Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jedward

Jedward

Jedward Sign To Sony Music And Release Their Debut Single

X Factor phenomenon and national treasures Jedward have today signed with Sony Music and will release their debut single later this month.

Finally bowing to public demand Jedward’s first single will be Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby), featuring 90s icon Vanilla Ice.

The duo, who caused a national sensation with their gravity defying quiffs and energetic performances on last year’s X Factor exclusively performed the single, along with Vanilla Ice, at The National Television Awards on 20th January.

The single will be available to download from Sunday January 31st with a CD release in shops on Monday February 15th.

“Ice Ice Baby”, which samples the bassline of the Queen/Bowie classic ‘Under Pressure,’ was originally written by Vanilla Ice and DJ Earthquake; hitting No.1 across the world. The success of the single led Ice’s album ‘To the Extreme’ to sell over 15 million copies, making it one of the most successful selling rap records of all time.

Jedward’s version of the track has been produced by Nigel Wright, famed for his work with Take That, Boyzone and his long association with Andrew Lloyd Webber, as well as his role as musical director of The X Factor since 2004.

John and Edward said of the single: “A year ago we were training for cross country competitions and now like our idols we are living our dream. We really can’t believe that we have a single out and are performing with Vanilla Ice. We’re dedicating this single to all our fans who have been so supportive to us throughout The X Factor.”

Louis Walsh said: “Jedward really captured the public’s imagination whilst on The X Factor and love them or hate them you can’t deny that they were the talking point of the series. As Under Pressure was the track that really catapulted the boys to fame it seemed only fitting to release the song as their first single.”

Jedward will be appearing on The X Factor 2010 Live Tour which kicks off in Liverpool on February 15th.

Jedward are managed by Louis Walsh and Ashley Tabor, Founder and Group CEO of Global
    Last edited by Perdita; 22-01-2010 at 23:18.

Michael Barrymore has claimed to be John & Edward's real father during an appearance on Irish television.

The presenter shocked members of the audience with the joke on last weekend's Saturday Night Show.

"I happen to know their mother very well," he told the show's host Brendan O'Connor. "Extremely well, and if you look very closely.

"Seriously, how old are the boys? Aged about 18 now... I can't remember. I send them maintenance money. I don't wish to shock, I know the father is sitting there wishing they were his."

"We should just say that is not legally true!" O'Connor quickly interjected.

Barrymore added: "How dare you take my children away from me? Outrageous."

The 57-year-old proceeded to kiss the twins' mother, who was in the audience to watch her sons perform on the programme.

During the interview, Barrymore also suggested that he is the leader of the sheep society, bursting into song: "Sheep, may be the face I can't regret. Baaaa. May be the mirror of regret. Baaaaa."

He was only joking

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Michael Barrymore has claimed to be John & Edward's real father during an appearance on Irish television.

The presenter shocked members of the audience with the joke on last weekend's Saturday Night Show.

"I happen to know their mother very well," he told the show's host Brendan O'Connor. "Extremely well, and if you look very closely.

"Seriously, how old are the boys? Aged about 18 now... I can't remember. I send them maintenance money. I don't wish to shock, I know the father is sitting there wishing they were his."

"We should just say that is not legally true!" O'Connor quickly interjected.

Barrymore added: "How dare you take my children away from me? Outrageous."

The 57-year-old proceeded to kiss the twins' mother, who was in the audience to watch her sons perform on the programme.

During the interview, Barrymore also suggested that he is the leader of the sheep society, bursting into song: "Sheep, may be the face I can't regret. Baaaa. May be the mirror of regret. Baaaaa."

I cant see them lasting

Characters apparently inspired by The X Factor's John & Edward have been drawn as thugs in the latest issue of Batman and Robin.

John and Edward Grimes, 18, are seemingly portrayed as villians in the magazine, produced by DC Comics, The Sun reports.

The strip was drawn for the American comic by British artists Grant Morrison and Andy Clarke.

In last year's X Factor, the Grimes brothers became famous for their rendition of the theme to comic book favourite 'Ghostbusters'.

DS

saw them on sat night at x factor tour they were clueless but so funny, they were dancing above the crowd singing ghostbuster and the teens loved them they sold more t-shirts than anyone else! and they were £20!! on the front it says 'who u gonna call then on the back it says 'john and edward
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

X FACTOR twins Jedward have been axed by music giant Sony after just one single.

The lads - John and Edward Grimes, 18 - signed to the label earlier this year in a bid to cash in on the hype surrounding their time on the show.

But their first song Under Pressure, a duet with ageing rapper Vanilla Ice, failed to top the charts or make much cash for the record company.

It was beaten to No1 last month by American band Owl City and the following week slumped to number 12.

An insider confirmed: "We tried our best to make the lads credible recording artists but punters just weren't that bothered.

"They are great lads but haven't got the greatest voices, so they're something to see rather than listen to.

"Record companies are going through major upheaval so we have to be very careful what we throw our weight behind. I'm sure Jedward will be able to make a buck touring as a novelty act."

The news is a blow for manager Louis Walsh who took the boys on after they were kicked off X Factor last year.

He confirmed the axing last night but insisted: "I'm completely committed to Jedward and I know they still have a great career ahead.

"The boys have a sell-out tour in Ireland straight after The X Factor Tour in April and I'm in talks with a major record label about a new deal for them."

The boys demise will no doubt give Simon Cowell a chuckle - he refused to give Jedward a deal with his Syco label.

He signed X Factor winner Joe McElderry and runner-up Olly Murs instead.

The Sun

universal signed jedward

X Factor duo John & Edward have reportedly signed a deal with Universal.

The Irish twins, who were dropped by Sony after only one single release, have been picked up by the rival label, according to Irish TV show Exposé.

Manager Louis Walsh insisted that the pair have a long future ahead of them, claiming that they are the real stars on the current X Factor tour.

"It's sold out, four nights in Dublin, four nights in Belfast, it's huge and it's all because of Jedward," he said. "It's the biggest tour in X Factor history and it's all about Jedward.

"Jedward then start their Irish tour and it's all sold out. They are so in demand. They haven't had a day off since they were booted off X Factor, which was the best thing that could have happened.

"They have got endorsements, they have TV ads, everyone wants to make a TV show with them. I've got a full diary for them. They are the real winners."

Jedward's debut single 'Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby)' - a collaboration with rapper Vanilla Ice - entered the UK chart at number two last month before dropping to 12 a week later.

Louis Walsh has announced that Jedward Easter eggs will be launched soon.

Walsh, who manages the twins, explained that he is exploring various opportunities outside of music.

"I have TV ads lined up for them here and even Jedward Easter eggs are going on sale," he told Now.

Earlier this week, it emerged that the former X Factor stars had been dropped by Sony, but they later signed a deal with Universal.

Walsh has claimed that the change is "Sony's loss and Universal's gain".

DS

£18 for 3 and apparntly there are 100,000 ready to be shipped from the wearhouse for easter week
    Last edited by sindydoll; 18-03-2010 at 20:16.

Thread Information