Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natalie Cassidy bemoans lesbian storyline

Natalie Cassidy bemoans lesbian storyline

EastEnders actress Natalie Cassidy has revealed why she originally left the soap in 2006.

The 26-year-old, who will reprise her role as Sonia Jackson for a one-off appearance in February alongside her on-screen family, said that she found the lesbian storyline between Sonia and Naomi as "shocking".

She told Reveal: "One of the reasons I left was because of the lesbian storyline I had. I felt that is wasn't right for Sonia - sometimes in soaps people are so keen to get a shocking story that the character gets forgotten."

She continued: "I'd only do it if I had an exciting storyline. I'd hate to go back and dwindle in the background - I'd like Sonia to cause a stir!"

The actress, who appeared on last year's Strictly Come Dancing, also shed light on her return to the EastEnders studios.

"Being on set was lovely. I spent 13 years of my life there so it was weird to get used to changes, but it felt like putting a pair of old slipper back on."

I thought the Jackson clan were back for good? Although it might mean that she has not split from Martin if she is not back permanently, as he has never been mentioned as coming back too. I would like that

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Didn't Bianca get a text from Sonia and Martin,, saying they would be at the wedding ????????????????

i thought that to

Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi View Post
    Didn't Bianca get a text from Sonia and Martin,, saying they would be at the wedding ????????????????
    I don't think Martin was mentioned, because I was thinking why is he not coming

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    I am just saying what i read on the SUBTITLES ,, didn't hear it :-)

Sorry, Jodi, did not read who the post was from. Maybe I heard wrong because I am quite hard of hearing myself

My understanding was that only Carol Jackson is back permanently.

I thought the entire Jackson clan including Sonia, Robbie and the little brother were back for good as well. So it's just a one-off for the wedding, hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!!

They are back for the wedding only i think

I hated Sonia as a character after she hooked up with Martin ( i mean he killed the love of her life Jamie)

i thought the jacksons were back for good too
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Thread Information