Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis Archer (Nigel Havers)

LEWIS plots revenge after he uncovers a love trap, sprung by Gloria and Gail, to test the former conman's love for Audrey.
    Gloria cruelly says she is dying, to manipulate him into secret dates behind Audrey's back, before trying to seduce him. Genuinely concerned for her, Lewis speaks to Stella and together they confront Gloria, who admits he'd been set up.
    Then, as Lewis learns Audrey also knew about the plan and still let it happen, he furiously storms off.
    Nigel Havers, who plays Lewis, said; "He's hacked off and planning something very drastic."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-10-2012), Glen1 (29-10-2012)

Coronation Street star Helen Worth has hinted that Lewis Archer may seek revenge after being conned by her character Gail McIntyre.

Later this week, Lewis (Nigel Havers) discovers that Gail has resorted to desperate measures to test his loyalty to her mum Audrey (Sue Nicholls), recruiting Gloria Price to make romantic advances towards him.

Although Lewis passes the test by declining an offer to run away to Spain with Gloria (Sue Johnston), he is livid when he discovers that it was all part of a scheme to trap him.

Lewis humiliates Gloria for her part in the plan, and ends his relationship with Audrey as he fears that she doesn't trust him. However, he may wait longer to even the score with Gail.

Worth told itv.com: "Well, she was in cahoots with Gloria to set Lewis up, so when Lewis humiliates Gloria, it does cross Gail's mind that she could be next in the firing line.

"They do say revenge is a dish best served cold, so Lewis could be biding his time before setting Gail up for a fall. Lewis does tell Gloria that he has dealt with her, and will now turn his attentions to Gail."

Gail later tries to make amends with Lewis when she discovers that he has pawned his father's watch to help repay the money that he recently loaned from Audrey.

Worth continued: "When Gail returns Lewis's father's watch, she feels that they are equal and that she has made amends for her ever doubting him. Gail thinks that this gesture as well her apology should even the stakes between the pair, but has she grossly underestimated Lewis?"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Coronation Street star Helen Worth has hinted that Lewis Archer may seek revenge after being conned by her character Gail McIntyre.

Later this week, Lewis (Nigel Havers) discovers that Gail has resorted to desperate measures to test his loyalty to her mum Audrey (Sue Nicholls), recruiting Gloria Price to make romantic advances towards him.

Although Lewis passes the test by declining an offer to run away to Spain with Gloria (Sue Johnston), he is livid when he discovers that it was all part of a scheme to trap him.

Lewis humiliates Gloria for her part in the plan, and ends his relationship with Audrey as he fears that she doesn't trust him. However, he may wait longer to even the score with Gail.

Worth told itv.com: "Well, she was in cahoots with Gloria to set Lewis up, so when Lewis humiliates Gloria, it does cross Gail's mind that she could be next in the firing line.

"They do say revenge is a dish best served cold, so Lewis could be biding his time before setting Gail up for a fall. Lewis does tell Gloria that he has dealt with her, and will now turn his attentions to Gail."

Gail later tries to make amends with Lewis when she discovers that he has pawned his father's watch to help repay the money that he recently loaned from Audrey.

Worth continued: "When Gail returns Lewis's father's watch, she feels that they are equal and that she has made amends for her ever doubting him. Gail thinks that this gesture as well her apology should even the stakes between the pair, but has she grossly underestimated Lewis?"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Coronation Street star Nigel Havers has laid out his belief that Lewis Archer is a thoroughly bad person.

The Chariots of Fire actor told the Radio Times that the Weatherfield gigolo, who he has portrayed since 2009, is a "ghastly individual".

Fans are currently witnessing Lewis con Audrey's daughter Gail after she went out to destroy their relationship in the autumn.

"He hates her," Havers said simply. "She isn't the sort of woman he would go for normally. He has to spend a lot of time pretending he's taking things slowly so he doesn't have to get intimate with her.

"Also, Audrey is the love of his life so he is doing this for her too, even though she probably wouldn't appreciate it!

"He's out to ruin her in every way possible and to destroy her life the way he felt she destroyed his. He is a ghastly individual and rotten to the core."

The 63-year-old admitted that he had hoped writers would have given Lewis a longer-term romance with Audrey.

"It's great fun to play him although I had hoped, at one point, that he might have redeemed himself with Audrey," the star added. "But I guess a leopard never changes its spots. I've enjoyed playing him but I certainly don't like him!"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-01-2013), lizann (17-01-2013), Ruffed_lemur (15-01-2013), tammyy2j (17-01-2013)

i hope he lets audrey know she is the love of his life before he leaves and not gail

i'd hate for audrey to think he had real feelings for gail

i have to admit maybe it is the conning of gail storyline but i am loving lewis now
    Last edited by lizann; 19-01-2013 at 21:44.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i have to admit maybe it is the conning of gail storyline but i am loving lewis now
    And me! It's great fun to watch Nigel Havers being bad

Last edited by Dazzle; 19-01-2013 at 19:18.

With the Lewis and Gail storyline coming to a head at the end of next week (February 1), it's been confirmed that the plot leads to Lewis departing Weatherfield as his current stint on the cobbles comes to an end.

Fans will have to wait and see whether Gail loses everything thanks to Lewis, but the door remains open for Nigel Havers to reprise his role again in the future.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3...#ixzz2Ii7sKren

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (22-01-2013)

Maybe Gail isnt so daft and stupid and she is on to Lewis's con

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Maybe Gail isnt so daft and stupid and she is on to Lewis's con
    no way i want her conned

Thread Information