Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Holby City - Current Episode Discussion

I did think for a moment or three that it was Dom who had been stabbed.

So is the army surgeon going to be working for Holby soon?

And the nephew thing was a bit .. erm, well he wouldn't really be allowed to spend the day in a hospital would he?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

Perdita (10-02-2016)

a woman proposing in tonights Holby as well as in EE.

Not sure the bit with Mr Levy inthe bushes is in character.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

Splashy (22-03-2016)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Page is right thou, Mark dumps her because of her law breaking for a women who kills a kid on her bike ride where she is an emotional mess, then still does the same kinda bike ride in a emotional state in the last few epps and is also convicted of kidnap and just got out. Loved the comment from Tyler thou about changing teams, his other brother needs to sit him down and explain how love is all encompasing and in some sexaull prefernce isnt preset and choices should be respected.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Katrina ok (06-04-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    Page is right thou, Mark dumps her because of her law breaking for a women who kills a kid on her bike ride where she is an emotional mess, then still does the same kinda bike ride in a emotional state in the last few epps and is also convicted of kidnap and just got out. Loved the comment from Tyler thou about changing teams, his other brother needs to sit him down and explain how love is all encompasing and in some sexaull prefernce isnt preset and choices should be respected.
    Think this is the wrong thread ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Katrina ok (06-04-2016)

Brilliant episode tonight

Arthur ... RIP x

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Rear window (08-06-2016), Splashy (08-06-2016)

I agree. Well done to all involved!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toby2 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (07-06-2016), Splashy (08-06-2016)

Holby City lost one of its most popular stars in Tuesday's heartbreaking episode, as Rob Ostlere bowed out from his role as Arthur Digby after more than three years on our screens.

Arthur, who was diagnosed with terminal cancer a few weeks ago, collapsed and was rushed to surgery after his stomach cancers ruptured in tearjerking scenes. Tragically, nothing more could be done to help him and Arthur passed away surrounded by his loved ones.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Rob for an instant reaction chat about his exit from the show.

Why have you decided to leave Holby City?

"I made the decision quite a while before I left the show. I knew that I would have been there for three and a half years in total, so I felt that was a great amount of time to be there. It was a difficult decision, especially because Holby is so great and the people are brilliant. But as a youngish actor, you have to try and find new challenges."

How was it to make that jump out of the show?

"I had a bit of time to get used to the idea, but then as it got closer I thought: 'Oh God, maybe I should have stayed a bit longer!' But Arthur's final storyline was such a great challenge and also something different to what I've done before. It was such a great opportunity for me as an actor.

"I'm also still in touch with a lot of people from the show. I've popped back to the studios two or three times since leaving. It's part of being an actor that you have to move on from these things eventually, but I had such a lovely time there."

Characters have been known to leave Holby and then come back. With that in mind, would you have preferred the door to have been left open?

"I suppose that was the only thing - I can't come back unless some people start having flashbacks! I suppose in a way it's lovely to have that opportunity to go back, but in another way it's nice to complete that chapter and come to the end of it.

"But I wouldn't rule anything out. I keep telling Ellie [Fanyinka] who plays Morven to look a bit more wistful so I can come back for the odd flashback or something!"

Did you do much research into Arthur's illness?

"Yeah, we're quite lucky on Holby with the help that we get. They completely prepare you and answer any questions you have. I spoke to an oncologist called Bruce who was working with the story team the whole time.

"I also asked a couple of my friends who'd been diagnosed with cancer in the past and they very kindly talked to me about it. Luckily they're okay now, but they told me about their experiences. I tried not to watch too much of how it's portrayed on TV and film, because you can sometimes copy that. So instead I tried to hear about real-life experiences and also just followed what was in the scripts, as they were so well-researched."

Were there any real tears shed on your last day?

"I did get quite soppy. When it came to it, I was supposed to make a speech at the end of my final scene but I was useless. I couldn't say anything! It was just really sad to say goodbye to everyone. Obviously the storyline itself was really sad too."

Will Arthur's death spark some interesting stories for those he's left behind?

"I think so. I know a little bit about what's coming up, having spoken to the other cast members. Arthur's death definitely sparks a lot of change. I was quite lucky with him, because he spent a lot of time with various people in the hospital - so I think it affects quite a lot of people in the next few months. It's a big event and I think it certainly triggers lots of things for Dominic, Morven and Zosia especially."

What kind of reaction have you seen to Arthur's illness?

"I've been sent lots of nice messages about the recent episodes. A lot of them have been about the illness, but also the love story between Morven and Arthur, and the friendships that Arthur has with Dominic and Zosia.

"Lots of people are obviously affected by cancer, so there's been a big response to the storyline. It's always really nice when you're doing a storyline that people respond to or feel affected by in some way. That's always really gratifying."

They were great friends, but were you aware that some Holby fans wanted Arthur and Dom to become a couple?

"Yes, we were aware of it. I think it started more after the episodes which showed us at the seaside in Clacton, where Arthur ended up kissing Dominic just as a show of solidarity. They were very close friends, but nothing else ever cropped up between them. I don't know if the writers ever considered it - I don't think they did.

"It was great to see that reaction, but I think what was great about their friendship was that it didn't really come up - and that's a good thing. It's just nice to see two friends together, it doesn't matter what their sexuality is. It was a really honest portrayal of two friends. Who knows - there could have been a storyline there, but I like the way it was done."

What memories are you taking away from Holby with you?

"I've been quite lucky, because I went through some really nice stages with the character of Arthur. I worked with Jimmy Akingbola (Malick) and Lauren Drummond (Chantelle) on Keller at first and that was great fun. Then it was David Ames (Dominic) and Camilla Arfwedson (Zosia), then I had my storylines with Ellie.

"The thing we all really look forward to the most are the standalone episodes where you to get to go to a location outside of the hospital. I got to do that a couple of times, which was really fun. Going to the seaside with David was great and really funny. We love being in the hospital but you are there a lot, so that episode was almost like being on a whole new show."

What are your plans for the future? Would you do another ongoing show?

"I'd never done a TV job for such a long period before Holby. Before I did it, I never thought that I'd be on it for so long. It feels like such a long stretch of your career as an actor. But having done it, I now know that I really enjoy that kind of long-term job.

"What you really like as an actor is variety as well, so I'm open to anything. I haven't done a play for about 4 years, so it'd be great to get back into the theatre. I suppose the other great thing about acting is that you get to see new places, so there's that sense of adventure as well. You never really know what the future holds, but we'll see. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next to me."

Bye Arthur, you did so well, I will miss you x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Splashy (08-06-2016)

What a superb episode of Holby tonight. I was totally shocked that Arthur died and I read the spoilers. Well acted and well done to all involved. Excellent drama
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

16. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Splashy (08-06-2016)

Very sad, made me cry. All very quick, which is sadly what happens sometimes.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

alan45 (08-06-2016), Splashy (08-06-2016)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Wow.... words fail me, the epp was world class.

Such a mixture of fun and sadness, just loved the dance sequence, a celebration of life.

Will miss the Dom Arthur interplay,they had real chemistry.

Great show BBC

Thread Information