Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tina Carter

Tina Carter

EastEnders star Emer Kenny has revealed that Shirley Carter's sister Tina could arrive in Albert Square in the future.

The actress, who plays Shirley's niece Zsa Zsa in the soap and online spinoff E20, hinted in an interview with DS that producers are waiting for the right time to introduce the character.

Asked whether viewers can expect to ever meet Tina - Zsa Zsa's mother - Kenny replied: "Not yet, but there's definitely the possibility in the future. I'm sure she'll be in soon."

Kenny also promised that the show's writers are to focus on "the family connection" between Shirley and Zsa Zsa as her character transitions from E20 to the main soap.

She said: "The pair recognise their similarities and that brings a warmth to their relationship. At first, though, they really clash and Heather thinks that Zsa Zsa's complete trouble - which she is! Elsewhere on the Square, there's a lot of story between the other young people on the Square. Zsa Zsa definitely gets stuck in."

On how viewers may respond to her alter ego, Kenny added: "It's quite interesting because I know when Zsa Zsa comes in, people will just hate her because she's a real bitch. That's quite intimidating because there are so many good bitches on the show - Janine being the queen of them all. Zsa Zsa's a little different in the way she looks and talks, though. So we've definitely tried to make her different."

DS

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-01-2010), tammyy2j (21-01-2010)

is zsa zsa coming back then, she left as quick as she appeared
    Maisie Mouse

I believe she is becoming a character in EE now, only the black in E2- girl has to wait a while but she hopes to join EE too at some time

So she will live with auntie Shirley no doubt

I think its great that there bringing family in for Shirley. She's been a bit of a loner since Carly and Deano left. I didnt even know till the other week that she had a sister.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sean slater For This Useful Post:

matt1378 (21-01-2010)

Who to play Shirley's sister?

Shirley is great
    Last edited by matt1378; 21-01-2010 at 13:02.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Who to play Shirley's sister?

Bad Girls reunion

Tina Carter

EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins has sparked speculation that another new character could be heading to Albert Square.

The show's new boss, who took office last month, last night (September 17) tweeted a picture of an on-set bomber jacket with the name 'Tina' printed on the back.

Treadwell-Collins was soon retweeted by the show's press office, as well as current cast members Jake Wood (Max Branning) and Adam Woodyatt (Ian Beale) - sending the rumour mill into overdrive.

Die-hard fans will know that the on-set jackets always have character names printed on the back rather than cast names.

While show bosses haven't released any other details, fans on the Digital Spy forums are already speculating that Shirley Carter's sister Tina could be the mystery character in question.

Hoping that this is Shirley's sister. She needs someone now that she hasn't got Heather any more. I did think it odd though that Tina didn't turn up while Zsa Zsa was on the scene if they were going to bring her in.

Thread Information