Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby gifts

Baby gifts

Hi all,

My sister is expecting her first baby in March and I want to get something special. She's not finding out the sex until he's born (sorry if that's confusing, we call the baby Fred, it's nicer than 'it'). I have a feeling it's a boy though.

All the big stuff has been bought and she has loads of clothes already so I'm stumped. It's already arranged that I'll buy some swaddle blankets, which I'll get closer to the time when we know roughly how big he'll be. He already has long legs and a fat belly so I don't think he's going to fit in newborn.

Having been relatively young (14) when my niece was born, I can't really remember what I bought or what would have been useful to have. I did see some gift boxes but TBH, they weren't value for money and either for girls or boys.

So I need some ideas. About £30 for Fred (on top of swaddle blankets) and £20 for mum. Preferably something that will last longer than clothes.

I'm sure all you parents can think of some nice gift ideas. Thankfully I haven't reached that stage in my life yet
    Thanks CrazyLea

Okay, I'm not a parent or anything.. but we've had a birth or 2 in the past year lol.
    How about some keepsakes for Fred? Like along the lines of a teddy, or my first... things.
    For Mum, well maybe a basket, with some bath goodies in to pamper herself with (when my Auntie and my Mum had the babies all they could think about was having a nice bath)
    I hope I've helped, even just a little

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirsty :] For This Useful Post:

Abigail (13-12-2009)

You have Is there anything I should avoid (perfumes or scents) in bath stuff for a woman who's just given birth? I don't mean to get graphic but is anything likely to cause irritation?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Ooohh, I never thought of that. I think you should be okay, but probably play the safe side and get some nice perfumed bath stuff, and some for sensitive skin that is natural or something? That way it's the best of both worlds

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirsty :] For This Useful Post:

Abigail (14-12-2009)

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    I got my niece several sized picture frames when she gave birth to my brothers first grand child...so picture frames are nice prezzies, either silver or wood .
    I think a big basket of bath products for the mom will be nice :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJodi For This Useful Post:

Abigail (14-12-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by SUGARPLUMFAIRY KISSES View Post
    I got my niece several sized picture frames when she gave birth to my brothers first grand child...so picture frames are nice prezzies, either silver or wood .
    I think a big basket of bath products for the mom will be nice :-)
    Picture frames are nice, i got a few and they are all up.

my sister bought me a silver charm bracelet with a dummy charm on it when connor was born. Every year i buy a charm to put on it when its his birthday, i thought bwas a nice idea, so hubby bought me when when aimee was born too and ill do the same for her!

Urm as for baby, a teddy is always good, something that can be kept forever, i still have the teddy in our room that my sister bought me when my mum was pregnant, how about a bear factory bear that you can make up yourself?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Debs For This Useful Post:

Abigail (14-12-2009)

When I had my kids, my friends got me a voucher for the hairdressers to pamper myself and they got Charley a beatrix potter money box and a keepsake box.. One of them took a photo of charley a few hour old and next day put it in a silver frame for me.. it was really love as it was the first picture of her

You can get lovely frame for the 1st year of a babies life.. they are lovely too as you can see the baby change from month to month
    Super Mod

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Abigail (14-12-2009)

One thing I still treasure from when my kids were babies is a special baby photo album. It has a page at the front for recording all the 'firsts' and there is enough room for photos until they are about 3 years old (I guess it depends how many photos are taken though..)

When you are the mum of a new baby it is easy to forget yourself, and the idea of pampering is nice, so is the idea of meals out and free trust-worthy baby sitting!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinity For This Useful Post:

Abigail (14-12-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Trinity View Post
    One thing I still treasure from when my kids were babies is a special baby photo album. It has a page at the front for recording all the 'firsts' and there is enough room for photos until they are about 3 years old (I guess it depends how many photos are taken though..)

When you are the mum of a new baby it is easy to forget yourself, and the idea of pampering is nice, so is the idea of meals out and free trust-worthy baby sitting!
    Yes.. baby sit for your sister is a great gift.. give a chance for her and her partner to get out

I have a baby book for my kids.. I love showing them from time to time little things I recorded for them so they can see what they were like as babies too
    Super Mod

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Abigail (14-12-2009)

Yes, baby books are lovely. BOth mine have them, i love filling it all in!

i was looking back at connors the other day while having a sort out and was amazed at how many pictures of him are almost identical to some of aimee

Thread Information