Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kim Thomson (Faye Lamb, 'Emmerdale')

Kim Thomson (Faye Lamb, 'Emmerdale')

Emmerdale bigamist Mark Wylde is dramatically killed off during next week's episodes when his hefty artillery of lies and deceit come crashing down around him. Having recently rekindled his romance with his first (and actual) wife Faye - played by Kim Thomson - Mark plans to run away with her to start a new life together. Next week, however, the pair comprehend the destruction that their bombshell revelation would cause the rest of the family and decide to knock their disappearance on the head. It's too little, too late for the loved-up pair, though, as Mark's second wife Natasha rumbles their plans. When both the Wylde-Lambs discover the shocking truth about Mark's actions, one exacts the ultimate revenge and ends Mark's life for good. Here, we chat to Kim about Faye's involvement in the plot and whether her alter ego could kill her true love.

Does Faye still love Mark or is she just using him to make a point?
    "I think she does love him, which is even more tragic in the circumstances! I think she always has loved him. A lot of her motivation for being with him has been for her son Ryan and wanting him to be recognised in Mark's eyes, but because Faye thought he was dead for all those years, the love's been preserved. It's not like when people get divorced or separate - when someone dies, it's so final. In her mind, Faye was never really able to move on, so she still has that love there. When she saw him again, it reignited that love again. With that, though, came anger."

What are Mark and Faye's plans?
    "They've planned to run away, but they decided to wait until after Christmas so it didn't destroy the festive period for everyone. They can't actually go through with it at the last minute as they belated realise that it'll destroy too many people's lives - they make the right decision that they can't be together. It's heartbreaking for them both."

Was Faye planning on leaving Ryan behind?
    "I don't think they'd have gone that far - they weren't planning on going to another country or anything like that. She'd never leave her son behind, that's exactly what she wouldn't do. Faye even says that she can't disappear and do what was done to her by Mark. That was the point Faye realised that they had to tell everybody what she and Mark were planning. They just can't bring themselves to it, though."

It's too little, too late by that point, though, isn't it?
    "Would you believe it?! Natasha's been on Mark and Faye's trail for a while - like wives can be! - and she's been following up various clues. She's determined by this point that Mark and Faye are having an affair, but she just needs to catch them. Natasha ends up walking in on them!"

What happens during the big revelation?
    "It's incredibly emotional. There's anger, bitterness, fury, upset, and then there's what the children are feeling - especially Ryan and Maisie. It escalates throughout the episode and goes from bad to worse as Mark and Faye realise what a mess they've landed themselves in. Nobody's been telling the truth, so it's revelation after revelation - one after the other. It's atrocious."

Was it a relief to finally film the revelation scenes?
    "Yeah, it's finally out! In a way, though, they were such heavy, heightened and dramatic scenes that there wasn't much relief - it was incredibly demanding, but in a good way. And also, it ends up in such a mess because of all the repercussions, so we know we have more strife to follow!"

What happens after the revelation?
    "Everybody's devastated following the revelation and the way that Mark handled himself with everybody wasn't great... He squirms around trying to appease everyone but he's still not honest with everyone - and that's his downfall; he just chooses the easy route, which is actually the most difficult for him. Everybody's anger is turned on Mark - including Faye's - because Mark's not grasped what's happened. In that sense, it still looks like he's trying to look after himself - it certainly looks that way anyway. And then Mark's murdered - and there are five people with motives."

Where does the incident leave Faye and Ryan's relationship?
    "It's in a very bad place. She's betrayed his trust and I think it'll take quite a lot for Ryan to forgive her. Faye's determined to win her son around, though - that's her priority. It'll certainly take some work."

Do you think that Faye has the courage to have killed Mark?
    "Because of the affect that the revelation and Mark has had on her son, it'd drive anyone to the fury that would make it possible."

Would she kill Mark to exact her own revenge?
    "The two concepts are inseparable for her. For a mother, it's such a fierce loyalty, it'd be for both of them."

What's it like now that Maxwell's gone?
    "It's very strange. I've mostly been here working with him, so he's very much missed."

Kim Thomson on Faye's story, Mark and the future

The fabulous Kim Thomson shines even more than usual during next week's episodes of Emmerdale as her character Faye Lamb naturally takes centre stage alongside Mark in the big Wylde-Lamb reveal.

On discovering that numerous large withdrawals have been made on her joint account, Natasha quickly puts two and two together and exposes Mark's secret affair with Faye. Hearing about the situation, Nathan's disgusted by his father's actions but none more so than Maisie, who learns that she was just about to sleep with her secret half-brother Ryan.

What does the lady behind Faye think about the storyline? To read the main part of my interview with Kim, have a gander at this page just... here.

Otherwise, read on to find out what Kim had to say about Emmerdale's current state of play, the show's storytelling for her character, whether Faye will be able to overcome her love for Mark and what's on the horizon for Mrs Lamb in the coming months.

What do you think to the state of Emmerdale at the moment?
    "Gavin's done an amazing job, he really has. He came in just before I joined and the ratings are up, which is fantastic. It's his aim to make the show more powerful, more adult and more real, while maintaining the humour, which is a lovely part of the show. He's cast some terrific people, too. He's done - and doing - an amazing job."

What are your thoughts about the storytelling of your plot?
    "What's incredible about this storyline - and so right - is that everybody's complicit and are feeling the truth that the repercussions are enormous. Natasha's not told her children the truth despite knowing about Faye for ages, Faye hasn't told Ryan, Mark's not told his children. Everyone's colluded to prevent the youngsters from learning the truth and it rebounds so terribly."

What's been the most intriguing part of this storyline for you?
    "I think what was clever with the storyline from the outset was that they made Faye his wife - not a mistress. That was a really good way to write it, it wasn't the obvious. Even though everyone was tempted to see Faye as 'the other woman', she never really was. She always stood her ground."

Are you glad to be moving away from the bitterness between Natasha and Faye?
    "Yeah, we've done that now and explored every conceivable angle and I really enjoyed it. We're just ready to move on with the characters now, so I'm looking forward to what's coming up."

Gavin Blyth (series producer) is hoping for Faye to now become "part of the fabric of the show" - are you looking forward to exploring that? Have you heard how it might happen?
    "I hope it's something romantic!"

Do you think she'll be able to finally get over Mark?
    "Yeah, definitely. It's been so explosive and devastating, even Faye with her loyalty and love for him will move on."

Who would you like to see Faye hooking up with?
    "That I honestly don't know... She already has connections with various men in the village, doesn't she? Jai, Cain... I'm very excited about having storylines with other characters now, too."

How's your Politics, Philosophy and History degree going?
    "Oh, don't! I'm in my final year and I'm writing my dissertation as well, so I'll be very busy over the coming months! It's a great counterbalance to my job, but it's certainly graduation. I'm looking forward to my graduation. After four years, it'll be great."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Chris_2k11 (06-01-2010)

I think it will either be Ryan or Maisie that kills him , Ryan or Maisie because they find out there brother and sister (half) and with them being in love they are torn apart.

Yeah, but Faye could also lose her patience and Natasha will be more than hacked off about being betrayed yet again and hell hath no fury than a woman scorned

Cool Faye leaves the Dales

Emmerdale star Kim Thomson has confirmed that she is to leave the soap at the end of her current contract.

The actress will film her final scenes for the Yorkshire serial within the next couple of months after playing the role of Faye Lamb since early 2009.

Speaking of her decision to bow out, Thomson told Take It Easy: "I'm sad of course because I've loved working with everyone here, but I found it so hard being away from home. It's just too far from London.

"I've got friends I literally haven't seen for two years because I get home at weekends and there's only a 24-hour window to fit everyone in. That's been hard, but I've had an amazing time here and been so lucky with storylines - I'll be sad to go.

"I can't say anything about how I leave because the producers want to keep that under wraps for now. I'm sure, as with most Emmerdale exits, it will be dramatic."

Asked what she will miss most about Emmerdale, Thomson replied: "I think, as with everything, you miss the people. They're a lovely crowd, great crew and actors and it's been a pleasure working with them.

"It's also been great fun to do something where it's all a bit heightened and you get to go around slapping other women - and there was a lot of slapping. I've enjoyed being the slappee and the slapper!"

Faye's most memorable storyline saw her involved in a long-running love triangle with her bigamist husband Mark Wylde (Maxwell Caulfield) and his second wife Natasha (Amanda Donohoe).

More recently, she has been stirring up trouble for Charity Dingle's (Emma Atkins) marriage after growing increasingly frustrated by her close relationship with Jai Sharma (Chris Bisson).

I assume Ryan is staying around

Question

I must be losing it but I thought Charity and Cain didn't go through with the wedding so that last bit is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by southlundon View Post
    I must be losing it but I thought Charity and Cain didn't go through with the wedding so that last bit is wrong?
    Yes they didnt get married

Emmerdale star Kim Thomson has revealed details of a new storyline twist that will see her character Faye Lamb sleep with Cain Dingle.

The actress's feisty alter ego has recently been stirring up trouble for Cain's relationship - keen for revenge against his partner Charity due to her recent behaviour at the Sharma & Sharma sweet factory.

Speaking to Take It Easy, Thomson confirmed that fans can expect things to go a step further next month when Cain and Faye end up in each other's arms.

Thomson explained: "She sleeps with him. There's always been a bit of a spark between them. But it's more of a mutually convenient thing than anything else - it suits them both to rekindle it.

"Cain's furious with Charity and Faye's gunning for her too after she tried to elbow her out of the factory."

She continued: "Cain is convinced Charity slept with Jai so he wants revenge - and the best way to do it is to sleep with Faye. He doesn't yet realise Charity couldn't go through with it because she loves him so much. He'll be devastated when he finds out."

Thomson has also disclosed that she will be leaving Emmerdale at the end of her current contract.

DS

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (31-01-2011)

I feel a case of Deja Vu

I always thought she might get with Declan at some stage

Thread Information