Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The X Factor 2010

SIMON Cowell is already plotting next year's A-list guest stars for the X Factor - and first on his wish list is David Bowie.

The music mogul - who has barely rolled out his beach towel on holiday in Barbados - said credible singers such as the Ziggy Stardust star would stop the show going stale.

Cowell said: "I'm thinking we should do something for David Bowie. I think that would be good. Just because he's a great songwriter."

He added that an indie music night was a "possibility" after alt-rocker contestant Jamie Archer helped to pull in the viewers.

And Cowell confirmed he had asked Eminem to be a guest judge after the rapper said he and legendary producer Dr Dre would be ideal for the show.

Cowell said: "I'd love to have them on as guest judges on a theme which would make them comfortable.

"I've extended the invitation to Eminem already. What did he say? I don't know yet."

But there is little chance of much punk rock featuring any time soon.

Cowell revealed he had a bad experience at a Stranglers gig as a youngster - as everyone was SPITTING.

He said: "That's all they did. The minute you walked in they spat at you. I remember thinking I couldn't think of a worse way, genuinely, to spend a night."

Despite the planned changes, Cowell told NME magazine that the X Factor shouldn't get too serious.

He said: "Once the show starts to take itself too seriously then it puts everyone off. There has to be a sense of humour in it and it is what it is. It's just a bit of fun.

We went through a period, certainly in the last 10 years, when everything for me became too cynical and sniffy, as if the world is being run by so-called tastemakers and I don't like that."

Cowell defended himself against a charge from singer La Roux that he was responsible for "ruining the music industry".

And he lashed out at "snobs" who have criticised his TV show music acts.

He said: "I'm not sure who has the right to say that you have better taste than somebody else, because essentially what you're doing is calling millions of people morons."

He said he had tried to watch Jools Holland's BBC2 music show and had to turn it OFF.

Cowell said: "I looked at the show the other night and I lasted 20 seconds. I just didn't like the look of it.

"I looked at the acts, listened to the songs and just didn't get it. But there are people who do like it, so I would never scream at him, 'Take your show off the air, you're destroying the business!'

"It's more like, good luck to him."

He said that The X Factor had actually helped the British music industry as it got more people into record stores.

He added that he still hadn't heard from Leonard Cohen after he chose his song Hallelujah for the X Factor winner's song last year. He said: "I would have liked to have heard from him."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ctor-show.html

FORMER Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland has revealed she would like to be a fifth judge on the X Factor.
    The US star, 28, put her name in the hat after show boss Simon Cowell said he wanted to bulk up the panel next year.

Simon has set his sights on Robbie Williams, 35 - who sang with runner-up Olly Murs at the weekend and ran a masterclass earlier in the series.

But his pop career could make it difficult for him to commit.

There is also speculation Dannii Minogue, 38, may not return next season - which would open up another slot on the judges' table.

Tempted

Kelly was mooted to step in for Dannii when Simon was considering axing the Aussie earlier this year.

And signing a major R'n'B name like Kelly would be a boost for the ITV1 hit.

Kelly said she was tempted by the show - but insisted that she would support the wannabes and not be bitchy.

The When Love Takes Over singer said: "Who am I to judge someone's struggle and where they've come from?

"We have all had difficult battles. It took Destiny's Child six years to get a record deal.

"Sometimes there is a waiting list and you have to struggle and have patience.

That strengthens you, makes you better and more appreciative when

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ing-panel.html

That would be fab if she was to join

Dannii Minogue has dismissed the latest rumours surrounding her future on The X Factor.

Earlier this month, it was suggested that Minogue was "highly likely" to quit the ITV1 talent programme because she wished to start a family with boyfriend Kris Smith.

Meanwhile, another report has since claimed that the popstar's future on the judging panel is under threat because show boss Simon Cowell "can't stand" her.

However, writing on Twitter, Minogue insisted: "Simon Cowell decides the X Factor panel around January. All news articles till then are just speculation!"

Rumours that the 38-year-old planned to quit were recently branded "total rubbish" by sources close to Minogue. An insider said: "If she is offered it again, then she will decide if she wants to do it."

She should tell Simon where to stick it. the way shes been treat this year like a total outsider for no reason is quite frankly disgusting.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

But it is a very nice little earner for her, to sit there and comment on people's singing. And if they bring a 5th judge in, it might relieve the tension.

ROBBIE Williams has given the clearest hint yet that he WILL take up Simon Cowell's offer of a judging spot on The X Factor.

The Robster yesterday said he was tempted by Simon's offer to be a fifth judge next year, adding: "It's a goer."

He confessed he had space in his diary as he wasn't planning a major tour until 2011.

Asked if he would join Simon, Dannii Minogue, Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh on telly's biggest reality show, he replied: "I'd like to confirm that's a goer."

But the mischievous singer then appeared to backtrack, adding in a GMTV interview: "No, I'm all right for the time being."

Confused? So is TV Biz.

One thing is for sure though - he will certainly have time to do the show. He won't be touring with new album Reality Killed The Video Star until 2011.

Robbie used the telly chat to gush about The X Factor, which he performed on twice this year.

He said: "X Factor has been the centre of the universe for the last two months.

"Me and the missus (Ayda Field) have been watching it every Saturday and Sunday and voting and getting excited and upset when our favourites go."

And he told how The X Factor wannabes had become obsessed with him. Robbie bumped into Jedward and other show stars while filming Ant and Dec's Christmas special on Wednesday night.

He said: "Miss Frank were on and Rachel from The X Factor and Jedward. One of them wanted me to be their uncle, another their brother and another their dad!"

TV Biz certainly hopes he'll be part of The X factor family next year.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-X-Factor.html

THE X Factor final may be staged a week early next year so the winner can avoid a Christmas No 1 battle.

The news came as this year's victor Joe McElderry is set to miss the top spot again - beaten by his show mentor Cheryl Cole.

The X Factor judge yesterday released her new song Three Words, which is tipped for No1 this weekend.

Top tip ... Cheryl Cole
    Top tip ... Cheryl Cole

Joe, 18, was beaten to top of the charts by Rage Against The Machine on Sunday.

He said: "I spoke to Cheryl and she said, 'you've had amazing sales so just be positive'."

ITV1's plan for next year means the winner would be guaranteed a No 1 for at least a week.

They fear the success of the Facebook campaign to get Rage's Killing In The Name to No 1 will be repeated.

A source said: "If a show that gets 19million viewers can't muster enough support to beat an online campaign of music snobs, then maybe there is no point aiming for a Christmas No 1 next year."

Boss Simon Cowell wants to make next year's X Factor "bigger and better".

Ideas include bringing in Robbie Williams as a fifth judge.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...next-year.html

Does he have to be a judge

Oh, I hope so. 2 pretty faces to look at all weekend, Simon and Robbie.

Louis Walsh has claimed that he is frustrated by ITV's refusal to promise more investment in The X Factor.

According to The People, ITV has still not signed a deal for the next series of the talent show because executives are concerned about the cost of making it.

"The X Factor is ITV's crown jewel so they need to sort it out," Walsh said. "I have no doubt it will be back on our screens this year because it is so huge. But ITV need to realise that and sort the problem out. Costs are going to rise because successful TV shows cost money, but it is worth every penny to ITV."

Walsh added that Cowell's alleged demand for an extra £3 million is necessary to keep the show "fresh".

"Simon wants what is best for the show," he claimed. "He is not an unreasonable man. He knows what it will cost to make The X Factor even better next year and ITV have to realise that at the moment they have a great show to boast about.

"The BBC don't have it. Strictly Come Dancing was terrible last year because it hasn't changed in seven years. We have to change The X Factor to keep it fresh and to find different ways of it appealing to the viewers, because they are the ones who choose what to watch."

However, an ITV source said: "We have only got a limited amount of cash to spend on The X Factor because we have to invest in other programming. We have had to sack valuable people and cut costs to keep ourselves going as a business.

"It's been very tough and we need those demanding cash on Simon's behalf to understand we can only go so far. More money will be spent on X Factor, but there have to be limits."

DS

Thread Information