Simon Cowell has confirmed that there is no contract yet in place with ITV for next year's X Factor.

Speaking at the press conference for this year's final, the show boss brushed aside reports that decisions had already been made regarding format and judging changes.

Cowell said: "Where we stand next year, we have no deal in place for The X Factor. Until that's concluded I can't really tell you about changes at the moment, because we've got to get that sorted first of all.

"That's the conversation we'll be having next year with ITV. Genuinely, we make these decisions when we've had a break from the show, we're a bit too immersed in it at the moment."

He added: "It's a long a show, so we tend to have a break and sit down and then we decide what we want to do. This year was a good example, because we changed the audition sequence after shooting one day in Scotland.

"At the last second, with eight days to go, we built that audition arena and travelled all over the country with it. It was a nightmare. I actually built the set myself! In my shed!"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/...ctor-2010.html