Thread: The Greatest Musical Act Of The 00s is....

The Greatest Musical Act Of The 00s is....

PINK!

Thank you all for your votes over the past couple of weeks, our search for the greatest musicl act of the 00s has come to an end. We started with 100 and we finally got down to our winner!

I think we have a very worthy winner with Pink! Feel free to discuss Pink, and her music in this thread, and post videos of your favourite Pink songs!!!

I wonder what artists will define the next decade! Exciting times ahead!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post:

lizann (01-01-2010)

I thought I'd post my blog entry that I did on her recently on my music blog : http://poptart88.blog.com

"The first artist to receive the special PopTart treatment is Alecia Beth Moore, better known by musicgoers as Pink.

I must admit I’ve always known Pink, and liked some of her songs but I’d have never called myself a fan. I was too tied up in the sugacoated candypop, to give too much attention to someone like Pink who was a far more gritty artist. It was only really when her 5th albumn ‘Funhouse’ came out that I stood up and took attention. I saw a live performance of her singing ‘Sober’ where she is highered into the air and does acrobatics, whilst singing, I was blown away!

I soon fell in love with the albumn, it was one of the best of 08/09, but still Pink mania hadn’t set it. Call it word of mouth, or some powerful propoganda by Kim Kardashian but suddenly I jumped onto the Pink bandwagon. When I went to see Beyonce there were posters everywhere of Pink’s upcoming Fun House Tour gig at the O2. I heard many people say they wish they could go, how they heard she put on an amazing show, and how she was probably the only artist that could rival Beyonce in the amazing stakes. This triggered something off inside, where I stopped to think - she is actually amazing.

Added to that I watched the 4 music ‘Worlds Greatest Popstar’ episode where Kim Kardashian advocated Pink and her work, and after that hour I was in love. I watched her Funhouse tour a day latter on 4 music, and a few days later brought her first 4 albumns from HMV. It was interesting to see that her first albumn ‘Can’t Take Me Home’ wasn’t the Pink we know now, it was a Rnb infused albumn, with songs that you could imagine J-Lo & co singing, but even then there were great songs on there, my favourites being ‘Most Girls’ and ‘There You Go’ and in spawned 3 top 10 hits in the UK.

But it’s with her second albumn “M!ssundaztood” where the Pink we all know and love was born. Hits “Get This Party Started” “Just Like A Pill” and “Family Portrait” show a gritty artist who isn’t no longer just popstar, she throws punk rock into the mix to create an edgy and anarchistic music legend. Her blunt lyrics and her gravelling voice showed the world that she aint no Britney Spears.

Her next two albumns “Try This” and “I’m Not Dead” produced some amazing hit songs like “Trouble”, “Leave Me alone I’m Lonely” and “Stupid Girls”. I’m still working my way through the albumns to discover the gems that were never released. She has a strong body of work, and in the future we will be able to look back and realise what an amazing talent she really is.

For me though ‘Funhouse’ is where all her hard labour pulls off, her fifth albumn to be released, it is brilliant, and the six songs that have been released are all amazing, it is hard to choose a favourite but “Sober” probably has the edge and it’s one of my favourite songs of 2009. For anyone who is a fan of decent music, please go and buy this albumn and discover for your selves how amazing Aleca Beth Moore is!

I am now a diehard Pink fan, I am the media’s wetdream - give me a shameful bit of plugging and I’m there. I am now saving hard to get tickets to see Pink at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry over the summer when she returns to the UK for her ‘Funhouse Summer Carnival Tour’. I can’t wait!"
    Last edited by Bryan; 01-01-2010 at 10:52.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post:

lizann (01-01-2010)

Phew. For a sec there I thought Take That were going to win.

I can live with Pink, although Beyone and BEP have been more influential IMO

Great news, so far this new year is going the way I like

I liked all Pink's albums and her concerts are amazing live - i'm glad she won she is a great entertainer

Good winner Best songs have to be Who Knew, Just Like A Pill, Don't Let Me Get Me, Trouble and Sober
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Best person won... Pink deserves this title as she has been good for all of the 00..
    Super Mod

Thread Information