Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Martha MacKenzie (Jodi Gordon)

Exclamation Martha MacKenzie (Jodi Gordon)

Jodi Gordon has quit Aussie soap Home and Away after "a tremendous five years" in the role, according to reports.

A spokesman told the Herald Sun: "Jodi has put in a tremendous five years on Home and Away.

"It was a mutual decision for her to take this next step in her career. Jodi will always be part of the 7 family and has our love and support as she moves forward."

Last year, the actress was at the centre of a scandal after being reported missing in late May. On June 5, the 24-year-old star was reportedly found in a gangster's bedroom.

Gordon, who plays Martha in the long running soap, also split from Channel 7 television heir boyfriend, Ryan Stokes.

DS

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-02-2010), lizann (28-01-2010), tammyy2j (27-01-2010)

Oh that's great news. Never was a Martha fan.
    Thanks CrazyLea

great news

I used to really like Martha, when she was with Jack. But now she has gone so boring. So not a terrible loss.

On a separate similiar note.. how long does Bambang stay?

Aww Ive always been a Martha fan Although I did go off her with Hugo and stuff

But Jack and Martha are like one of the reasons I started watching H&A!

Jodi Gordon's departure from Home and Away is coming because Australia's Seven Network chose not to extend her contract, a report has claimed.

Yesterday, it was announced that Gordon is to leave her role as Martha MacKenzie after five years with the soap. She is expected to film her final scenes next month.

The Herald Sun newspaper now reports that the actress was dropped by Seven due to the high-profile drug scandal which ensued after she was reported missing last June.

It is alleged that Seven's chairman Kerry Stokes found the incident embarrassing as Gordon was dating his son Ryan at the time.

Sources have indicated that the soap star was first informed of her axing two months ago. It is thought that she is now feeling "relieved" over the prospect of no longer being "gagged by the Seven machine".

Meanwhile, other insiders have insisted that there is no truth in rumours that Gordon will search for roles in the US after she completes her Summer Bay commitments.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (28-01-2010)

i'm glad she is going whether fired or not

I never took to her, even when she was with Jack. Wonder how she will leave? Wonder whether it will have something to do with Hugo's departure

I used to really like Martha but she's just gotten whiny and boring in the last couple of years. I'm glad she's going too.

Jodi Gordon has been offered a starring role in a new drama series.

The actress, who plays Martha McKenzie in the soap, recently announced that she will be leaving her Home and Away role next month.

Gordon is believed to have auditioned for a part on Cops LAC over the past two weeks and will now join Underbelly star Gyton Grantley and former colleague Kate Ritchie on the new police show.

A spokesperson for the Nine Network told The Daily Telegraph: "Yes, she did audition, she was outstanding and she has been offered a part. We expect she will accept the role."

Although Gordon is said to have left the Seven Network by "mutual agreement", it is believed that TV boss Kerry Stokes has wanted her out for months since her recent drugs scandal brought about the end of her relationship with his son Ryan.

Thread Information