Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: The X Factor 2010

Four extra wildcard acts have been added to the X Factor live shows.

Host Dermot O'Leary announced the twist, which had been hotly rumoured all week, at the start of this evening's programme. All four judges were allowed to bring back one act, who they rejected at the Judges' Houses stage, for a second chance.

Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Dannii Minogue and Cheryl Cole were filmed visiting their wildcard acts at their homes, where they surprised them with the news.

Cowell brought back camp pop duo Diva Fever in the Groups category, while Louis Walsh offered his wildcard to Wagner Carrilho. Dannii Minogue handed a last chance to cinema worker Paije Richardson and Cheryl Cole gave the last slot on the live shows to Treyc Cohen.

All 16 acts will compete on the live shows, which are now expected to feature double evictions at various points during the series.

Go on Mary!! what a voice! hope that she gets all the votes that she deserves.

Cant stand Katie.

I like Mary best too!!!

Matt and Mary were on fire tonight, which was great. I think Storm and Wagner will go tomorrow in the double eviction.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

didnt know it was double eviction tonight!! well matt and tesco mary were fantastic last night...loved there performances
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Anybody else think that Aiden Grimshaw looks like Ryan Molloy from EE? Liked his performance !!

Belle amis and Katie were terrible last night.. Matt and Mary were the best of the night... fantastic.. Mary was totally amazing... fantastic!! Loved that Diva Fever is back..made me laugh so much.. really lifted my spirits..
    Super Mod

My favourites were Mary, Aiden, and TreyC, in that order . Yes, Belle Amie was poor. I thought that F.Y.D. would have been better. Does anyone know what F.Y.D. stands for?? Katie or Cher to go tonight please, but yes, I agree that Wagner will probably go - although I found him very entertaining! I reckon next week will also be a double eviction, cos with all these wild cards they will have to wind it down in time for that Xmas no. 1 spot.
    Last edited by megan999; 10-10-2010 at 17:37.
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Follow Your Destiny = F.Y.D

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

megan999 (11-10-2010)

Nicolo Festa and FYD have become the first two acts to be eliminated from this year's X Factor.

Dermot O'Leary first announced that Festa, FYD and Katie Waissel had finished as the bottom three, before revealing that as the act with the lowest amount of votes, Festa would be immediately sent home.

The stony-faced contestant, who performed Lady GaGa's 'Just Dance', on yesterday's show, was stunned into a rare silence after hearing the result, commenting to O'Leary that he felt "like crap".

Festa's mentor Dannii Minogue also had difficulty summing up the loss of her first act, eventually noting: "It's so hard to stand out with 16 acts on the first show. I thought Nicolo sang fantastically."

Following Festa's elimination, FYD sang Rihanna's 'Please Don't Stop The Music' and Waissel covered 'Don't Let Me Down' by Annie Lennox in one last attempt to impress the judges.

Simon Cowell first questioned why Waissel hadn't sung her survival song yesterday before voting to save his own act FYD. Cheryl Cole also saved her act Waissel, but added that it was "not just a biased decision".

Minogue then decided to vote out FYD and Louis Walsh toyed with sending the vote to deadlock, before opting to "do the right thing" and casting the deciding vote that sent the boyband home.

The decision made, FYD accepted that viewers may have been too distracted by their dancing to appreciate their vocal abilities and insisted that they would be staying together.

Following the double elimination, Cole and Walsh are the only judges with all their acts left in the competition, while Walsh is the only mentor not to have an act finish in the bottom three.

The X Factor continues next Saturday at 7.30pm on ITV1.

Thread Information