Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: The X Factor 2010

How many songs has Wagner now killed personally I've lost count with last night being by far the worst going from I'm Still Standing (appropriate choice I thought) to Circle of Life what was Louis thinking put those two together it's just wrong, hopefully Wagner will go tonight how he's still in at this point is beyond me.

Que sera sera
    Last edited by pipette; 14-11-2010 at 18:39.

I'd like to see what song Wagner would do as his survival song

I think Paije, Katie, Wagner and Mary could be in trouble tonight - I do hope Katie goes

I didnt think anyone of them very pretty good last night tbh imo

Rebecca was fab as always
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Aiden Grimshaw has become the eighth act to be voted out of The X Factor after a shock defeat to Katie Waissel.

The 18-year-old student performed his chosen survival song of Crowded House's 'Don't Dream It's Over' in an attempt to win the judges' vote over Cheryl Cole's controversial act, who found herself in the bottom two for the fourth time.

After the performances, host Dermot O'Leary approached Simon Cowell, who paused for an extremely long time as he deliberated which act to vote out of the competition. Eventually, the 51-year-old declared that he liked both acts and opted to save Waissel.

Next, Cheryl Cole announced that both acts had "been fantastic contenders throughout this competition", before stating, "My loyalty is to Katie."

Dannii Minogue also backed her own act, Aiden Grimshaw, handing Louis Walsh the deciding vote yet again. The Irish judge branded the choice as "a really difficult one", before opting to save Grimshaw and send the vote to deadlock.

O'Leary then revealed that Grimshaw had in fact received the fewest amount of public votes, much to the surprise of a visibly-stunned Waissel and an angered studio audience, who booed as the two acts hugged.

When asked about what O'Leary described as a "shock" elimination, Grimshaw simply stated, "You win some you lose some", and added that he was now most looking forward to having a beer.

After losing her second act, Grimshaw's mentor Dannii Minogue commented: "It's so hard because nobody wants to leave the competition. They do their best every week, [it's just] the people at home aren't voting."

The X Factor continues next Saturday at 8pm on ITV1.

Olly Murs has confirmed that he will perform on this weekend's X Factor results show.

Last year's runner-up will make his return to promote his new single 'Thinking of Me'. The track is the second from his self-titled debut solo album, which is released next week.

Murs told fans on Twitter last night: "Right I have some news......what do you think it is????? (sic)"

A short while later, he confirmed: "I'M BACK ON X FACTOR NEXT WEEK!!!!!

"YEHHHHHHHHH!!!! xx I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!! Will be singing new single 'Thinking of ME'."

The singer's debut single 'Please Don't Let Me Go' topped the UK charts in September.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (15-11-2010)

The whole world has gone bonkers. Katie has more lives that a cat. Talk about falling in sh1t and come up smelling of roses. I really thought her time was up when Louis put it to deadlock. In all fairness to Katie her main performance was poor, but her sing off song was actually good and if she was just to sing like that without all the diva tantrums she'd get a lot more public praise. Can't belive Aiden was in the bottom two I was expecting it to be Paije. Matt and Rebecca were fab as always and although it sticks in my throat One Direction were great their best performance.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (15-11-2010)

I'm shocked Aiden went out, Simon should have saved him as he gave the best performance but Simon choose media attention and drama tactics over talent

What should have happened to Katie last week:

Super Mod

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (15-11-2010)

If only we could've done that to Cheryl Cole when she was mimming.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (15-11-2010), tammyy2j (15-11-2010)

Matt Cardle 'is not a sex addict' (Bit of a disapointment )

Matt Cardle has reportedly hit back at his ex-girlfriend over claims she made that he is a sex addict.

It was previously reported that Lauren Cutmore had branded the X Factor singer "rampant" and claimed that he wanted sex "all the time".

However, according to the Daily Star Cardle has said that her comments are "sour grapes" because he dumped her.

A source told the paper: "Of course Lauren's not going to say anything complimentary, but good luck to her.

"Matt, a sex addict? I don’t think so. He just enjoys sex like every other red-blooded man. All Matt is doing is having fun."

The source added: "At the end of the day he knows she's just gutted that she's not still with him."

The singer has denied that he split up with Cutmore due to appearing on the show.

"I broke up with her before the show started," he said. "It had nothing to do with me being on The X Factor.

"She's a nice girl but I'm not getting back with her."

Thread Information