Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nadine Coyle

Nadine Coyle

CAST your minds back a year when GIRLS ALOUD decided to take a break.
    The five members announced they would be taking 12 months off to do their own thing.

We all know what CHERYL COLE did - nothing short of achieving world domination thanks to The X Factor.

What has gone unnoticed is NADINE COYLE's failed bid for solo stardom.

I've discovered that the Northern Irish lass - considered to have the best voice in the band - has failed to land a record deal.

Nadine was even turned down by Girl's Aloud's OWN record company, Polydor, and other labels in the same Universal business group.

Polydor had the first rights to sign any of the five ladies if they wanted to go solo.

A source said: "Nadine had meetings but none of the Universal labels wanted to take her on. She's tried to get a deal elsewhere but with no luck."

Cheryl was signed by Fascination Records, part of the Universal group, and scored a No1 album with 3 Words.

SARAH HARDING didn't pursue the solo pop career.

Instead she plumped for acting and appeared in Fallen and St Trinian's 2.

But Universal went on to release the soundtrack for the schoolgirl movie caper which featured three songs by Sarah - Too Bad, Make It Easy and Boys Keep Swinging.

NICOLA ROBERTS and KIMBERLEY WALSH did not try for solo careers.

Nicola spent the year falling in and out of the Mayfair Hotel in London, though she did find time to launch her own Dainty Doll make-up range.

Kimberley, meanwhile, made some moves towards a TV career with appearances on The X Factor and launched a clothing range with New Look.

I can't help feeling sorry for Nadine and would have thought she was worth a gamble. She has a fantastic voice and looks amazing.

The good news is she has managed to sign a publishing deal with EMI - for her songwriting.

As I recently reported, she's been penning tunes with GUY CHAMBERS, who co-wrote some of ROBBIE WILLIAMS' biggest hits.

But after a year of trying it seems increasingly unlikely anyone will now take her on as a solo chart star.

SHe really did have the best voice. Its weird no ones given her a chance.

none of her stuff has been released yet! apparantly todays sun has said the same as you brian there is a message on her site and this is how it reads

The article claims that all Universal labels have snubbed Nadine, refusing to sign her up for a solo career and instead favouring Cheryl Cole.

As ever this is the press making up a story and passing it off as a fact. The journalist (can we actually even call them that?) also claims that Nicola launched her Dainty Doll make up range in 2009 even though it was actually available the previous year.

Please ignore the pathetic story, it's clearly another slow news day. I'm surprised they aren't splitting up for the 17,000th time to be honest!

Nadine has been recording solo tracks for quite some time having worked with huge names such as Guy Chambers. She is signed to EMI Publishing, Monster Management and Thomas Martin's PR group.

On BBC Radio Two's 'Great British Songbook of the 00s', which Coyle presented yesterday alongside Alan Carr, the Irish starlet confirmed she plans to release material this year.

Posted on 02 Jan

http://www.nadinecoyle.net/
    Last edited by sindydoll; 02-01-2010 at 17:04.
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

The thing is though its not always about the best voice, its about the personality and the music you make

If the music industry was full of all the best singers who can sing the massive notes and belt out a massive note in a ballad the music industry would be a very dull place indeed

I am surprised that Nadine has not been offered a solo career. When we think back to the popband reality show that made Girls Aloud she was the clear fabourite with the judges and did have the best singing voice out of the five girls.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Nadine Coyle has denied rumours that she has failed to secure a record deal.

Yesterday, reports claimed that the Girls Aloud star had been turned down by several record labels and had decided to focus on songwriting instead.

However, Coyle's manager Bruce Garfield dismissed the speculation, adding that it was based on "unresearched and misleading information".

He said: "The truth is Nadine was pursued by labels from every major label group and was also given the choice of signing with any Universal label, all of whom wanted her.

"Selection of a label was a very complex process and an important choice for Nadine to make. That selection has been made and the deal done. That announcement will be forthcoming shortly. Plans for the release, a TV special, live shows and much more is already in the works."

Guy Chambers, who is working with Coyle, has reportedly been impressed by her vocal ability.

From DS

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    SHe really did have the best voice. Its weird no ones given her a chance.
    I think the same thing instead the industry has gone crazy over Cheryl When her voice isn't that strong.

Cheryl cant sing at all, not really. Nadine and Nicola have always been the best singers in the group.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Nadine has been working with Guy Chambers on her debut album its suppose to be out in Spring 2010 i hope she does well

She is the best singer of the group

nadine has a new single coming out in march
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Thread Information