Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast

Thread: The X Factor 2010

I bought the cd yesterday and had it blaring last night.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

ITV has reportedly warned Simon Cowell to "cut the sleaze" after a record number of complaints were received about this year's X Factor.

It was yesterday revealed that 2,000 viewers had complained about raunchy performances by Christina Aguilera and Rihanna on Saturday night's final. According to The Mirror, this brings the total number of complaints received by Ofcom throughout the series to more than 5,000.

Scandals during this series have ranged from the auto-tune row to fix claims over various results.

"Bosses are worried about the complaints, which have grown rapidly this series," a source told the paper. "They certainly don't want the trouble they have had in recent weeks, including claims that the show is becoming seedy and oversexed as well as the accusations by contestants that the show is fixed.

"That tarnishes the image of The X Factor and ITV so things must change. It's our image as a family channel that's at stake. Serious meetings are taking place with Cowell and executives.”

ITV boss Peter Fincham allegedly clashed with Cowell when the judge backed an appearance by Chloe Mafia during a performance by rejected auditionees on Sunday night.

"Simon and Peter were rowing over why Chloe was on the show and used so prominently," the insider said. "Peter wasn't sure it was appropriate but Simon's attitude was, 'Do you want these big ratings or not?’ He feels that there needs to be controversy to drive the programme and make sure it is talked-about and watched.

"But there is a line - especially before the watershed - and there is a feeling by some ITV bosses that he has crossed it during this series on several occasions."

An ITV spokesman added: "We speak regularly with Simon and his team about the show.

"The X Factor is the most popular and talked-about show on television and it naturally generates a range of comment and opinion from our audience and we listen carefully to what our viewers say about our programming."

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    yeah but cher actually had quite a high percentage of the votes all the way through, the only time she should of went and didnt was against Mary, the previous time she was in the bottom two she did not have the lowest votes
    Paije and Mary would have stayed if taken to deadlock instead of Cher

Simon Cowell has reportedly signed all four X Factor finalists to record deals via his SyCo label.

Alongside a guaranteed deal for X Factor winner Matt Cardle, it is believed Cowell has now also signed up Rebecca Ferguson, Cher Lloyd and his own group, One Direction.

"Simon's always said he wants feisty characters who know what type of artist they are," a source told the Daily Star. "And he certainly has that in Cher, Rebecca, and One Direction."

Cowell's deal with Cher Lloyd is rumoured to involve a clause permitting Will.i.am from Black Eyed Peas to act as creative director on the young singer's album.

The reports, if true, would mark the first time that every act to appear on the show's final has received a record deal with the label.

Wonder how many of them are still signed with his label in a year's time

And if Mini-Me Cher-L fails to sell any cd's will Simon ditch her. Wonder how long it will take her to throw a tantrum at Will.I.Am

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Simon Cowell has reportedly signed all four X Factor finalists to record deals via his SyCo label.

Alongside a guaranteed deal for X Factor winner Matt Cardle, it is believed Cowell has now also signed up Rebecca Ferguson, Cher Lloyd and his own group, One Direction.

"Simon's always said he wants feisty characters who know what type of artist they are," a source told the Daily Star. "And he certainly has that in Cher, Rebecca, and One Direction."

Cowell's deal with Cher Lloyd is rumoured to involve a clause permitting Will.i.am from Black Eyed Peas to act as creative director on the young singer's album.

The reports, if true, would mark the first time that every act to appear on the show's final has received a record deal with the label.

Wonder how many of them are still signed with his label in a year's time
    Well what is the point of voting for a winner if he signs them all

They should change the way they vote. What they should do is get the judges to write down who they want to chuck and keep it safe. Then get the bottom two and based on the public vote tell them who is the act with the least votes and see if the judges agreed. The biggest gripe with this years judges is that they were in denial how unpopular Katie and Cher were with the public and they did anything they could to keep them in and acts like Paije, Aiden, Treyc and Diva Fever went out earlier than they should have.

50 Cent has reportedly signed ‘X Factor' reject Gamu Nhengu to his new record label.

Her deal is said to be with the newly launched G-Note Records, under the name Miss Gamuchirai.

"Miss Gamuchirai has been singed to 50 Cent's new record label, G-Note," said a source.

"G-Note will focus on 50's favourite acts that don't fit neatly into G-Unit's hip-hop categorisation and will favour pop and R&B artists."

It's also thought that Fiddy had to wrangle with her ‘X Factor' contract before getting her signature.

"It is believed that many labels have been interested in signing Gamu but G-Note offered the best deal and are best connected to make her dreams reality," they added.

Matt Cardle has revealed that he is eager to start writing songs for his debut album.

The X Factor champion, whose winner's single 'When We Collide' currently sits at number five on the singles chart, said he is looking forward to recording the LP and hopes to release a new single "as soon as possible".

In a video blog on his official website, he said: "New Year's was interesting. I went up to see Aiden [Grimshaw] to get smashed and we had a good time.

"Now I'm just looking forward to cracking on and getting the album written and can't wait for the tour. It's starting in not long and that's going to be a pretty incredible experience I reckon."

He added: "Please be buying my single when it comes out - I want to get it out as soon as possible, so please be buying it. Thank you so much for your support, it's wicked!"

It was recently reported that fellow X Factor participant Grimshaw could feature on Cardle's upcoming record.

A possible release date for One Direction's debut single has been revealed on Twitter.

The X Factor finalists are thought to be recording their album in Los Angeles.

INEMAND radio DJs Alex and Lucy earlier tweeted: "Calling all One Direction fans…we’ve just been told that their first single will be released on Sunday 13th March…6 weeks & counting! (sic)"

The release date for the boyband's debut single has yet to be officially confirmed.

DS

Thread Information