Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis Archer (Nigel Havers)

Lewis Archer (Nigel Havers)

Coronation Street newcomer Nigel Havers has warned that his character Lewis Archer has a dark side.

The veteran actor, best known for playing Lord Andrew Lindsay in 1981 movie Chariots Of Fire, signed up for his role in the ITV1 soap last October and was recently seen on screen for the first time.

Lewis has been introduced as a new love interest for long-standing Weatherfield resident Audrey Roberts (Sue Nicholls), who was bowled over by his charming ways when they met at a ball last month.

Discussing the part in an interview with This Is Nottingham, Havers revealed: "I couldn't resist the idea of doing Coronation Street. I loved the idea of being Audrey's new man. I'm a huge Corrie fan."

He added: "I started in Corrie a month ago and I'm there until July. I gather my character has a real dark side but I don't know what it is yet."

Havers is currently juggling his role on the programme with a part in Jack And The Beanstalk at Nottingham's Theatre Royal.

DS

Is he going to rip Audrey off? I thought he was too good to be true

Yeah he's a conman going to leave Audrey penniless.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Sounds like an exciting storyline. I'm loving Nigel Havers in Corrie - he's so smooth.

Sounds like an good storyline

This might be a good story line.
    Team Edward!

He was in Brothers and Sisters also as Nora's love interest i liked him in that

Cool Rita and Audrey in love triangle

CORRIE favourite Rita Sullivan will return to the cobbles - in a wrinkly love triangle.

Rita, played by show legend Barbara Knox, 76, will battle with Audrey Roberts for the attentions of posh ageing gigolo Lewis Archer.

Actress Barbara - who has played the shopkeeper for 38 years - took time out last year after a health scare.

But she returns in March for the scandalous storyline.

Fans will see her book the "personal services" of Lewis, played by blue-blooded Nigel Havers, 60.

But best pal Audrey Roberts - played by 66-year-old Sue Nicholls - has fallen for him.

Even after Audrey confides her feelings, Rita goes behind her back and books him for the Chamber of Commerce Easter ball.

But Audrey tries to book Lewis as well.

A source said: "He has to explain he's already booked. But Audrey still goes with a pal and is gobsmacked when she sees Lewis and Rita canoodling.

"They exchange insults - before Rita and Lewis storm out."

The Sun

He looks too young for them but hey let the battle commence

I am just pleased that Rita is back. Hope she has fully recovered from her illness.

Thread Information