Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gail (Helen Worth)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gail (Helen Worth)

CORONATION Street bosses are planning a spell behind bars for dowdy mum Gail Platt.

She is set to receive a tough 28-day jail sentence later in the year for failing to send wayward son David to school. It is believed the gripping plotline was discussed by show executives early in the year ??" and they have now decided to go ahead with the prison shocker.

A Corrie insider said: "The idea of poor Gail languishing in a jail cell would make great viewing. The repercussions on screen and off screen are just countless."

Viewers will soon see Gail (Helen Worth) struggling to keep troubled son David (Jack P Shepherd) at school.

The lad - in hot water at the moment for terrorising his mum by sending her cards he pretended were from her dead murderer husband Richard Hillman - claims he is being bullied by boys in the final year at his school, Weatherfield Comprehensive.

Gail agrees with the headmaster that he should be tutored at home until the start of the new term in September.

Ex-teacher Ken Barlow (Bill Roache) steps in to help ??" but David is still playing truant when the new school year starts.

The insider added: "As it stands, it is planned that Gail receives a letter saying she will be taken to court if David does not return to Weatherfield Comp.

"He doesn't, Gail goes to court and is told she is going down for 28 days!"

The last time Weatherfield saw one of its favourite residents behind bars was in 1998.

Innocent Deirdre Rachid (now Barlow) was left devastated at being convicted of credit card fraud. Deirdre (Anne Kirkbride) had been conned by her lover, fake pilot Jon Lindsay (Owen Aaronovitch) and a court refused to believe her story.

Her being sent to jail sparked outrage and a national campaign to Free the Weatherfield One began. Even Prime Minister Tony Blair made a tongue-in-cheek call for the Home Secretary to intervene to get her released.

After 18 days inside, Deirdre was finally freed when Lindsay's web of lies began to unravel and his bigamous wife turned up on Ken Barlow's doorstep.

Source: The Mirror
    Last edited by kerry4nigel; 01-06-2006 at 12:54.

thats actualy a really good story because it des happen. I personally think its realy harsh on the parents as its the kids fault. The thought of Gail behind bars is quite an entertaining thought.

Wow I think that has potential to be a great storyline. No-one would ever expect her to be sent to prison.

But David , how many more ways can he think of to make his mum suffer?

sounds like a great story line and hopefully this will bring gail to her senses regarding david

Sounds like a good storyline and more trouble ahead for the Platts.....

Hopefully after her spell behind bars, Gail will see sense and do something about David.

She really is unfortunate though. I think Daid will finish her off.

Gail and Joe's Corrie affair rumbled

David (Jack P Shepherd) and Tina (Michelle Keegan) are stunned when they walk in on their respective mother and father - Gail (Helen Worth) and Joe (Reece Dinsdale) - in a passionate embrace on the sofa.

The pair kept their intimate liaisons a secret for fear that it would push David over the edge again. Will he be happy for the pair? Or will Tina vent enough anger for her and David together?

I must quickly mention the week of episodes (November 10 - 14) which feature these scenes. Aside from Liam's murder week, they're some of the best Corrie episodes I've seen in months. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much at five consecutive episodes. Obviously a soap can't be on top form every single week, but I've noticed a distinct improvement in the show's quality across the board. The answer? Kim Crowther, of course.

Craig Gazey portrays David's ex-cell mate Graeme Proctor to perfection. He's probably not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but he's a very promising character. I do worry he's a little too much like Kirk (Andy Whyment), though. From what I've heard, he's even meant to be going for a job at the butchers with Ashley (Steven Arnold).

I don't want to jinx the improvement, but I think Corrie may have turned the same corner as EastEnders did last year.

From DS

Secret lovers Gail Platt and Joe McIntyre are *finally caught out by their kids – after enjoying a steamy romp on the sofa.

The couple kept their *relationship secret from David and Tina, fearing they’d react badly.

So they have been doing their best to hide what they’ve been up to.

But they are caught on the hop when the pair arrive home early with David’s jailbird pal Graeme Proctor.

Shocked by what they walk into, Joe’s fiery daughter Tina storms out in *disgust.

But surprisingly, Gail’s son David doesn’t seem bothered by his mum’s new love *interest – just as long as she promises they won’t snog in front of him.

A Street insider said: “Gail and Joe have been sneaking around for months so it was only a matter of time before they got caught.

“It’s just a shame it happens the way it does because Tina is absolutely *mortified.

“She’s always been a daddy’s girl and doesn’t like the fact he kept his romance a secret from her. She feels she can’t trust him any more.

“David comes round to the idea a lot quicker than her.

“But you can never be sure that what he says is what he means so there may well be a few twists and turns over the next few weeks.”

The dramatic scenes when David and Tina catch their parents romping will be screened on ITV1 a week on Wednesday (November 12).

Gail

IT will be fourth time unlucky for Gail Platt as another husband bites the dust.

She and Joe McIntyre marry later this month but he dies in a boating accident at the beginning of next year.

Gail (Helen Worth, 58) saw first love Brian Tilsley stabbed to death, Martin Platt run off after an affair and Richard Hillman drown when he tried to murder her entire family by trapping them in a car and plunging it into a canal.

A show insider said: “This time she really thinks this is it. But Corrie bosses are determined to make her suffer.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/vie...-is-sunk-again

Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information