Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter 2010

Easter 2010

SUPERMARKETS have begun filling shelves with chocolate eggs - more than three months before Easter.

Tesco and Somerfield were yesterday accused of pressuring skint parents into spending more cash just days after splashing out for Christmas.

Customers furious at seeing egg promotions so far ahead of Easter Sunday on April 4 have launched a series of online attacks. One raged: "We celebrated Jesus being born on December 25 and just days later we're being sold chocolate to celebrate Easter."

Another fumed: "If people have Easter eggs pushed into their face then they will believe they need them and will buy, buy, buy.

"I'm sure no one is naive enough to believe that the supermarkets 'simply sell people what they want'."

A Tesco spokesman said last night: "A small selection of Easter eggs are on sale in response to customer demand."

Religious leaders also attacked the move.

Bishop Jonathan Blake, who presided over Big Brother star Jade Goody's wedding just weeks before she died, said: "It always seems strange when the public finds Easter being merchandised so soon after Christmas has passed.

"Perhaps it's felt that given we're in a recession, putting the eggs on offer earlier gives parents a chance to plan ahead and maybe buy an egg early and put it aside.

"But I still think people will find it strange."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ths-early.html

This is way too early

whats the point?!

My mum saw this too... customer demand?! What customer demand? Maybe for chocolate, but that doesn't always have to come as an egg, right?!

Mmm I disagree. There's no need to buy Easter eggs now, why would anyone want to at this time of year? I certainly have no intention of buying something just because a shop sells it now.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I imagine that a lot of people still have plenty of chocs from Christmas or have had enough of them and made the resolution for this year to give them up.

I don't buy Easter eggs. It's just another excuse to commercial's what should be a day we thank God. Too many families use it as an excuse to buy and eat chocolate, which they can do 365 days a year. How many people nowadays no the reason why we roll an egg down a hill for or why do you give something up for lent.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Who rolls eggs down a hill??? ???

Easter Eggs in January. Thats absolutly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    Who rolls eggs down a hill??? ???
    youd be surprised

cream eggs are always out january they have been for a few years now and slowly eggs come onto the shelves
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Thread Information