Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grief

Grief

Sorry if it's already posted or in wrong place do what ever with it if need be

This keeps coming up lately in my life with friends losing people and going through all kinds of emotions/feelings i just wondered how to deal with friends who have lost people.

Anyone here lost people close to them? What did you want other friends to do? Do you know a friend going through it? what have you done for them? Basically just asking for experiences/advice really.

Sig dedicated to Charley

My friend lost her mum a couple of years ago, I was just there if she needed to talk really and met up to talk and hugs.
    I dont that doesnt sound like much but its all we could do.

Plus in primary school when I lost one of my grandparents it was pretty awful and my friends wre useless, I mean ok we were very young, all I wanted to do was cry and have a hug

Problem i have is all my mates going through it dont live near me so i cant just pop round there and see them when i like

Sig dedicated to Charley

A phone call will do im sure, thats what I did with my friend cos she doesnt live near me either

They dont ever feel like talking on the phone at the mo either im limited. The moods are unpredictable (though one of them this happened to in october so we seem to have got past the mood changes part of it for now, however because it is xmas its all up in the air with her again now but its not mood changes its just hit her now where as it never did before)

Sig dedicated to Charley

I lost my mum earlier this year. I don't think its a question of dealing with it. You just learn to live with it because that dull ache never goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
    I lost my mum earlier this year. I don't think its a question of dealing with it. You just learn to live with it because that dull ache never goes away.
    Very true words NB.

I worked as a Funeral Director for 15 years and that was the most common sentiment.

In my eye's after Steph and Alyson. Just be there for them when they need to talk, if they drift away from you, don't take it personally, they should come back soon. Try to make them smile and don't let them continually dwell on the fact that the person's gone, the memories they've ha with them will always be with them. Hope that helps Vicky May be a bit confusing through :S

Thank you for the amazing banner Lea
    Joe Mcelderry is gorgeous and amazing

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Very true words NB.

I worked as a Funeral Director for 15 years and that was the most common sentiment.

It's 14 years today since my Mum passed away and it's true what NB says you don't get over it you just get used to living with the dull ache. If your friend doesn't want to talk on the phone Vicky send her a thinking of you card, just to let her know that you are thinking of her and if she ever wants to talk then you're there for her.

I am dealing with grief at the moment. One of Marley's teachers she had two years ago died at the begining of December from Cancer. He was only 57 and within 3 months of being diagonsed he was gone. Marley and the other kids at school have taken it badly. This is the first close person to her who has died. Her way of dealing with it is to talk about Mr Fyfe and all that he taught her.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

My Grandma died last month, two days after her 82nd birthday. This sounds strange but I really don't think its hit me properly yet as all the family still talk about her most days.

Hope shes much happier now wherever she may be, as she wasn't happy to be alive anymore.

I'm sure shes still lurking around my house, I always hear strange noises. Told her to behave but she wont listen. Love her lots.

The pain of her not being here anymore will always hurt, but I've got lovely memories of her that will never go away

Thread Information