Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Archer (Nigel Havers)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    She said: "Aren't those two going to be wonderful together? The new Jack and Vera, really. Isn't that fabulous, that the Street just goes on?"
    Some hopes! Corrie doesn't do long lasting relationships any more. I give 'em a year at the most....

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-01-2013), lizann (31-01-2013), Perdita (31-01-2013), tammyy2j (31-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    She said: "Aren't those two going to be wonderful together? The new Jack and Vera, really. Isn't that fabulous, that the Street just goes on?"
    Some hopes! Corrie doesn't do long lasting relationships any more. I give 'em a year at the most....

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    six months at most

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    six months at most

Former Coronation Street star Nigel Havers has revealed that he wants another stint on the soap.

The actor's character Lewis Archer had a memorable exit in February as he fled the country after conning Gail McIntyre out of a fortune.

Speaking on Daybreak this morning (May 25), Havers admitted that he would love Corrie bosses to find a way to bring back Lewis.

He explained: "Never say never. It would be tricky. I would be lynched, wouldn't I? I think I'd have to come back having won the lottery and pay everybody back!

"I'd love to go back, actually. It's just one of those great shows to be part of. I can't tell you how much fun it is."

Havers was one of the winners at the British Soap Awards last week as Lewis's departure was named 'Best Exit'.

Reflecting on the recognition, he commented: "The scriptwriters on that show are fantastic. To win an award is amazing, really. They don't often come along! I'm chuffed."

Havers also thanked Helen Worth and Sue Nicholls, who play Gail and Audrey.

He said: "[Lewis is] having a great time! He's got a few bob in the bank, mostly Gail's! I have to say, that I have to thank Sue and Helen for being so brilliant. They're a great bunch of actors. It's amazing how hard they work."

Havers is now busy writing a sitcom with comedian Julian Clary.

I hope they do find a way to bring back Lewis, he was one of my favourite characters. I would also love to see Audrey get a happy ending, but I do wonder if Lewis would be half as interesting to watch if he settled down long term.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (24-05-2013)

Coronation Street star Ben Price has revealed that he would like to see Nigel Havers back on the cobbles for another stint as Lewis Archer.

Lewis left Weatherfield with a bang in February, when he fled abroad after conning Gail McIntyre out of her savings.

Price, who plays Gail's son Nick Tilsley, told Digital Spy that he would be delighted if the show's writers found a way to bring Lewis back.

He commented: "It's obviously up to them to decide, but I do love working with Nigel and I think the character of Lewis is great. Coming up with a return storyline would be quite tricky, though, after everything that Lewis has done!

"Lewis would have to come back with a really good story, but I think there's always room for it. That's the beauty of Corrie, but it's whether they can find a way of bringing him back and how they'd do that. How would we ever trust him again?

"I think you can always pull him back and have a different type of story, but I don't think they could bring him back and have him rip the Platts off for a third time! Maybe he could rip Norris off - he's got a few bob!"

The actor added: "Maybe they could bring Lewis back in a more permanent way, or to finish off the story and show that Audrey really was the love of his life. He did genuinely love her, so that's always interesting to explore."

Havers recently admitted that he would "love" to be asked back to the ITV soap.

online talk he is returning

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    online talk he is returning
    Now confirmed

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coro...ska-returning/

Our guess was right about psychic linked to him.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (21-03-2018)

Thread Information