Thread: Corrie's Shelley 'too busy' for return

Corrie's Shelley 'too busy' for return

Sally Lindsay has insisted that she is too busy to consider returning to Coronation Street.

The actress bowed out from her role as troubled Shelley Unwin on the Weatherfield soap in 2006 and has since appeared in a number of theatre productions.

Lindsay has also returned to her comedy career by appearing at the Edinburgh Festival and working on BBC Three sketch show Scallywagga.

Discussing the possibility of a Street comeback, she told the Daily Record: "I never say never but there's too much going on in other parts of my career to even contemplate it.

"Once you are in the Street, you can't do anything else, you can't dip in and out of it, so it would have to be a massive commitment. I have lots of other things to do. I have had a lovely time since I left."

Reflecting on her decision to leave Shelley behind, Lindsay said: "It feels like a million years ago for me because I've never stopped. My heart was in it right until the end. I left before it wasn't. You can't really fake it with a character like Shelley. Leaving was a joint decision by me and Shelley because we'd been through enough."

There is no need for Lindsay to return to the street. She has no family or ties in the street now.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Only an ex-bigamist husband lol

I always wanted Shelley to get with Ciaran

I agree why would she return she has no family there but she was good friends with Sunita so maybe to visit her with little Charlie junior

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Only an ex-bigamist husband lol
    oh i yeh she has ant she

Thread Information