Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: The X Factor 2010

Konnie Huq has apologised to the top 16 X Factor acts after making a mistake about the reality show's UK tour.

The new Xtra Factor presenter told the finalists that they would all be going on the 15-date arena tour on Saturday night's spinoff show. Her news was greeted by screaming and hugging from the Top 12 and four wildcard entrants.

This would have meant that FYD and Nicolo Festa would still have gone on the tour, despite being axed from the live shows in the first week.

However, Huq was later told off-camera that she had made an error and that it would be the same as in previous years and only the top eight contestants would be touring.

Boyband FYD, who were eliminated on Sunday, spoke to The Sun about the mistake, commenting: "She got someone whispering in her ear and had to say sorry. We were like, 'Wow'. Everyone cheered and went to party. How to deflate someone."

A show source added: "All 16 acts were jubilant when Konnie broke the news as it's a huge pay day. But when she told them she got it wrong they were absolutely gutted."

http://twitter.com/StormLeeGardner

Storm is out not only as gay (so much for his so called big romance with Katie) but also X Factor if his twitter account above is real

LOUIS Walsh says he's "fed up" of listening to Cheryl Cole after their public spat on last weekend's X Factor.

The Irish music mogul snapped at Cheryl on Saturday's show as she urged him to give her act Katie Waissel a chance while the judges voted whether the 24-year-old hopeful or boyband FYD should go through.

He shouted: "I have an opinion. It's not all about you, Cheryl!"

The following day on Xtra Factor, presenter Konnie Huq put a viewer's question to Louis asking whether he was jealous of the attention the 27-year-old Geordie judge gets.

The 58-year-old replied: "Oh she always gets the attention, she's the nation's sweetheart."

Speaking to X magazine about his row with Cheryl, Louis said: "I'm 30 years in this business, I've sold 100 million records, I know what I'm talking about, I have an opinion, and I'm entitled to speak my mind, you know?

"I don't care [if I upset her]. I'm not here to keep her happy. It's not my job... I'm fed up listening to her. It's not her show."

Louis also had a dig at controversial singer Katie, who Cheryl was criticised for choosing to take part in the live shows ahead of fans' favourite Gamu Nhengu.

He said: "There's something about Katie I do like, but I just don't think the public get her. That was my problem. There are so many brilliant girls in the show, I don't know how she's going to be better than the other girls.

"It's my opinion. Simon hired me for my opinion. I'm very honest. What you see is what you get. Be it right or wrong, I don't care. I'm not going to change for Cheryl."

source: The Sun Online 12/10/10
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    http://twitter.com/StormLeeGardner

Storm is out not only as gay (so much for his so called big romance with Katie) but also X Factor if his twitter account above is real
    Well there's a surprise - NOT!!!

This week's X Factor live show theme is rumoured to be Musical Heroes.

According to the DS forums, a source close to Louis Walsh has revealed the news about this week's song choices. The show insider also apparently hinted that viewers can expected "more tears" from Katie Waissel after this week's performance.

Musical Heroes was the theme of last year's opening live show. Olly Murs performed Robbie Williams's 'She's The One', Stacey Solomon sang Coldplay's 'The Scientist', while Jamie Archer tackled 'Get It On' by T.Rex. Meanwhile, eventual winner Joe McElderry covered Robbie Williams's 'No Regrets'.

The X Factor airs at 7.30pm on Saturday on ITV1.

wagner and dever fever are so funny...great acts
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Rihanna and Christina Aguilera are rumoured to be performing on upcoming X Factor live shows.

The gig would mark Rihanna's second stint on the singing competition following last year's performance of 'Russian Roulette'.

According to Perez Hilton, the 'Rude Boy' star will sing her new single 'Only Girl (In The World)' alongside judge Cheryl Cole's rendition of 'Promise This'.

Aguilera's date is yet to be confirmed, although it is rumoured that she will either perform a song from her upcoming movie Burlesque or her new single 'You Lost Me', which was recently rescheduled for release this month.

Katy Perry will perform her new single 'Firework' on this Sunday's results show, while Diana Vickers will sing her latest effort 'My Wicked Heart'.

X Factor contestant Katie Waissel has threatened to quit the show following a ‘bullying campaign’ against her.
    The 24-year-old apparently suffered a breakdown in the X Factor house after a public backlash against her.

A show source told the Daily Mail: ‘Katie is on the brink – she’s a drama queen at the best of times – but she just feels like she can’t go on.

‘She told producers and spoke to [show judges] Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole and they are both trying to get her to stay.

‘But as outgoing and quirky as she is, she’s only human and she is in tears over the bullying tactics people are using to get her out of the show.

‘She collapsed in tears on Monday night, she hasn’t been eating or sleeping.

'Then to cap it all, her voice has gone and she went to see a doctor who told her she had to rest and put her on antibiotics.
    'We had no option but to allow her to go home for the evening - she’s not allowed to stay at home, but she had dinner with her parents.’
    Miss Waissel was the subject of an internet campaign to stop viewers voting for her after fans argued that her mentor Miss Cole should not have picked her as one of her acts for the live finals.

She had failed to complete two of her three songs during the audition process yet was still put through ahead of viewers’ favourite Gamu Nhengu.

The campaign clearly worked, as on last weekend’s first live shows Miss Waissel was in the bottom three of the public vote. But she was kept in when Louis Walsh made the key vote in her favour.

Walsh said yesterday: ‘Honestly, I know I did the right thing. Katie was the better contestant. I really feel for the girl, this competition is hard and she’s trying her best.

'She can sing – she’s just being punished for the fact that Gamu wasn’t picked and that’s not right.’

Tesco worker Mary Byrne is to perform a Dusty Springfield classic on this week's X Factor.

Byrne, who won praise from the judges last week for her rendition of James Brown's 'It's A Man's Man's Man's World', will perform the 1966 number one 'You Don't Have To Say You Love Me'.

A source told Ireland's Evening Herald: "Last week was a tough one for everyone because it was the first live show but this week will be even tougher for Mary now that she's shown what she can do.

"Her fans are expecting another brilliant performance from her and to be blown away again by that big voice. It's nearly more important that she does well this weekend as she wants to prove it wasn't just a one-off performance."

The insider continued: "Louis has chosen a great song for her to sing. He just handed her his iPod and told her to listen to it over and over until she had it inside out. As she listened to it they just kept looking at each other, and then Mary started laughing nervously and they nodded to each other - I think they both know this will be amazing, if she can nail it."

The X Factor airs on Saturday at 7.30pm on ITV1.

I can't wait to see Mary sing Dusty's song. She will be brilliant. I'll need to stock up on the wine to sing along. Between singing along with Mary and watching Russell Watson on Life Stories with Piers Morgan. I'll be bawling my eyes out on Saturday night.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information