Thread: 'H&A' producer promises "lighter" plots

'H&A' producer promises "lighter" plots

Home and Away's leading producer Cameron Welsh has revealed that romance storylines will be one main focus on the soap this year.

In an interview with TV Week, Welsh promised that fans would notice a change from the darker plots which have dominated Summer Bay in recent months.

He explained: "There is unquestionably a shift in tone for 2010. The storylines are, on the whole, lighter and will be more character-driven. And, yes, there will be a focus on relationships, among other themes."

Discussing some of the stories which are coming up, Welsh continued: "Gina and John will continue to grow closer, causing more angst for Xavier, but it won't be smooth sailing for them when a new character arrives.

"Tony and Rachel continue to find their way forward as a working family, juggling their jobs and raising baby Harry. Aden and Nicole have an interesting journey, a couple who may just be perfect for each other - in another time."

The show's long-standing actor Ray Meagher (Alf Stewart) recently promised a new "family" image for 2010, arguing that there had been "too many guns and balaclavas and bank robberies and that sort of thing".'H&A' producer promises "lighter" plots.

DS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-01-2010)

I don't want my beloved Home and Away to turn into Neighbours
    Last edited by Dazzle; 20-01-2010 at 15:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I don't want my beloved Home and Away to turn into Neighbours
    Exactly!!!!!! Its annoying

Thread Information