Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracy Barlow

Coronation Street's Tracy Barlow is in for a very eventful festive fortnight when her lies over Rob Donovan catch up with her.

Recent episodes have seen Tracy visit Rob in prison, where she has fallen for a devious scheme he has concocted in order to ruin her happiness with current boyfriend Robert Preston.

As Tracy continues to visit Rob and even starts to plan a future with him, she will be forced to reconsider her options when she stumbles across an engagement ring in Robert's pocket.

Realising that Robert is going to propose, Tracy is then given food for thought when she realises just how much of a positive impact he is having on both her and her daughter Amy.

However, after opting for a safer future with Robert, Tracy is left horrified when he gets down on one knee in the Rovers and demands to know why she has told Rob that she is planning to spend the rest of her life with him.

Viewers will see Rob inform Robert of Tracy's betrayal in the days leading up to Christmas, but will she be able to explain herself? Or have her lies left her out in the cold once again?

Kate Ford, who plays Tracy, said: "I don't think she ever gets to the point where she's 100% [over who to choose], but on Christmas Day she overhears a conversation between Amy and Robert, where Amy's saying, 'My mum's a nicer person when she's with you, I really wish you could be my second dad'.

"Tracy thinks she'd be a fool not to accept his proposal but I think still at the back of her mind there's Rob. When people say you can love two different people at the same, I think Tracy's got that going on - she loves them both for different reasons."

Speaking about who she thinks Tracy would prefer to be with, Ford said: "She never openly makes up her mind, but if she's honest with herself I think she'd prefer to be with Rob.

"There was something special with Rob that she's not had with anyone else. She felt it about Steve but part of that was because she couldn't have him, it became a bit of an obsession, whereas with Rob it was the real thing, he was the love of her life.

"I think Robert's just not got that bad boy thing going on but apparently that's going to change so we'll see."

With her future with Robert looking bleak, Tracy will then turn her attentions back to Rob, but how will she feel if he comes clean about his scheming?

Ford said: "She'd be gutted. Rob has the potential to not only break her heart but to ruin her chances of happiness with Robert as well.

"If she lost Robert and gained Rob as a result, I think she could deal with that, but if she ends up losing both of them then it will be horrific for her. Rob has the potential to ruin her life, which has actually been going quite well."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-12-2015), Glen1 (17-12-2015)

Tracy deserves all she gets . She deserves to end up with no-one. I have yet to understand why men fall at her feet and why Robert threw up his life in London to come and live in a back street with her , in her father's house. . Why DO they live with Ken anyway ? Time they got their own place.
    Last edited by LouiseP; 17-12-2015 at 15:00.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LouiseP For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-12-2015), Glen1 (18-12-2015), lizann (17-12-2015), parkerman (17-12-2015), Perdita (17-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseP View Post
    Tracy deserves all she gets . She deserves to end up with no-one. I have yet to understand why men fall at her feet and why Robert threw up his life in London to come and live in a back street with her , in her father's house. . Why DO they live with Ken anyway ? Time they got their own place.
    Neither have money .. Rob gave all his money to his wife, not sure how much he gets paid working in the Bistro...
    Tracy´s business not going well ... surprise surprise .. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Neither have money .. Rob gave all his money to his wife, not sure how much he gets paid working in the Bistro...
    Tracy´s business not going well … surprise surprise .. lol

I know but they can afford to rent a small flat between them, surely . They are both 40-ish and Robert probably older . They both earn a wage. Tracy pays Todd a wage , after all. !!
    Last edited by LouiseP; 17-12-2015 at 17:11.

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseP View Post
    I know but they can afford to rent a small flat between them, surely . They are both 40-ish and Robert probably older . They both earn a wage. Tracy pays Todd a wage , after all. !!
    I agree it's ludicrous they're all squeezed into Ken's tiny house. Robert certainly earns a reasonable wage, so between them they should be able to afford something decent.

(The same could also be said of Jason and Sean still living with Eileen.)
    Last edited by Dazzle; 17-12-2015 at 17:21.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (18-12-2015), maidmarian (17-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I agree it's ludicrous they're all squeezed into Ken's tiny house. Robert certainly earns a reasonable wage, so between them they should be able to afford something decent.

(The same could also be said of Jason and Sean still living with Eileen.)
    But are there any vacant flats on/ very near
    the Street. They might become disorientated!
    if they had to move!:

In a lot of villages where families have lived
    for generations -most of the younger people
    have to move away because they can't
    afford the prices that "commuters" will
    pay. Thats in real life!

Yet in a large city like Manc - dont seem
    able to move to nearby street / suburb!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-12-2015), Glen1 (18-12-2015)

The difference is that Sean rents a room in the house and basically lives his own life, to a lesser extent Jason does too. Both pay rent and utilities as far as I know. Tracey, Robert and Amy are a family in their own right. They may or may not pay utilities but it seems clear that they pay no rent. Actually even Tracey and Amy are a family so even without Robert, my argument stands!

Quote Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
    But are there any vacant flats on/ very near
    the Street. They might become disorientated!
    if they had to move!:
    Perish the thought they should move away from Coronation Street! The very idea!

Quote Originally Posted by chartreuse View Post
    The difference is that Sean rents a room in the house and basically lives his own life, to a lesser extent Jason does too. Both pay rent and utilities as far as I know. Tracey, Robert and Amy are a family in their own right. They may or may not pay utilities but it seems clear that they pay no rent. Actually even Tracey and Amy are a family so even without Robert, my argument stands!
    I see your point, but Jason owns his own business and Sean has two jobs and often has his boyfriend over to stay. It's not realistic they wouldn't want their own space at their age. I can just about buy mummy's boy Jason still living at home but definitely not Sean!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (18-12-2015), maidmarian (17-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Perish the thought they should move away from Coronation Street! The very idea!

I see your point, but Jason owns his own business and Sean has two jobs and often has his boyfriend over to stay. It's not realistic they wouldn't want their own space at their age. I can just about buy mummy's boy Jason still living at home but definitely not Sean!
    To be honest, I think Sean would not like to live on his own and he is also needed to support Eileen at times ... maybe Eileen also needs the rent from them?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-12-2015), Glen1 (18-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by chartreuse View Post

Surely they pay rent .Ken can't be keeping them all on his pension. Food, utilities, rent ?That can't be right.

Thread Information