Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Mitchell cast in 'EastEnders'

Danny Mitchell cast in 'EastEnders'

Another Mitchell will send shockwaves through Albert Square in the New Year when Archie's secret son makes a surprise appearance in EastEnders.

Despite not knowing his father, Danny - played by soap newcomer Liam Bergin - arrives in Walford to attend Archie's funeral and curious to see his sisters. As Ronnie (Samantha Janus) and Roxy (Rita Simons) have a blazing argument, he interrupts them, but they're dismissive of his presence.

However, when Roxy states that they've just buried their dad, Danny retorts, "I think you might have buried mine, too." The Mitchell sisters are stunned by his response as they stare at the brother they never knew existed.

Described as a "loveable rogue", Danny's a charmer with an eye for the ladies, while guys instantly see him as competition in the alpha male stakes.

Danny's father Archie (Larry Lamb) met his maker during yesterday's episode when a mystery assailant fatally struck him over the head with the Queen Vic bust. He went to his grave knowing nothing of his son's existence, as his ex-wife Glenda (Glynis Barber) fled when she discovered that she was pregnant.

Speaking of his role, Bergin said: "The first time I walked into Albert Square and saw the Queen Vic was a very special moment and I'll have that memory forever. All of my on-screen family have made me feel very welcome from the first moment that I met them and I am enjoying every minute working here."

The BBC soap's executive producer Diederick Santer commented: "Liam is a fine young actor, and a proper East Londoner, who I've been keen to bring into EastEnders for quite some time. His character Danny Mitchell is something of an enigma."

He teased: "Is he simply their kid brother, keen to get to know his exciting big sisters? Or is there something else that he's after?”

Bergin's other screen credits include Five's 2009 Minder remake, Doctors and ITV's Trinity.

He began filming earlier this month and will make his first screen appearance at the end of January.
    Thanks CrazyLea

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

lizann (26-12-2009)

He looks good lol

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    wow he does look goood:
    http://unitedagents.co.uk/liam-bergin

Another Mitchell

So what age is this Danny fella?
    Last edited by lizann; 28-12-2009 at 19:51.

I say around 20

How old were R&R when Glenda left?, coz she left as she was pregnant and didnt want Archie to control another one of her kid

Its crazy how ronnie and roxy suddenly have a mum, you never hear them speak about her.

Danny Mitchell, played by Liam Bergin, 24, is the secret son of Archie and Glenda, who was pregnant with him when she fled Albert Square.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...astEnders.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

oh hello *wolf whistles*. so we have 3 mitchells leaving and 2 joining, not bad numbers to keep the Mithcells strong!

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! another mitchell!

So whats the betting he will end up with Stacey

Thread Information