Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Malloy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ryan Dean (Neil McDermott)

For months, EastEnders newcomer Neil McDermott has been named only as 'man' on the credits but his identity has now finally been revealed.

Ladies and gentlemen - as most of the online community have already guessed, Ryan is indeed Whitney's half-brother.

Until now, Whitney - played by Shona McGarty - has believed her male follower to be her knight in shining armour.

We saw Ryan fend off Whitney's potential love interest Todd Taylor (Ashley Kumar) back in February and then at the beginning of last month, he rugby tackled Nick Cotton (John Altman) to the ground before the café exploded.

However, in a fortnight's time, Whtiney's handsome stranger reveals his true identity to his half-sister.

So what do we know about Ryan? Well, he's nine years older than Whitney and they both have the same mother in Debra Dean (Ruth Gemmell). Surprisingly for soap, Ryan has "something of a dark past" and when Whitney starts asking questions about his life, Ryan immediately clams up. He's a closed, moody character and quick-witted kind of a guy, but certainly won't back away from potential trouble.

Ryan has an eye for the ladies, too. Anyone in particular, I hear you cry? Well, Ronnie Mitchell's (Samantha Womack) on the top of his proverbial 'to do' list...

A thief by nature, Ryan apparently doesn't stay in the same place for too long. So will he be hanging around for a while in Walford? He's certainly there for something - and if it's not his sister, then what?

Speaking of his role, McDermott said: "I was really excited when I joined EastEnders and it's great that the viewers will finally learn who Ryan is and what he's all about."

Executive producer Diederick Santer added: "Neil is a charismatic young actor playing an intriguing and complex character. While incognito, he made a big impression on EastEnders viewers. Now they know who he actually is, I'm sure things will get even more exciting."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a1...-revealed.html

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dutchgirl (16-07-2009), matt1378 (18-07-2009), tammyy2j (10-07-2009)

Ryan Malloy

Don't you just love him? His character definetely has potential. All the stuff with Janine and Whitney, its been really good at the moment. He reminds me a lot of Dennis, he's had a difficult past, and always got stuff on his mind that he cant talk about, but then he meets Whitney and develops this bond with her, like the way Dennis did with Vicky and Sharon.

I'm sure there's a load of things from his past that will come out. You get the feeling that a lot of stuff has happened to him. He's strong, but yet quite sensitive to things.

Plus he's major good looking lol.

Yeah, I really like him too and think he's got loads of potential to be a classic EE character. He's got a dark side but is sensitive, always a good mix. He's a better actor than Nigel Harman, too.

And, yes, he is very cute

Spoiler:
    wonder if he will be involved with the stacey pregnancy storyline. Maybe when Bradley leaves she could pick on Ryan as being the father, and revert back to her manipulative self, trying to get money out of him etc.

Spoiler:
    Yeah, he is very likely to be Stacey's baby's father, although how would she know with the amount of men she's supposed to have slept with whilst ill?

He deserves a big storyline of his own soon.

Spoiler:
    I don't think she will know its Ryans baby, but I think she could try and convince him that its his. He's been very keen about taking on his responsiblities of late. He might be good for Stacey. And I think they could make a good couple.

Stacey / Ryan / Janine

Its going to be messy and bitchy when Janine finds out Ryan is Stacey's baby daddy but i think Stacey can handle her own with Janine. I cant wait to see their feud. Bring on the catfights.

I agree that Jainine is not going to like it but I think she might stand by Ryan. It depends on how much she changes really. xx

Janine will probably find the letter and not give it to Ryan and tell Stacey that Ryan dont want anything to do with her and the baby

Ive read that Stacey manages to get the letter back before anybody sees it. Yeh this storyline is going to be good. We've never seen Stacey and Janine having a storyline together before, its a good pairing. And I love Ryan, I think Ryan and Stacey would be a good match. Its fun to see how Janine and Ryan will pan out, but inevitably it seems that Janine would never be able to accept the Stacey situation, its far to much hard work for her. And Ryan would want to be a good dad.

Thread Information