Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A little confused.

A little confused.

I am a week late for coming on my period.

I have done 3 tests today and they have all said negative.

Why is this?

My Mum says it might be the antibiotics I have been on.
    Or for those who read my other thread could it be to do with the work issues/problems I have had?

1st question Sarah have you been doing any naughty horizontal jogging without wearing a sock?

It could be down to stress due to what has happened at work. Are you normally regular or are your periods up and down. I would leave it a couple of more days if they don't arrive I would make an appointment to see the doctor. My niece in law did 5 tests before one came back positive. Take care let us know how you get on.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

In reply to your question, yes I have.

Quite a few people say that they do home testing and they come back negative when they are actually pregnant, and end up having to go to the Doctors for a blood test.

Just seems odd. Maybe it is down to the aggro from work. I will take another one next week if I still have no period.

I'm getting my signs of my period though, I'm moody and my back aches.
    Maybe I'm worrying too much, thats probably causing the delay too.

Stress and worry can delay periods.

Home tests are 99% accurate. Maybe your HCG hormone isn't high enough to register on the home tests yet, assuming you are pregnant. However, if you're getting your usual premenstrual symptoms then I would assume that you're not pregnant and it's stress that is delaying it.

You will get the signs of a period even if you are pregnant I got all the PMT symtoms all the way through my pregnacy without the bleeding. Hope everything goes alright for you.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Oh, did you?

I've never been late before, only a day or two at the most over. But never 7 days.

Time will tell I guess.

I got the dates mixed up and actually thought I was later than what I am. Looked in my diary and now, to date I am 18 days late, still no signs. Done more tests and still saying the same. I'm too scared to go to the Doctors!

What's making you feel scared? Would it be a problem if you are pregnant?

The earlier you find out if you are pregnant, the more time you have to decide what to do and the easier the termination procedure is (should you wish to go down that route).

Make an appointment with your doctor or practice nurse. They're best placed to advise you what's going on

No it wouldn't, think I'm just scared of knowing. If it was stress delaying it, should I of come on by now?

18 days is a long time if your periods are usually regular. I'm not qualified to say or have experience of stress delaying periods for so long but if you're under considerable stress (job worries, berevement, money etc) then I suppose it's possible.

Thread Information