Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kim Thomson (Faye Lamb, 'Emmerdale')

I'll miss Faye, i've always liked her
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

She has been kinda lost since Ryan was freed but she isnt the worst character - I hope Ryan is staying

A shame she's leaving.

Faye proves herself as a force to be reckoned with as she negotiates with Nikhil in tonight's episode of Emmerdale (22 March 2011).

The feisty PA is still intent on bringing an unfair dismissal case against the Sharma brothers, even though she knows she's unlikely to be successful due to the circumstances surrounding her sacking.

Despite having the odds stacked against her, Faye smugly informs Nikhil that she's prepared to fight him and Jai to the end as they have more to lose than her either way.

However, when Nikhil offers Faye a £10,000 out-of-court settlement, she finally agrees to go quietly - paving the way for her departure from the village later this week.

DS

Kim Thomson has revealed that she is focusing on writing projects following her departure from Emmerdale.

The actress recently filmed her final scenes as Faye Lamb, who leaves the village in tomorrow night's double bill of the ITV1 soap.

Discussing her time with the Yorkshire-based drama, Thomson told This Morning today: "I'm going to miss it. But two years is quite a long time and I don't live there. I live in London and I spend a lot of time in LA, so that's tricky - you only get home one day a week. And I've got other things I want to do as well - I've got other projects.

"I've just written my first screenplay and I've got an option on a book - it's a thriller that I'm really excited about, called No Good Deed, and I've just got a final draft of it, so I'm excited. Now the hard part begins of getting it made!"

Thomson added that she is also considering further study after securing a first class degree in Politics, Philosophy and History last year.

She said: "I won't do it this year because I've got these writing projects and various things, but I'd like to do a masters."

The star also praised her most recent Emmerdale storyline, which has seen Faye embroiled in a catty feud with Charity Tate, played by Emma Atkins.

"It's been great. I had a year-and-a-half where it was the tragedy, the grief - everything was going on. But for the past six months, it's been bitchy sessions with Charity," she explained. "[It was] so much fun - she's so lovely, Emma, and we've enjoyed it to the max."

DS

Thread Information