Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: The X Factor 2010

Simon Cowell has reportedly drawn up a list of over-used songs that X Factor contestants are banned from singing.

The judge is worried that viewers will grow bored of hearing the same songs, according to the News of the World. It is also reported that Cowell is becoming irritated by his favourite songs being "murdered" by hopefuls.

Banned songs include Kings of Leon's 'Sex on Fire' and two tracks by Paolo Nutini. The move is part of a series of on-going changes for the show, after previous clamp downs on sob stories and the recommendation that hopefuls should get dancing lessons.

A source said: "This is about people's real honesty and personality. It's about them and their stage presence."

The list of banned songs is:

Kings of Leon - 'Sex on Fire'
    Jason Mraz - 'I'm Yours'
    Paolo Nutini - 'Last Request'
    Paolo Nutini - 'New Shoes'
    Eva Cassidy - 'Songbird'
    Snow Patrol - 'Chasing Cars'

The launch date of The X Factor series seven has been confirmed.

Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Cheryl Cole and Dannii Minogue will begin their hunt for Britain's next great singing star on Saturday, August 21 at 8.30pm on ITV1.

The Xtra Factor will follow immediately afterwards on ITV2 with new host Konnie Huq.

The first audition shows will feature guest judges including Geri Halliwell, Katy Perry and Natalie Imbruglia, who stood in for Minogue while she was on maternity leave.

This weekend, Huq will host recap show The Xtra Factor: Rewind on ITV2, which will look back at the highs and lows of last year's competition. The presenter will catch up with the former contestants, including winner Joe McElderry, to find out how the show changed their lives, and meet the judges for a preview of this year's series.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (09-08-2010)

I knew it would be soon I cant wait I love have something to watch on the weekend

'X Factor' producers have been accused of making a deal with one of the hopeful acts in this year's series of the show, reports The Sun.

A member of girlband Husstle – made up of five females aged 18 to 29 – allegedly told fellow contestants during the 'X Factor' boot camp stage in London that her group had already been guaranteed a place in the live shows.

She reportedly claimed that Simon Cowell had agreed with her band's manager – former boyband member Spike Dawbarn, from 911 – to put Husstle through to the final stage of the competition.

A source told the paper: "This girl was boasting and winding everyone up about it. They had already been swanning around the place acting like top dogs, so when one of them said they were told they'd be in the final line-up it all kicked off.

"People were screaming and jabbing fingers at each other and some girls even burst into tears.

"The row got so nasty that producers had to rush in and cool it down."

The hopeful girlband may have impressed Simon Cowell during the auditions, but a spokesperson for the TV judge dismissed claims of any deal having been made, describing them as "total rubbish".

Kimberley Walsh has revealed that she would have rejected an offer to fill in for Cheryl Cole on The X Factor while she had malaria.

Speaking to Bang Showbiz, the star said that it "wouldn't be appropriate" for her to replace her Girls Aloud bandmate, despite their "similar opinions".

However, she added: "Nicole Scherzinger will be interesting to watch - it's a good way for the public to get to know her better."

Magic Numbers host Stephen Mulhern recently claimed that producers should have asked Walsh before hiring Scherzinger.

Simon Cowell has reportedly hired Take That for a mentoring role on this year's X Factor.

According to OK, the music mogul persuaded the group, who had allegedly been considering a deal for BBC One's Strictly Come Dancing, to join the show.

"X Factor has landed the ultimate trophy by getting Take That. We know the BBC wanted them for Strictly," said a source.

"But we've beaten them to it. If the boys had gone for Strictly they’d have been singing while a bunch of dancers pranced around them on the show. At least with X Factor they can use their musical expertise to help the acts."

Robbie Williams, who recently rejoined the 'Back For Good' group, mentored and sang with Olly Murs last year. Meanwhile, Gary Barlow and Mark Owen appeared on the show two years ago during a Take That-themed week.

YAY Im looking forward to seeing Take that

X Factor hopeful Katie Waissel has been compared to Jedward after her controversial first audition.

The 24-year-old receptionist, who claims that she has wanted to be famous for her entire life, divides the judges with her performances of 'We Are The Champions' and Etta James's 'At Last'.

Speaking before her audition, the singer, dressed in a Desperately Seeking Susan-era Madonna outfit, says: "I love the '80s, I love Madonna, Freddie Mercury is my idol. I have wanted to be famous for all my life.

"Freddie Mercury is my icon and I love Etta James. Sometimes I wish I was their love child! I want to let the whole world know who I am."

Standing at the side of the stage, her father adds: "She has tried very, very hard and she's been trying very hard for a long time."

Waissel's audition gets off to a shaky start when Simon Cowell tells her not to perform the James track, claiming that it would be boring. However, when she begins to sing the Queen number, she forgets her words and is blasted by Louis Walsh.

"That was very disappointing, Katie. You gave us a big build-up then you were completely unprepared," says the Irish judge.

A desperate Waissel persuades the panel to give her one last chance to sing, performing her original audition track 'At Last'.

Cheryl Cole praises her "quirky style", but Walsh is still not impressed, describing her as "style more than substance". Cowell adds: "You are like a singing scarecrow. If the wind blows you too much in one direction, you will go off the stage." He also warns her that she nearly "threw it all away" with her poor first performance.

Waissel's opening audition has been compared to Irish twins Jedward and 2008 finalist Diana Vickers because of her unusual, kooky style and the divided response from the judges and audience.

Simon Cowell gets impressed by singing waitress Lynne Frances O'Neil in the X Factor launch show.

The youngster performs the Cyndi Lauper hit 'True Colours' for the judges in Glasgow and reveals that she is banned from singing at her workplace.

"I'm a waitress. I sing all the time. They have actually given me a deal at work. I'm not allowed to sing all day on Sunday," she tells the panel.

However, after her performance, Cowell comments: "If I owned the restaurant, I'd have you singing every night of the week. That's a massive yes."

Other acts who impress in the first episode of the seventh series are group Noir, who perform a Glee-esque cover of Lady GaGa's 'Paparazzi', and 21-year-old Mark McGregor, who wows the judges with his rendition of 'If I Could Turn Back The Hands Of Time'.

Offering his verdict on McGregor, Louis Walsh says: "Sometimes when someone walks on that stage you know that they've got it. Mark, you've got it'."

Simon Cowell has claimed that three-piece J'Ham are the worst ever group to audition on The X Factor.

The trio, who met over the internet, compare themselves to Black Eyed Peas and N-Dubz. However, they fail to impress the judges with their rendition of Lady GaGa's 'Bad Romance' in London, which ends up leaving Cowell, Louis Walsh and Cheryl Cole in a stunned silence.

Speaking about the group's performance, Cowell says: "Do you want me to be honest? Probably the worst group we've ever had on this show. I have genuinely never ever heard anything like that."

When the band ask for a second chance, the judge quickly adds: "No, absolutely... never."

Walsh says: "It was like three cats being strangled down an alleyway. Really, really bad. You were all out of tune."

Thread Information