Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Martha MacKenzie (Jodi Gordon)

Finally no more martha

Aww I dont think shes that bad

I like Martha at the beginning especially when she was with Jack at the start and i started disliking her when she cheated on Jack while he was in hospital

I wonder will Hugo be part of her departure i hope not - maybe she will leave with Liam ?????????

She was at her best with jack

Jodi Gordon has angered Channel Seven after defecting to a rival network, according to reports.

The Home and Away star, who recently left the soap after being caught up in a drugs scandal, has reportedly signed a contract with new Channel Nine TV drama Cops LAC.

Seven bosses are believed to be upset with Gordon for begging to be released from her contract with the soap in order for her to have a break from the limelight, only for her to allegedly sign up with another TV show two days later.

A TV insider explained Gordon's departure to The Daily Telegraph: "She was in a real state over everything that went on and wanted to be let go. At first she was offered some time off and because she was still contracted to the network we had a right to hold her to it.

"We said she could come back at any time she wanted but she was really stressed so we ended up letting her go."

Another Seven source said: "It felt like a kick in the teeth when we found out."

A Nine spokesperson said that Gordon had not yet been firmly cast in the new show.

DS

Home and Away star Jodi Gordon has filmed her final scenes with the soap.

The actress spent her last day on set today after five years in the role of Martha MacKenzie, the Herald Sun reports.

Gordon announced that she was leaving Home and Away last month. She has since landed a part in police drama Cops LAC.

In a new statement reflecting on her Summer Bay stint, the star commented: "I've had a wonderful five years with Channel Seven and Home and Away - it's been an amazing experience to be a part of this incredible show. I've learnt so much.''

Gordon confirmed that she would like to work with Seven again in the future, adding: "You never know, Martha might come back to Summer Bay."

Last week, it was reported that Amy Mathews (Rachel Armstrong) and Jon Sivewright (Tony Holden) are also leaving the programme.

DS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-02-2010)

Does she leave to be with Hugo maybe?

I know Hugo will be back, but I don't know if it's permanent.

Martha'd have to be very stupid indeed to take up with him again after what he's done.

Hooray Hooray! about time she left, she is really annoying

Home and Away star Jodi Gordon has failed to secure a role on forthcoming police drama Cops LAC, according to a report.

The actress was last month tipped as a likely recruit for the show after auditioning for a part.

However, The Daily Telegraph has now reported that Gordon was ultimately not chosen for any involvement in the programme.

A source told the newspaper: "Jodi auditioned for the show, but there's no role for her, not even a minor one."

A spokesperson for the Nine Network, which is to broadcast Cops LAC, refused to comment on the report.

Gordon filmed her final scenes as Summer Bay's Martha MacKenzie on February 23.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-03-2010)

Thread Information