Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gail (Helen Worth)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I don't remember what I posted yesterday, let alone when I was on holiday in Spain
    And I thought I was the only sad person who posted on SB while on hols. So you were in Spain that probably explains how I actually managed to post some spoilers before you
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Yes, that could explain it

Helen Worth (Gail Platt, Corrie)

CHelen Worth (Gail Platt, Corrie)oronation Street's unlucky-in-love medical receptionist Gail Platt - played by Helen Worth - ties the knot for the fourth time during next week's episodes, completely unaware that her husband owes thousands to a loan shark. Gail's first husband Brian Tilsley was stabbed to death, her second Martin Platt ran off with another woman, while her third Richard Hillman was exposed as a serial killer before attempting to kill Gail and her children. Husband 4.0 Joe McIntyre (Reece Dinsdale) looked a promising prospect from the outset, but his financial problems resulted in a bad back, a painkiller addiction and further monetary problems. In the run-up to her character's latest big day, we chat to Helen about her character's luck with men and how Gail's feeling to finally be marrying the love of her life.

How's Gail coping in the run up to the wedding?
    "She's absolutely over the moon, as you can imagine! Her gorgeous engagement ring, which I'm looking at now... I don't know if you saw it on screen but you can only just see the little diamond and even though it's like a pin prick, it's her greatest treasure in the world."

Why's Gail prepared to put her life on the line for Joe's debts?
    "Gail's extremely happy with him and he's a good man - she thinks that he's going to look after her. They're deliriously happy together. She completely loves him. It's as simple as that."

Does she love Joe more than her ex-husbands?
    "Is he my favourite?! Everyone at the time was Gail's favourite! She thought they were all going to be wonderful husbands, but look what happened! Unfortunately for Gail, she never learns. "

Do you think she's cursed?
    "She's doing very well with a fourth husband, actually! Gail doesn't see it as bad luck - she just sees it as her life. She's met a man who she thinks will fulfil all her dreams and these men keep appearing! I really think she's very fortunate."

How does Joe compare to Gail's other husbands?
    "On paper, Joe looks quite normal! He's like any other normal man with problems and they're getting on top of him. Gail will share those problems. Like she says, when Gail marries him, Joe's problems become her problems and that's the way it should be. That sums their relationship up, really. She'll do anything for him because Gail can't let her dream go. To realise that he's the wrong man would spell the end of her dream, so she's not going to do it."

How pleased are you that Nick's returned to the Street?
    "I'm absolutely thrilled! Ben Price is gorgeous, lovely and funny. He'll be a great asset to the Platt household. As for Gail, her dearly beloved son's returned - the favourite, her first born. Ben came into this huge Platt history lesson. It was very funny! I was saying 'yes, and you married her' and he was saying 'who?' I'd forgotten most of it, though!"

Does Gail still have all of her previous wedding rings?
    "I think they're mounting up in my makeup box at work!"

Do you think she'll ever be happy in love?
    "I hope not because it makes for a much better story if she's not!"

Things take a turn for the worst, though…
    "No, it doesn't quite work out as she'd planned a few weeks down the line..."

From DS

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-01-2010)

Gail mcintyre banned from funeral

GRIEVING Gail McIntyre is banned from her husband’s funeral by his daughter.

Fans will see Joe, who married Gail on Corrie last week, get killed while out sailing on Lake Windermere after a plan to fake his own death backfires.

Cops suspect Gail (Helen Worth, 59) may have bumped him off.

And Tina (Michelle Keegan, 22) tells her: “I think you’re lying about how my dad died.

“I think you’re playing games with the police and with me, so I don’t want you at his funeral. You stay away.”

Daily Star

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

PILKY (12-01-2010)

did gail have anything to do with his death?

Quote Originally Posted by PILKY View Post
    did gail have anything to do with his death?
    No but Joe takes out an insrance policy in his own name with Gail as the beneficiary

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    No but Joe takes out an insrance policy in his own name with Gail as the beneficiary
    oh right thanks

I don't usually feel sorry for Gail, but admit that I do over this storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I don't usually feel sorry for Gail, but admit that I do over this storyline.
    Same, she doesnt seem to have much luck
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-01-2010)

I do as well

Poor Gail especially when Joe wasnt that bad for her

Thread Information