Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Stape gets another job as a teacher

John Stape gets another job as a teacher

John, played by Graeme Hawley, was jailed last year for abducting teenage student lover Rosie Webster (Helen Flanagan) and holding her captive in a remote house.

Now, after getting an early release and tying the knot with Fiz Brown (Jennie McAlpine), he has moved back to the Street - and is determined to make a new life for himself.

John knows that he cannot be a teacher with a criminal record so he applies for a job at an adult education centre.

Fiz fears that John's history with Rosie will come back to haunt him and tries to stop him taking the job.

But she realises that she cannot bear to ruin his plans after he tells her: "When they told me I'd got the job, Fiz ... I felt ten feet tall.

"It made me feel like all the Rosie stuff was a bad dream that happened to someone else.

"Don't you see Fiz? This is our chance at a fresh start."

Bosses say they will handle the issue sensitively.

A Corrie insider told TV Biz: "We know that John returning to teaching and the fact the college may not check him out properly will cause a lot of controversy with our viewers.

"But in true Corrie tradition John's job and whether he pursues it for long will be one of our great slow-burning storylines."

From:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...a-teacher.html
    Team Edward!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LalaGaga For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-01-2010), PILKY (14-01-2010)

Im shocked as this

wow erm dont know what to say

I think this is good because in real life we read all the time that a sex offender has got a job in a school, this will always happen, people slip trough the nets.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I think this is good because in real life we read all the time that a sex offender has got a job in a school, this will always happen, people slip trough the nets.
    yeh thats true

Quote Originally Posted by LalaGaga View Post
    "But in true Corrie tradition John's job and whether he pursues it for long will be one of our great slow-burning storylines."
    Sounds interesting. I wonder where this storyline will go if it's going to turn out to be a big one?

I mean I do feel bad for him, hes not crazy anymore

He has the potential to go off the rails big time again, going on past behaviour. It's probably a case of when, not if.

is he actually a registered sex offender? he kidnapped Rosie yes, but she did always say he didn't do anything to her. plus when they were at it she was about 17 anyway.

and i think the rules are slightly different for adult education, particularly if it is in a college and not attached to a school.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

I'm pretty sure that John Stape is not a registered sex offender. Rosie always made quite clear that there was nothing sexual about the kidnapping.

Thread Information