Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tina Carter

Ha ha I was thinking the Tina johnny was knocking off lol

Quote Originally Posted by nickyzfan View Post
    Ha ha I was thinking the Tina johnny was knocking off lol
    I did think of her but I don't think they'd bring her back. They didn't bring her back to support Ruby after Johnny died so I don't think they'd do it now. She was close to Pat and with Pat not around any more, there's nothing left in the Square for her.

I think the writers have names that they like to reuse (like Russell T Davies did with Doctor Who.) I thought of Naomi as in Sonia's friend rather than the Naomi in the Spoilers.

Debra Stephenson would be great to play her

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Kim (18-09-2013)

EastEnders bosses have confirmed that Shirley Carter's sister Tina is heading to Albert Square.

Former Holby City and This Life actress Luisa Bradshaw-White has been cast in the role of Tina, who will make her first appearance on screen in November.

Luisa Bradshaw-White and Linda Henry as Tina and Shirley Carter in EastEnders
    © BBC
    Tina and Shirley Carter

Tina is Shirley's younger sister and viewers will soon discover that there are a lot of similarities between the siblings.

Billed as "loud, brash, cheeky and full of energy", nothing about Tina fades into the background and she is bound to get up to no good on the Square.

Tina's arrival could lead Shirley (Linda Henry) astray and show chiefs have promised that there are big plans for the feisty siblings.

Speaking of her new role, Bradshaw-White commented: "I am so excited to be joining EastEnders to play Tina as she is such a brilliant character to play. Linda is an amazing person to work with and the energy between Shirley and Tina is explosive!"

Luisa Bradshaw-White and Linda Henry as Tina and Shirley Carter in EastEnders
    © BBC
    Tina and Shirley Carter

The casting of Tina comes as EastEnders' new executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins continues to make his mark on the BBC soap. Since taking office last month, he has already brought in comedian Terry Alderton to play a new love interest for Bianca Butcher.

An EastEnders insider told Digital Spy: "Luisa is Dominic's second signing since he returned to EastEnders, and seeing as Dominic was the mastermind behind creating Shirley, there are bound to be really big things in store for Tina.

"Luisa is a great signing for the show. She's a fantastic actress and along with Linda Henry, the Carter sisters are really going to shake things up. There is a real buzz at Elstree at the moment as Dominic is starting to put his plans into place and everyone is really excited about the next few months."

Bradshaw-White has already begun filming ahead of her debut later in the year.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (20-09-2013), tammyy2j (19-09-2013)

Is she Zsa Zsa's mother so?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    please no to the return of Zsa Zsa

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    please no to the return of Zsa Zsa

good actress

EastEnders newcomer Luisa Bradshaw-White has revealed that the role of Tina Carter was reworked especially for her.

The 37-year-old actress was cast in the role of Tina earlier this year and makes her first appearance on the BBC One soap next week.
    Luisa Bradhsaw-White and Linda Henry as Tina and Shirley Carter in EastEnders
    © BBC / Steven Peskett
    Luisa Bradhsaw-White and Linda Henry

Tina is the sister of established regular Shirley (Linda Henry). Viewers will see that Shirley has been staying with her estranged sibling during her time away from Albert Square.

Bradshaw-White told TV Times: "I'd never wanted to do EastEnders. I always thought, 'God no, I can't cope with that sort of fame'. But all of a sudden I got older and felt more chilled out.

"The casting director said she had me in as her wild card for Shirley's sister. The character was originally supposed to be an overweight 50-year-old who's past it. I turned up looking lovely to ask them if they had anything else, and they rewrote it for me."

She added: "It's such a good part. Tina is really funny and has some brilliant one-liners. She and Shirley spend a lot of time shouting, but there's real love there. They don't shout through anger, it's just what they do, and the next minute they're talking normally or giggling."

Shirley and Tina's brother Mick, played by Danny Dyer, will also be joining the Square with his family at Christmas.

Bradshaw-White's previous screen credits include roles in This Life and Holby City.

Thread Information