Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing on Ice Lineup

Missed the skate off. Shame Sinitta went. I think Gary Lucy is going to be another Ray Quinn he has done roller skating so he will have an advantage over the others.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Missed the skate off. Shame Sinitta went. I think Gary Lucy is going to be another Ray Quinn he has done roller skating so he will have an advantage over the others.
    I hope not.. they all look about evenly matched with the girls... it would be nice to have a show where one of them doesn't run off with it.
    Super Mod

mmmm i thought that about ray. but Gary said he is not so good at dancing whereas Ray being a dancer had help.

sinitta shouldn't have gone, yeh she didn't manage the frog lift, but on the whole she was still a better skater.
    Sharon's spiral was awful!! her knee was so bent it was ridiculous, she was nearly on the floor!

hayley was good, and her and dan had really good chemistry as well

I wish Sharron Davies had gone. Jason's comment about her looking like a tree was cruel, but I can see what he means! She just looks so awkward on the ice. Pity Sinitta took on that difficult move so early in the series.

Sinitta has revealed that she quarrelled with Dancing On Ice bosses over the "frog lift" that led to her exit from the show.

The judges voted 4:1 to save Sharron Davies ahead of the singer – full name Sinitta Malone – after she failed to execute the move during last night's skate-off.

"It's such a shame because we did the frog lift the first time, but then messed it up second time around. That was always a possibility though because it's what was happening the whole time during rehearsals - one time we'd do it, the next we wouldn't," she told DS.

However, Sinitta admitted that she was never comfortable with attempting the tricky lift so early on in the competition.

"I didn't agree to it, because I was terrified of getting hurt. When we managed to do it two out of the first 20 times in training, I was like, 'You know what, we can't do it' and they took it out. But then after Christmas, whoever's in charge said, 'The frog lift's going back in'," she recalled.

"I did have a bit of a mini-tantrum, but then we did a show-and-tell session and pulled it off, so my confidence improved and I decided to give it a go. I do regret it, though. I wish I'd put my foot down and said no."

Sinitta also insisted that the judges were wrong to eliminate her instead of Davies, despite her frog lift slipup.

"You know what, Sharron's amazing and I love her, but I know what Andrei and I had in the bag for the future. We had a really strong partnership and we really trusted each other. I think the judges make a mistake because I know I have what it takes to become a good skater," she said.

DS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (11-01-2010)

I think the judges were wrong too. Jason said something like " Mistakes will not be tolerated. " However, Donal McIntyre made several last series, but got into the final!

Bottom line was she wasn't popular with public otherwise she wouldn't have been in bottom 2 - all her fawning over Simon Cowell and stupid outfits - enough to put anybody off

not neccesarily.
    i dont understand how emily wasn't in the skate off, she was awful!

sinnnita was better,she didn't deserve to be in the skate-off. I think just because Emily is a perfect little barbie-doll eye candy ¬¬
    Last edited by freckleface; 13-01-2010 at 17:22.

Sadly popularity does come into it. Look at Coleen Nolan. I'd rather not personally!

true

i'm really hypocritical of the skaters as well, I'm like wow, a 3turn.
    my mum kept on yelling at me for talking *whistles* 8)

Thread Information