Thread: SingStar microphones

SingStar microphones

Does anyone know if the SingStar microphones for the PlayStation 2 will work with the PlayStation 3? I want to buy SingStar for the Playstation 3 but don't want to have to buy another pair of microphones. Thanks
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Well, I found out that the PS2 microphones ARE compatible with the PS3, yay! So I bought SingStar Abba.

I love Singstar! It's so fun Especially fuelled by alcohol with your mates!!

I bet the Abba one is really good??

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    I love Singstar! It's so fun Especially fuelled by alcohol with your mates!!

I bet the Abba one is really good??
    Yeah, it's cool I got into Abba when I saw Muriel's Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by megan999 View Post
    Yeah, it's cool I got into Abba when I saw Muriel's Wedding
    Love Muriel's wedding... I must get myself singstar.. have to get a generic one my daughter can join me
    Super Mod

Yes, do, it's great fun! And then if you get the Playstation 3 version you can also download individual songs for 99p each

connor bought singstar after xmas he loves it!! i read that the ps2 singstar games work on ps3 is that right?? connor wants loads of the ps2 ones for his bday but i dont to buy them if they wont work??

Quote Originally Posted by Debs View Post
    connor bought singstar after xmas he loves it!! i read that the ps2 singstar games work on ps3 is that right?? connor wants loads of the ps2 ones for his bday but i dont to buy them if they wont work??
    That's not right I'm afraid, Sony hasn't invented a patch yet to make the ps2 singstar games work on the ps3. By the way, if you want to use the "SingStore" to download songs, you need to have a Wireless Router because the PS3 uses a wireless broadband signal.

grrr ive read they work on so many different forums, but at least ive not bought them yet

we have downlaoded quite a few songs from the store, its great to have that option so we can choose what we do and dont want! We buy the £20 cards from game and then just download when we want, we do have wireless but the ps3 is conncted with the wire and works fine
    Last edited by Debs; 16-01-2010 at 22:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Debs View Post
    We buy the £20 cards from game and then just download when we want, we do have wireless but the ps3 is conncted with the wire and works fine
    Yeah, I got a £20 card too because I feel better using that than putting in my credit card details every time. It's good that your PS3 works with a wire then, mine must be a different model.

Thread Information