Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Izzy Armstrong (Cherylee Houston)

Gary and Izzy are to have a baby in an upcoming Coronation Street storyline.

In episodes due to air in the next few days, the couple look after Faye and discuss the prospect of having a family.

It looks as if it will be happening sooner than they think, however, as, according to All About Soap, Izzy (Cherylee Houston) will soon confide in Fiz that she's pregnant.

This could spell trouble for their relationship - bad boy Gary (Mikey North) has shown a softer side in recent months, but is still unsure if he's ready for the responsibility of starting a family.

Izzy is determined to keep the baby with or without him, which leads to her own health fears threatening her happiness.

Viewers will be kept waiting to see whether Gary will choose to leave Izzy, or if he'll stick by her during her time of need.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (04-06-2012), tammyy2j (05-06-2012)

Coronation Street star Cherylee Houston has admitted that her character Izzy Armstrong fears being dumped by boyfriend Gary Windass when her pregnancy storyline begins.

As first revealed earlier this month, Izzy will discover that she is expecting a baby in an upcoming episode. However, she is frightened to share the news with Gary (Mikey North) as she knows he does not feel ready to start a family.

Houston told Soaplife of Izzy's reaction: "It's quite a shock. She's scared Gary is going to leave her and she'll have to do it on her own. How would she cope?

"She also wonders if she can physically do it with her disability. There is an increased chance of miscarriage, but lots of people with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome - which Izzy has - do carry babies full term."

Viewers will see Izzy receive some advice from Fiz Stape (Jennie McAlpine), who suggests that she should tell Gary the truth sooner rather than later.

Asked how Izzy would react if Gary failed to support her, Houston replied: "I think she'd definitely go it alone. Nobody can ever prove her wrong. She's just so blooming independent."

Backing the couple to get through the issue, she added: "I think it will bring them closer together. They are really connecting at the moment and looking out for each other."

Coronation Street launches Izzy's pregnancy storyline early next month.

Coronation Street's Cherylee Houston has hinted that Gary will commit to Izzy when she tells him she is pregnant.

The actress predicts that the pair, who have had an on-and-off relationship since falling for each other in late 2010, will have a long future together as a couple.

"I think it will bring them closer together," she told Soaplife. "I think they're really connecting at the moment now.

"They're really looking out for each other and the pregnancy will bring them together as a family."

Before she informs Gary (Mikey North), she is struck a blow when he reveals he feels more comfortable working than bringing up children.

Houston added: "Gary says it's easier to lug sand about on a building site or fill in a skip in the rain than look after kids - and that's not what Izzy wants to hear!

"She's very scared as she's thinking that she's going to have to have the baby on her own."

The 36-year-old recently divulged that Izzy will be shaken by the fact her disability increases the chances of a miscarriage.

Coronation Street's Cherylee Houston has revealed that she is starting to adopt her character's Mancunian accent in real life.

The actress, who plays Izzy Armstrong in the ITV serial, also spoke about the differences between herself and her Weatherfield alter ego.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Houston explained: "Bits of me are like Izzy. I seem to be adopting Izzy's accent more and more - dropping my t's and h's!"

However, she said of her character traits: "I'm a bit more diplomatic than she is, and I don't fly off the handle as fast. She can be quite dogmatic when she gets something between her teeth - she's always ready to bark!"

Of representing disabled people on the show, Houston added: "I think we get judged so much on people's opinions, which means that we're often misrepresented.

"I'm just showing that we're regular people. Every job you take, you have to get into battle."

Coronation Street star Cherylee Houston has admitted that her character Izzy would be devastated if she discovered Gary's kiss with Tina.

Gary (Mikey North) made a move on Tina (Michelle Keegan) during Monday night's episode of the soap.

Speaking to the Radio Times about Gary's betrayal, Houston said: "She'd be absolutely devastated. It would almost be another punch in the stomach. Not only can Izzy not carry her own baby, but her partner's also turned away from her.

"For her to discover he has feelings for Tina, who is doing the most intimate thing for them as a couple, would just be devastating."

Houston also revealed that she doesn't think Izzy would hold it against Tina if she was to eventually discover the truth.

"I don't know. It would hurt her deeply. It would be a trust issue, I think. She's fair-minded so I don't think she'd hold it against Tina because she had said no to Gary. She's not a girl who's jealous of other girls irrationally.

"Izzy takes no prisoners where Gary's concerned and is capable of reigning him in, so that's really enjoyable to play."

Coronation Street continues tonight at 6.45pm on ITV.

Coronation Street's Izzy Armstrong and Gary Windass could be facing one of their toughest times yet as a couple as their surrogacy deal with Tina McIntyre threatens to tear them apart.

A confused Gary (Mikey North) made a move on Tina (Michelle Keegan) earlier this week, and as ever in soapland, it's only a matter of time before Izzy finds out the truth.

We recently caught up with Cherylee Houston, who plays Izzy, to hear her take on the storyline and life at Corrie.

What has the surrogacy storyline been like to film?
    "I'm loving filming it - it's really good fun. It's brilliant to work with Mikey and Michelle so much, and we're all really enjoying it. There are a lot of emotional scenes involved so it's quite a lot of hard work, but it's definitely enjoyable for all of us.

"It's also a really interesting topic to explore. I think surrogacy is a brilliant thing for people who can't have children. There are also a lot of women who enjoy the process of having a baby for somebody else."

Have you had much feedback from the viewers?
    "Yes, it's quite an interesting one, as people are always asking me, 'Do you get the baby?' and 'Is it Tina and Tommy's baby?', so there's certainly a lot of speculation out there which people have been quizzing me about!"

How is Izzy feeling about Tina and Gary's connection at the moment?
    "Izzy is feeling quite cross with herself for getting so jealous over their closeness. It's obvious that Gary is going to feel close to Tina, because she's carrying his baby. That means that Gary is drawn to Tina. Izzy has become very aware of that, but at this point she's upset with herself for struggling to cope with it."

How would Izzy feel if she knew about Gary making a pass at Tina?
    "Izzy would be absolutely devastated. She'd feel so hurt, because so much has been invested in their relationship, their love for each other and their need for a child. I really think it'd be the worst thing in the world for Izzy if she found out what Gary had done. A lot would certainly unravel from that!"

What's your own take on Gary's behaviour?
    "I don't think it's a typical soap storyline, as it's more complicated than just an infidelity plot. The writers have been very clever with this, as there are so many reasons why Gary got close to Tina in the first place. There's so much confusion in his head about why he has those feelings, so it's an interesting angle to take.

"Plus, Gary does have a tendency of getting slightly obsessed with things in his head - this time it's Tina!"

Could Izzy forgive Gary if she found out what he'd done?
    "Oh, I don't know! I think she'd just be so floored at finding out that he'd done that, so it's hard to know how she'd react. Izzy is quite a definite person, as she's always very decisive and 'in the moment'. Things are often quite black and white with her, so I think you'd have to expect a strong reaction from Izzy!"

Would you be disappointed if Izzy and Gary did split up?
    "I would, as I love working with Mikey. The good thing is that if they did split up, the baby would probably still tie them together and we'd still share scenes.

"There's a really interesting dynamic between Izzy and Gary, because they're two people who you wouldn't really put together, yet they work so well. Izzy doesn't take any of his rubbish and I think she definitely wears the trousers more than Gary thinks!"

Next week's episodes see Katy find out about Gary's pass at Tina. Would Izzy be hurt over Katy not telling her the truth?
    "It's an interesting one, because when Izzy found out about Katy and Ryan's fling, she went straight round there and told her that she knew. Izzy was very honest with Katy and tried to help her see what that situation was. I think she'd be very hurt that her sister hasn't had the same loyalty towards her!"

Tina is starting to feel smothered by the Windasses. Do you think they're approaching this situation in the wrong way?
    "I think they genuinely want to help Tina as much as they can. They're all very aware that Tina hasn't got a family around, and they're all quite family-orientated people. They're trying to embrace her into the fold, because she's helping them to extend their family.

"Everything they're doing is out of love and care, but from the outside, it might be a bit much! But people never realise when they overdo things, do they? At least, until it's too late and they get shouted at!"

Is Izzy worried about Tina growing too attached to the baby?
    "I don't think it's crossed Izzy's mind at all that Tina could get attached to the baby. It's the last thing that she'd expect."

How do you feel about Michelle Keegan deciding to leave Corrie?
    "I'm really going to miss her. She's such a good actress and fun to work with. However, she's here for another year, so she's got such a long time to go yet. I'm sure we'll have more fun ahead!"

After three years at Corrie, do you still enjoy it as much as when you first started?
    "Yes, I love this job - it's genuinely such a nice job. Everyone is so lovely and friendly to work with, and we have such a great team here of creative people. I'm always learning something at Corrie.

"I'd love to stay here and continue to work on Corrie for a lot longer. I think Izzy has got a lot of stories ahead. There's a lot of potential for her and I really enjoy playing her."

Is there anything you'd love the writers to explore with Izzy?
    "Well, the writers are so brilliant that they come up with so many things that you just wouldn't even think of yourself. I always just wait to see what challenge I'll be given next. I've learned a lot as an actor from everything that I've done so far, which has been brilliant for me."

What do you get up to in your spare time?
    "Well, I'm growing carrots at the moment! I'm a bit of a geek! I've started growing tomatoes and I've just ordered an artificial lawn to edge them with."

Do you think Corrie is in with a good chance at the British Soap Awards this weekend?
    "I hope so, as I think Corrie's had some fantastic storylines and the actors are showing how good they are. I think it'd be lovely if that was reflected at the awards!"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

A Corrie source confirmed the storyline and said show bosses were working with experts about the subject

Coronation Street will be rocked by a new drugs shock in the New Year – as a soap character turns to cannabis for help.

Wheelchair bound character Izzy Armstrong will confess to Erica Hulroyd that she's in a lot of pain and her usual prescription medicine isn't making a difference any more.

Erica, played by Claire King, suggests she starts smoking cannabis to ease the pain and knows where she can get some from.

Izzy initially says no but then ends up smoking the drug in a bid to help herself when Erica supplies her with some drugs.

A Corrie source confirmed the storyline and said show bosses were working with experts about the subject. The subject of cannabis use for pain relief has been debated in the UK in the past.

ITVCheryl Houston plays Izzy ArmstrongCheryl Houston plays Izzy Armstrong

A Corrie insider added: “The show has researched this issue extensively and, whilst Izzy will take cannabis to try and alleviate her pain, the programme will look at all aspects of this debate and examine the legal implications and the far reaching consequences of her actions for her family.”

Izzy is played by Cherylee Houston, 39, who joined in 2010 and was Corrie's first disabled character.

Izzy was the first member of the Armstrong family to be introduced, her father Owen and sister Katy arrived within two months after her first appearance.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/c...-drugs-7038916

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-12-2015), Glen1 (19-12-2015), maidmarian (19-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    A Corrie source confirmed the storyline and said show bosses were working with experts about the subject

Coronation Street will be rocked by a new drugs shock in the New Year – as a soap character turns to cannabis for help.

Wheelchair bound character Izzy Armstrong will confess to Erica Hulroyd that she's in a lot of pain and her usual prescription medicine isn't making a difference any more.

Erica, played by Claire King, suggests she starts smoking cannabis to ease the pain and knows where she can get some from.

Izzy initially says no but then ends up smoking the drug in a bid to help herself when Erica supplies her with some drugs.

A Corrie source confirmed the storyline and said show bosses were working with experts about the subject. The subject of cannabis use for pain relief has been debated in the UK in the past.

ITVCheryl Houston plays Izzy ArmstrongCheryl Houston plays Izzy Armstrong

A Corrie insider added: “The show has researched this issue extensively and, whilst Izzy will take cannabis to try and alleviate her pain, the programme will look at all aspects of this debate and examine the legal implications and the far reaching consequences of her actions for her family.”

Izzy is played by Cherylee Houston, 39, who joined in 2010 and was Corrie's first disabled character.

Izzy was the first member of the Armstrong family to be introduced, her father Owen and sister Katy arrived within two months after her first appearance.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/c...-drugs-7038916
    another story I hope is responsibly dealt with.
    Extensive research is often mentioned at these
    times.
    Not always must evidence of that on screen tho.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-12-2015), Perdita (19-12-2015)

Coronation Street drugs plot will begin next week as Erica Holroyd gives Izzy Armstrong some cannabis
    Izzy Armstrong's drugs storyline will begin on Coronation Street next week, after Erica Holroyd comes up with an idea to help her manage her pain.
    Izzy, who has the connective tissue disorder Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, will confide in Erica (Claire King), admitting that she has been in terrible pain since dislocating her hip.
    With her painkillers not working, Erica offers to get her some cannabis to help.
    The ITV soap has lined up the plot to debate the issue of using marijuana as pain relief, and the subsequent effect Izzy's decision will have on her family.
    Although Izzy (Cherylee Houston) is initially against the idea, it looks like she could be reconsidering the offer when her pain intensifies.
    When she calls in the shop, she tells Erica that she'd like to take up her offer of some cannabis and they meet furtively in the Rovers back yard.
    Erica hands over a small package of the drugs - but is Izzy making the right decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coronation Street drugs plot will begin next week as Erica Holroyd gives Izzy Armstrong some cannabis
    Izzy Armstrong's drugs storyline will begin on Coronation Street next week, after Erica Holroyd comes up with an idea to help her manage her pain.
    Izzy, who has the connective tissue disorder Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, will confide in Erica (Claire King), admitting that she has been in terrible pain since dislocating her hip.
    With her painkillers not working, Erica offers to get her some cannabis to help.
    The ITV soap has lined up the plot to debate the issue of using marijuana as pain relief, and the subsequent effect Izzy's decision will have on her family.
    Although Izzy (Cherylee Houston) is initially against the idea, it looks like she could be reconsidering the offer when her pain intensifies.
    When she calls in the shop, she tells Erica that she'd like to take up her offer of some cannabis and they meet furtively in the Rovers back yard.
    Erica hands over a small package of the drugs - but is Izzy making the right decision?
    Why can´t they meet at Izzy´s or Erica´s ??? Somebody is bound to see/overhear them

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-02-2016), sarah c (02-02-2016)

Thread Information