Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctors

Doctors

Has there ever been a spoiler for this programme? I can't be the only person to watch it!! I'm worried about Jimmi

There was not enough interest for a thread on Doctors. I watch it when I can, usually only on a Friday because I finish work early. Have been off sick for a few days and hope that this storyline ends soon, fooking ridiculous, Jimmy phoning Julia instead of police when he had the chance. But I gather that it will come to an end at the end of this week.

hey does anyone watch this? I need to start watching this for uni, and am a bit lost with the storylines. what's going on with all the characters and stuff?

I love this show i usually watch it on i player

some of the storylines currently are Zara is not really Zara her real name is Alex Grey and is under a false name 2 get revenge for her dad who's in prison shes sleeping with the son of the finance directer of a company her dad and this guy used to run together. Their was a fire and 1 person died and Ales' dad got the blame and got 10 years when it was the other guys fault. She's now balckmailing Daniel into sleeping with the mans wifeto wreck thier marriage. (Goes on I Know)

Lilly the one whos always in black is about to foster a troubled teenager alone

Charlies the one with the white hair was recently being a right pratt recently by making innapproapriate remarks over all the female staff but the girls got their revenge.

Simon is the (one with glasses don't know how else to desctibe him) he's ay and recently went on a date set up unknowingly ny his friend Cherry (blonde nurse) but was a disaster (not exactly interesting I know)

Cherry's also recently had a big storyline when she found out her boyfriend Scott was a drug dealer. he died after overdosing on Heroine

Karen whos the receptionist was recently held hostage by her son Jacks' 'mate' Lewis at the uni where he attends. Lewis was shot dead after Jacks dad Rob the copper stormed in and the police marks men shot lewis dead. Lewis also shot his lectuere

Hope this helps its just some of whats been going on recently and i know some of it goes on but thats just me!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Debbie Meadows For This Useful Post:

Bryan (24-02-2010)

That is quite a good description, Debbie

Jimmy, one of the doctors was also held hostage by a brother and sister, they drugged him all the time and chained him to the radiator or bed. The sister wanted to sleep with him to have a baby. Ran nearly 3 weeks, I think, with this storyline before Jimmy was found

Had too much time on my hands I think lol

Former Emmerdale star Alyson Spiro has landed a guest part on BBC daytime drama Doctors.

The actress, who played the Yorkshire soap's Sarah Sugden between 1994 and 2000, is filming her one-off appearance this week for an episode due to air in July.

Spiro is taking on the role of Gill Ferry, the daughter of an elderly Alzheimer's sufferer named Lorna Robson. Lorna is introduced to the serial as a neighbour of regular character Julia Parsons (Diane Keen).

As previously revealed, veteran actress Susannah York is also filming with Doctors this week in the role of Lorna.

The pair's episode, titled 'Gibberish', is due to be screened on Monday, July 12 on BBC One. It will see Julia becoming embroiled in the lives of Gill and Lorna after making a shock discovery.

Doctors is celebrating its tenth anniversary this week and has been marking the occasion with Decade of Doctors, a five-part series of behind-the-scenes shows.

Former Coronation Street star Madhav Sharma is to appear on BBC medical drama Doctors for a guest part.

The actor, who played Dev Alahan's businessman acquaintance Prem Mandal on the Weatherfield soap in 2008, recently finished filming a two-episode stint at the Doctors set.

In instalments which air in May and June, Sharma will be seen in the role of Ravi Choudhry, a former colleague of regular character Dr. Heston Carter (Owen Brennan).

Heston's latest story begins when Ravi and Hugo, another one of his old friends, turn up out of the blue to remind him that it is his turn to host an annual get-together.

Later, Cherry Malone (Sophie Abelson) volunteers herself as co-host for the event and the night itself sees her struggling under the pressure to create a good impression.

Sharma's two episodes are due to be screened on Thursday, May 20 and Friday, June 4 respectively.

Doctors celebrates its tenth anniversary this week and has been marking the milestone with Decade of Doctors, a five-part series of behind-the-scenes shows.

Earlier this week, DS revealed that former Cutting It star Annette Badland, veteran actress Susannah York and ex-Emmerdale regular Alyson Spiro will also be seen in guest parts later this year.

DS

Former Holby City star Mark Moraghan is to make a one-off appearance on BBC medical drama Doctors.

The actor, best known for playing Holby General's Owen Davies between 2001 and 2005, will be seen in the role of Tony Mullen, a patient of Dr Heston Carter (Owen Brenman).

In a forthcoming episode, Tony arrives at the Mill with wife Sandy (Julia Dalkin) and is told that their chances of having a baby are slim. The couple's struggle to conceive stems back to a childhood accident which saw Sandy being hit by a car.

The instalment, titled 'Past Tense', is scheduled to air on Tuesday, June 1 and will explore how the pair's problems leave Tony in a bitter and angry state.

As well as his Holby role, Moraghan has previously starred in Brookside and Dream Team.

Doctors has been celebrating its tenth anniversary this week. Over the past five days, DS has exclusively revealed the castings of Annette Badland, Susannah York, Alyson Spiro and Madhav Sharma in other guest roles on the serial.

The cast and crew of daytime soap Doctors fear that the show could become a casualty of the BBC Trust's network-wide drama review, according to a report.

Last week, it was revealed that the BBC's flagship serials - including EastEnders, Casualty and Holby City - are to receive a value-for-money assessment as part of the Trust's published work plan for 2010 and 2011.

According to The Mirror today, the news has left the Doctors team feeling pessimistic over the programme's future because the Trust could decide to cut back on the number of BBC medical dramas.

The newspaper quotes a show executive as saying: "We're preparing to find ourselves on the chopping block. Three long-running shows with a similar audience, themes and storylines are up for review and Doctors is probably the weakest link in terms of ratings."

Doctors last month celebrated its 10th anniversary and continues to be a strong performer for BBC One's daytime schedule, regularly winning its timeslot and attracting consistent audience numbers.

Responding to today's reports, a Doctors spokesperson told DS: "We welcome the forthcoming review into the BBC's continuing drama. It's an opportunity to highlight creative programming that attracts a large and dedicated audience on a regular basis.

"EastEnders, Holby, Casualty and Doctors tackle a variety of social issues and have won many awards. Not only are they key programmes in the BBC One schedule, but they also provide a training ground for developing and nurturing diverse new talent on and off screen."

Meanwhile, a source close to the show this morning told DS: "It's all speculation at the minute. The Trust's review isn't about axing shows, it's about ensuring they're value for money. Doctors airs 234 episodes a year and we're currently filming nine episodes at any one time, so we're confident that the Trust's review will highlight that."

Thread Information