Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Mitchell (Ross Kemp)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    He has fallen off again - I think it is quite good to show an alcoholic fall off the wagon time and time again, makes it quite real
    I too have no objection to them showing his falling off the wagon as long as it's done so he can climb back on again.
    I think it is a good reminder to people.
    No doubt he will spend an inordinate amount of time in the pub drinking orange juice again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

Perdita (26-10-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    He has fallen off again - I think it is quite good to show an alcoholic fall off the wagon time and time again, makes it quite real
    I too have no objection to them showing his falling off the wagon as long as it's done so he can climb back on again.
    I think it is a good reminder to people.
    No doubt he will spend an inordinate amount of time in the pub drinking orange juice again.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I would like to see Grant back
    Yea me too, wonder if mrs wooden face would get excited? (Jane Beale!!!) at the thought of some rumpy pumpy, something surely can make her smile, and maybe he can take her back to Portugal with him.
    We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged
    Heinrich Heine

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I would like to see Grant back
    Yea me too, wonder if mrs wooden face would get excited? (Jane Beale!!!) at the thought of some rumpy pumpy, something surely can make her smile, and maybe he can take her back to Portugal with him.
    We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged
    Heinrich Heine

Taking time out from growing grapes, Ross Kemp has spoken for the first time about his rumoured EastEnders return.

The actor was talking at a personal appearance in Hull, and seemed to back up his Tweet last month that he would "never say never" to a Walford comeback.

Ross Kemp attends the VIP preview day of The Chelsea Flower Show
    © Getty Images / Eamonn M. McCormack
    Ross Kemp

"Everyone wants to know about EastEnders, and at the moment I don't know, so I can't really say anything, " Kemp noted (via The Mirror). "There has been rumours and I have never said that I wouldn't go back."

Rumours have been rife in recent weeks that Kemp could be tempted back to reprise his role as Grant Mitchell in a big new storyline.

Last week, Gillian Taylforth (Kathy Beale) and Harry Reid (Ben Mitchell) said they were keen for Grant to come back to the Square.

"I don't know [if he will] but to have him back would just be fantastic," Taylforth believed. "It would be lovely - there would be another Mitchell brother in the Square for me to choose from!"

Archive shot of Phil, Sharon and Grant in EastEnders
    © BBC
    Archive shot of Phil, Sharon and Grant in EastEnders

EastEnders boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins sparked rumours of a return for Grant last month, admitting that he felt there was "one person missing" in recent scenes between Phil, Kathy and Sharon.

Kemp's on-screen mum Barbara Windsor (Peggy) also hinted that she would join him if he ever returned.

digitalspy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (01-11-2015)

he will back according to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    he will back according to twitter
    Only for his mothers funeral, I guess though, can´t see him coming back for long term

Grants BACK! Ross Kemp to return to EastEnders later this year
    It's the news all EastEnders fans have been waiting for.
    Ross Kemp is returning to the BBC soap later this year to reprise his role as Grant Mitchell. His brief return will coincide with Barbara Windsor's final ever episodes as Peggy, after it was revealed last week that Peggy was dying of cancer.
    But it's not just Peggy that Grant will be seeing on his return. The stage is set for an explosive reunion with his ex-wife Sharon (Letitia Dean) currently married to his brother Phil (Steve McFadden) and Kathy (Gillian Taylforth), Phil's ex-wife who Grant slept with.
    "When I was approached about returning to EastEnders for Barbara's final episodes, it was something I could not turn down," Kemp explained.
    "Barbara is a very close friend so when I learned of the storyline, it felt right that the Mitchell brothers are reunited with their mother for the last time. I am really looking forward to going back to EastEnders and filming what are set to be some classic EastEnders episodes."
    Executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins added: "Grant Mitchell is an EastEnders legend and finally he is returning home to Walford to say goodbye to his mother and be reunited not just with his old loves but also his brother.
    "We are all so excited finally to have Ross back on the Square - and to have Ross Kemp, Barbara Windsor, Steve McFadden, Letitia Dean and Gillian Taylforth all on screen together at the same time as Peggy makes an exit like no other, this promises to be something very special."
    Kemp first appeared in EastEnders in 1990 and left in 1999, but has since made a couple of brief returns.
    Following Windsor's surprise return on Friday (January 15), EastEnders fans were calling for a full Mitchell reunion. Perhaps Danniella Westbrook (currently in the Celebrity Big Brother house) will be next?

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-01-2016), Glen1 (18-01-2016), lizann (18-01-2016), maidmarian (18-01-2016), parkerman (18-01-2016), Siobhan (19-01-2016)

Ross Kemp's comeback will coincide with Barbara Windsor's exit storyline which will see the East End matriarch Peggy Mitchell die of cancer later this year.

Speaking about his comeback, the actor, who has played the role of Grant since 1990, said: "When I was approached about returning to EastEnders for Barbara’s final episodes, it was something I could not turn down.

"Barbara is a very close friend so when I learned of the storyline, it felt right that the Mitchell brothers are reunited with their mother for the last time.

"I am really looking forward to going back to EastEnders and filming what are set to be some classic EastEnders episodes.”

The Mitchells will come together as Peggy succumbs to cancer.

It will be very interesting to see how Grant reacts to seeing Sharon (Letitia Dean) and Kathy (Gillian Taylforth) back on the Square.

Revealing that he is happy to have Ross back in the BBC One soap, executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins said: "Ross Kemp is top of every EastEnders fan's return wish list. And being an EastEnders fan myself, he has been at the top of mine.

"Grant Mitchell is an EastEnders legend and finally he is returning home to Walford to say goodbye to his mother and be reunited not just with his old loves but also his brother.

"To have the Mitchell brothers come face to face again, having to face losing their mother, is an opportunity to show Ross Kemp and Steve McFadden at their very best."

"We are all so excited finally to have Ross back on the Square - and to have Ross Kemp, Barbara Windsor, Steve McFadden, Letitia Dean and Gillian Taylforth all on screen together at the same time as Peggy makes an exit like no other, this promises to be something very special.”

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-01-2016)

Maidmarian must be very pleased at the news Grant's returning.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (18-01-2016)

Thread Information