Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The X Factor 2010

Jay-Z has announced that he would like to offer his expertise on the next series of The X Factor.

The rapper revealed that he is interested in helping Simon Cowell to discover hip hop talent when the hit ITV1 contest returns later this year.

According to The Sun, Jay-Z said: "Simon, if you need any help for the next series, let me know man and I'm your judge. There is a lot of untapped hip hop talent in the UK and if they want my help finding some for the final 12 I am sure I could assist."

The star, who has his own record label Roc Nation, also expressed interest in assisting show judge Cheryl Cole as she launches her solo career in America.

He explained: "I keep a close eye on the music industry throughout the world and I know how hot Cheryl is in the UK. The US market is the toughest one to break into, but once you do it, it is by far the most lucrative.

"I think Cheryl has that talent to do it. There is nobody in the US like her right now, and I would be very interested in helping her break the US market this year."

Jay-Z's wife Beyoncé performed with Cole's act Alexandra Burke on the 2008 X Factor final.

DS

Sugababes star Amelle Berrabah has expressed interest in joining The X Factor's judging panel.

The 25-year-old singer recently spent time with show boss Simon Cowell in Barbados after flying out with bandmates Heidi Range and Jade Ewen over Christmas.

Speaking to the Daily Star, Berrabah revealed: "Barbados was so much fun. I was only supposed to stay for four days but ended up staying for two weeks, even though Heidi and Jade flew home.

"Simon was amazing. He's such a lovely man - kind and generous and really funny. He has a wicked sense of humour. We're good mates and obviously he's a great businessman. I'd love to work with him. He's a lot more laid-back than you think."

Of a possible space on the X Factor panel, she added: "I'd love the opportunity. It would be brilliant."

Reports recently suggested that the show's producers were considering replacing pregnant judge Dannii Minogue for the next series.

DS

X Factor judge Dannii Minogue is the odds-on favourite to depart the ITV reality show.

The singer and TV personality, who recently revealed her pregnancy, is the bookies' choice to leave the series.

William Hill is offering 2/1 for Minogue not to be a judge on the talent contest later this year. Bookmakers have also started taking bet on her new baby's name.

Earlier this week, the star expressed her joy with "amazing" boyfriend Kris Smith.

DS

Beyoncé has reportedly been lined up to appear as a judge during the next series of The X Factor.

Simon Cowell is hoping that the star will become the fifth member of the panel to cover for a pregnant Dannii Minogue, the News of the World claims.

Cowell is allegedly considering adding a fifth category to the show so that both Minogue and Beyoncé can be judges.

Meanwhile, guest stars including Eminem, Robbie Williams and Jay-Z would step in for Minogue when she is unable to work.

"Dannii was brilliant on X Factor last year," an insider said. "Simon and everyone else would love to have her back. But there are real concerns that she isn't going to be able to combine motherhood for the first time at 38 and the exhausting auditions.

"Simon leaves nothing to chance and is planning for the future already. He wants to bring in Beyoncé. And what Simon wants, Simon gets. Expect Beyoncé on the panel. Nothing has been confirmed yet because the deal hasn't been sealed with ITV but she'll be there in some form."

Speaking about the possibility of guest judges, the source added: "It's difficult to get A-listers to commit to a six-month slot as a full judge, but a fortnight is a lot simpler. Simon wants to extend the mentoring to the judging panel so you get to hear what the stars really think."

Negotiations for the next series of the show are expected to begin in April.

OMFG if Beyonce was on the panel, i would die and go to heaven, her and Cheryl, my two biggest idols, OMG how exciting!

but tbh i can't see that happening at all, shes A list, I couldnt even imagine her on American Idol or American X Factor, neverlong our X Factor.

but it is a better rumour than Mel B or anyone rubbish like that!

I can see her on the panel

i dunno, i just cant imagine someone whos that massize on the judging panel. and why would she take part in the british one rather than the american one?

if any Destiny's Child member is going to be on the panel it'll probably be Kelly Rowland who has already been rumoured

Did she not want to slow down a bit this year though? Sitting on the judges bench might just be what she fancies

Katherine Jenkins is reportedly hoping to land a job on The X Factor.

According to The People, the opera star wants to replace Dannii Minogue if she leaves because of her pregnancy.

Jenkins, who is currently working as a judge on Popstar To Operastar, said: "I hear there could be a vacancy on The X Factor this year. So, Simon [Cowell], I'm here - come and get me!"

She continued: "I am a mentor to contestants on Popstar To Operastar so I've made the move from stage to telly. It would be a similar kind of role so I am getting the relevant training to join Simon on the panel. I now know what he has to go through with the contestants. What it's like to have to deal with them when they get upset."

However, Jenkins added that she wouldn't be the same type of judge as Cowell.

"I am no Simon Cowell," she explained. "I'm not tough enough. I can't be the bad cop because the thought of upsetting them upsets me. I see myself as more of a Cheryl Cole. I'd like to work alongside her. She's more of a pop girl and I do opera but we are both very passionate about our work."

Minogue recently dismissed rumours that she is planning to quit The X Factor.

Dannii Minogue's spokesman has officially confirmed that the star has not quit The X Factor.

Minogue revealed last night that her pregnancy means that she will have to sit out the audition phases of this year's show.

The singer explained that she needed "to be near my family in Australia at such an important time" but added that she still hopes to be involved in the programme.

Her spokesman confirmed to DS today: "Dannii has absolutely not quit The X Factor.

"Although she is having her baby at home in Australia, she would very much like to still be a part of the show in some capacity when it returns later this year."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (23-02-2010)

Thread Information