Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Criminal Minds - Living TV

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**

Criminal Minds - Living TV

Does anyone watch this?

Its in its second season showing on Living TV (Fridays at 9pm, the first showing airs) and I would highly recommend it to CSI/Criminal Show lovers.

The episode just aired here this week was about a group of three friends that were kidnapped and held in a basement - their kidnapper then told them they had a choice to make - which two would leave alive and which would die. Excellent show based on the Behavioural Science Unit of the FBI (the same that Clarice Starling was involved in within Silence of the Lambs) in which they profile the person who is carrying out the crimes in order to help the local police department catch them. It varies week to week from murder to kidnap to other crimes.

A bit of blurb from CBS:

About the Show
    CRIMINAL MINDS revolves around an elite team of FBI profilers who analyze the country's most twisted criminal minds, anticipating their next moves before they strike again. Special Agent Jason Gideon (Mandy Patinkin) is the FBI's top behavioral analyst, working with the Behavioral Analysis Unit lead by Special Agent Aaron Hotchner (Thomas Gibson), a family man who is able to gain people's trust and unlock their secrets. Also on the team are Emily Prentiss (Paget Brewster), the daughter of high-powered diplomats who recently joined the team and must prove her worth to Gideon and Hotchner; Special Agent Derek Morgan (Shemar Moore), an expert on obsessional crimes; Special Agent Dr. Spencer Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler), a classically misunderstood genius whose social IQ is as low as his intellectual IQ is high; Jennifer "JJ" Jareau (AJ Cook), a confident young agent who acts as the unit liaison for the team, and Penelope Garcia (Kirsten Vangsness), a computer wizard who helps research the cases. Each member brings his or her own area of expertise to the table as they pinpoint predators' motivations and identify their emotional triggers in the attempt to stop them.

I watched the first series that was on last year when they were looking for the serial killer. missed a couple of episodes from the second series though, will catch up with it when they show it on 5

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Is that the show with the guy from Dharma and Gregg in it?? I watch a bit of it..
    Super Mod

I have no idea Shiv - never seen Dharma and Gregg lol. Looking forward to this weeks new episode though on Friday.

I've seen one episode Was really good! Want to watch it again, but bad timings!! It's really interesting to see into the mind of the criminals. See why they do what they do.
    Last edited by CrazyLea; 19-04-2007 at 18:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Is that the show with the guy from Dharma and Gregg in it?? I watch a bit of it..
    That's were I've seen him before. I couldn't think what show he had been in before. Cheers Siobhan

Mandy Patinkin (Gideon) Leaving.....

This just in: Sources confirm that Mandy Patinkin has agreed to return to Criminal Minds for one episode this fall to wrap up his story.

The news comes just hours after Minds exec producer Ed Bernero posted this blistering message on the show's No. 1 fansite regarding Patinkin's vanishing act:

There have been several reports recently in the media about the Mandy Patinkin situation on Criminal Minds. Firstly, they are true -- Mr. Patinkin has left the show. What's troubling to us though, is that the reports tend to suggest or hint that the Producers, the Studios or CBS have something to do with what has happened. Phrases like 'maybe cooler heads will prevail...' and the like have been used. Let me make this clear: this is not about a contract renegotiation, this is not about money, this is not about something Mr. Patinkin asked for that wasn't provided -- in fact, everyone involved in the show has for two years bent over backward to give him anything he wanted.

Mr. Patinkin told the show, the studios and the network the he was returning right up to the day before we started shooting the first episode and then simply did not show up. He also has not contacted anyone within the show (producers, cast, crew) to explain why he isn't returning. Even to this moment, we have no word from him. He gave us no advance notice that anything was wrong, no oppurtunity to find a way to make the loss of this character work, no indication that we should be looking for someone else, no warning that we might have to rewrite the first seven scripts (which is how far ahead we try to work) without the central character in them. None. Zero. He was not, as some media reports have indicated, written 'lightly' in our first episode, in fact, it was quite the opposite. Because of the construct of the first episode story, he was actually in the center of that episode. He left us completely in the proverbial lurch.

As loyal fans of the show, we think you all deserve an explanation and I wish I had a better one to give you. The most amazing writing staff in television is working very hard to find a way to make this work and we will find a way to give you the organic, dramatic experience you expect from CM.

If I have new news I will provide it, and if there are questions you have... we will do our best to answer. If you hear a rumor, please ask us. I remain touched and humbled by the support you have all shown the show.

from Ask Ausiello

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (17-07-2007)

Apparently, a casting call has been put out for someone that looks like Mandy, so whether they will just replace him, or replace his character entirely remains to be seen. Personally I think this is a big loss to a great show but am also very interested to see how this pans out.

What is it with these prima donna's who think they are bigger than the TV show they appear in. Maddy will regret his decision to leave a top show like criminal minds. David Caruso did a similar thing on walking out on NYPD Blues because he wanted more money so he went and did a couple of movies but they bombed. Its only since he got a second chance with CSI Miami that he admits he made a terrible mistake on walking out on NYPD.

Mandy Patinkin will be a big loss for the show. He did the same thing before on Chicago Hope.

Thread Information