Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gail (Helen Worth)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    No but Joe takes out an insrance policy in his own name with Gail as the beneficiary
    I didn't think insurers paid out so quickly on a new insurance. Or am I wrong? Could be that Joe doesn't check the details though, as he doesn't seem that clever!

Depends on the terms of the policy, some might do

Joe also did not want to die, he wanted to disappear for a while but got into trouble and did not make it back.

Poor Gail but Joe is so desperate to get his hands on money that he ends up killing himself in the process!

HERE'S Coronation Street misery magnet Gail McIntyre burying ANOTHER husband.

Gail - whose four weddings have ended in three funerals and a divorce - lays Joe to rest after an insurance scam goes wrong.

Friends and family rally around yet again as the widow (Helen Worth) follows Joe's hearse in scenes to air in six weeks.

The Sun

Looks like she can attend the funeral afterall
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-02-2010), PILKY (27-01-2010)

i feel sorry got her

Helen Worth (Gail McIntyre, Corrie) DS Interview

Coronation Street newlywed Gail McIntyre - played by 59-year-old Helen Worth - faces an impossible decision next week when her husband Joe (Reece Dinsdale) asks for her help in faking his death. Up to his eyes in debt, Joe suggests that their problems would be washed away if they orchestrated a boating accident in which he disappears for seven years, allowing Gail to claim on his life insurance. However, on hearing the details of Joe's fraud plot, Gail's less than impressed and a row between the pair ensues. Joe's decision to head out into the water alone at night takes a fatal turn, though, when he's knocked overboard and drowns, leaving a fraught Gail wondering if he's gone through with his plan or not. We recently gave Helen a call to find out more.

How does Gail react when Joe confesses all about his debts?
    "She's taken aback at the start but she decides to help him out of it because that's what marriage is all about. Joe's her man and she'll do anything for him. Just as she protects David from everybody and everything, she'll do the same for Joe. She fights for the men in her life - and it's lovely for them!"

Quite a few viewers would like to see Gail happy - can you ever see that happening?
    "Really? I think viewers like to see drama and it's almost expected with Gail now - here comes the next man! I have to say, though, I can't see that there can be any more men in her life. You can only have so many husbands in your life!"

Do you still have all of her wedding rings?
    "I think they might be mounting up in my make-up box!"

Why do Joe and Gail head back to the Lakes? How does that plan come about?
    "Gail and Joe have been there for the honeymoon and they have a wonderful time - it's such a beautiful place. When they return, Joe concocts his dastardly plot to fake his own death on the boat and takes Gail along with him again. He hopes - and this is where Joe's a little unhinged - that Gail will go along with it. There's no way that Gail would ever go along with it, though, however much she loves him. She's completely moral. Things just keep going wrong for her."

Does Gail have a moral line that she won't cross, even for the men in her life?
    "Kind of. In a way, Gail actually crosses the line when she starts covering for Joe's disappearance. It's only because she's trying to convince herself that he'll come back, though. Gail fervently believes that Joe will come to his senses and return to the Street. It's only when she hears that he's not retuning - and he's actually dead - that she has to face reality. She's actually living in a dream world over these few weeks to be honest! As a human being, if you don't hang on to that, what have you got? If you believe that your husband's gone off and committed a silly crime like faking his own death. It's terrible really. Joe's expecting her to stay behind and lie to insurance companies, her family, his family and all their friends and say that he's dead, when she - in her head - absolutely believes that he's not dead. He's expecting a huge amount from Gail and I think that's where Joe's crossed the line with her. She wouldn't have gone if she'd known."

What's going through Gail's head when Joe tells her about his plot to fake his own death?
    "There were a few moments in the script when I thought that Gail might go along with his plan, so I played it that way. In the end, though, there had to be a definite turnaround where she resolves that she won't go along with it."

What happens on the day that Joe puts his plan into action?
    "There's a horrendous row between Joe and Gail and Gail tries to stop him from leaving. In the end, Joe goes off and leaves her on the jetty, never to be seen again."

After the incident, it's the first time we've seen Gail and David working together as a united front...
    "Yes, that's a very interesting one - David helping his mum... Nick's used to being the favourite child and suddenly it's David who's by his mother's side through all this. It's David that knows that their lie about Joe's whereabouts is wrong. David actually tries to stop her but Gail won't give up on the fact that Joe's a good man and they love each other - she's just living in a dream world, hoping all will be well. She must know deep down, though, that he's not coming back. I think David's just pleased that his mother needs him. It's that acceptance after all these years. It's a delight to play scenes with Jack [P Shepherd] because he's just wonderful. I love working with him."

Where does it all go from here for Gail?
    "Downhill! I don't know everything yet, but it's becoming pretty clear where it's going. There's a lot more to come! There are so many interesting twists and turns and the way it's all revealed is great."

Doesn't Nick start interfering?
    "Nick's a problem at the moment because Gail's covering for Joe's disappearance and Nick's trying to find out what happened. Nick knows that something's wrong and she's keeping it from him so he thinks that he's not her blue-eyed boy at the minute. I'm sure somethings will be resolved, though."

Are you looking forward to the 50th anniversary?
    "The whole aftermath of my storyline is a big part of the anniversary. The one thing I can't believe is the amount of storylines I get. I keep thinking I'm going to be put out to grass and then they get Gail going again! It's all storylines for my screen family, though - they're a strong bunch."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-02-2010), PILKY (02-02-2010)

i'm looking forword to it
    Last edited by PILKY; 02-02-2010 at 06:42.

I am too. It'll be interesting to see David helping his mum and playing the good guy for a change.

Gail trail and all thing related to this...

FURIOUS Tina McIntyre storms away from her stepmum Gail, who has been cleared of murdering her dad Joe in Corrie.

Tina (Michelle Keegan), who believes Gail is guilty, is helped away by boyfriend Jason (Ryan Thomas) as reporters quiz Gail.

But fans of Gail (Helen Worth) should not celebrate just yet.

The ITV1 soap has filmed two endings and in the other one Gail is jailed for life.

The answer will be revealed in June.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0lViGIRVT

Thread Information