Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis Archer (Nigel Havers)

i'm glad the door is open for a return for him
    Last edited by lizann; 22-01-2013 at 21:03.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-01-2013), Perdita (23-01-2013), tammyy2j (24-01-2013)

Coronation Street bosses will reportedly try to persuade Nigel Havers to return for a third stint after he leaves next month.

His plot with Gail will come to a head on February 1, at which point the conman will depart Weatherfield for a second time.

A source told The Mirror: "Nigel filmed his final scenes at the end of last month and viewers will see his exit next week - in dramatic fashion.

"Gail will discover the truth about what a liar he is, though Lewis aims to get the last laugh by leaving her a cruel message, to twist the knife yet further.

"But the plan is to leave the door open for a return in the future, as Nigel's character is extremely popular with the audience."

Havers joined the ITV soap in 2009 as Lewis, a love interest for Audrey Roberts, before the character left a year later.

When Lewis returned last year, he mended his ways and started a relationship with Audrey, but dumped her after she showed signs of distrust.

It is thought that producers had to rewrite Lewis's storyline as Havers committed to a five-week pantomime in December.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-01-2013), lizann (24-01-2013), Ruffed_lemur (24-01-2013), tammyy2j (25-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coronation Street bosses will reportedly try to persuade Nigel Havers to return for a third stint after he leaves next month.

His plot with Gail will come to a head on February 1, at which point the conman will depart Weatherfield for a second time.

A source told The Mirror: "Nigel filmed his final scenes at the end of last month and viewers will see his exit next week - in dramatic fashion.

"Gail will discover the truth about what a liar he is, though Lewis aims to get the last laugh by leaving her a cruel message, to twist the knife yet further.

"But the plan is to leave the door open for a return in the future, as Nigel's character is extremely popular with the audience."

Havers joined the ITV soap in 2009 as Lewis, a love interest for Audrey Roberts, before the character left a year later.

When Lewis returned last year, he mended his ways and started a relationship with Audrey, but dumped her after she showed signs of distrust.

It is thought that producers had to rewrite Lewis's storyline as Havers committed to a five-week pantomime in December.
    I hope he's back again.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-01-2013), lizann (24-01-2013), tammyy2j (25-01-2013)

He is charming for a con artist no wonder he is good at his job

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-01-2013), lizann (26-01-2013), Ruffed_lemur (25-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    He sure is!

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Nigel Havers used to star in a series called The Charmer (in the 80s, I think) in which I believe he also played a con artist. I was too young to watch but my Mum loved it. He's still as charming as ever

Last edited by Dazzle; 25-01-2013 at 16:15.

I like him more this time around maybe because he is conning gail

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-01-2013), tammyy2j (27-01-2013)

Coronation Street star Helen Worth has tipped Nigel Havers for a third stint on the soap as Lewis Archer.

The actress's character Gail McIntyre is left devastated later this week as Lewis's secret scheme against her is revealed, leading to his departure from Weatherfield.

However, speaking on ITV's Lorraine this morning (January 30), Worth explained that she is expecting a happy ending for Lewis and Audrey Roberts in the long-run.

Discussing the Gail and Lewis saga, Worth commented: "It was great to do. Great fun to work with Nigel. I feel for Gail - she just wants to be loved, [by] anybody!

"I'm sure he'll come back and go back to Audrey. Gail's just vulnerable."

Over the past few weeks, viewers have seen Lewis trick Gail into thinking that he is madly in love with her - wanting revenge after she destroyed his relationship with Audrey.

Lewis still has strong feelings for Audrey and is only pursuing Gail to steal her savings, but when Gail discovers this in Friday night's double bill (February 1), it may already be too late.

Speaking today, Worth also admitted that she can't see herself ever getting bored in the role of Gail, despite playing the character since 1974.

She explained: "I think that's the whole point, isn't it? With every new storyline is another job, really. It changes the character and it moves it on, and it's fun and exciting. You get to work with lovely people."

Worth named Tyrone Dobbs's new relationship with Fiz Stape as one of the programme's current highlights.

She said: "Aren't those two going to be wonderful together? The new Jack and Vera, really. Isn't that fabulous, that the Street just goes on?"

Coronation Street continues tonight (January 30) at 7.30pm on ITV.

Maybe Sarah Louise will fall for him next and he has a family trio

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-01-2013), lizann (31-01-2013), parkerman (31-01-2013)

Thread Information