Page 81 of 404 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Well done you.. didn't know you like Table tennis.. my partner used to play in a German team.. and I am trying to get my kids interested in it but very few table tennis clubs in Ireland

Oh.. my China trip is not going ahead. The project was abandoned by management.. stupid management
    Sorry to hear that, Shiv. You'd have found plenty of table tennis clubs in China. It's their national sport.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (15-10-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Well done you.. didn't know you like Table tennis.. my partner used to play in a German team.. and I am trying to get my kids interested in it but very few table tennis clubs in Ireland

Oh.. my China trip is not going ahead. The project was abandoned by management.. stupid management
    Awww, sorry Shiv But we prefer you here rather than other side of the world anyway

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (15-10-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Shiv. You'd have found plenty of table tennis clubs in China. It's their national sport.
    Yeah.. it would have been fun..

if you ever get a chance to go to Germany.. go visit this club: TTC Zugbrücke Grenzau.. in a beautiful location and they were runners up 2 years in a row... I go there when I am on vacation...
    Super Mod

A great start to the week; my new book has just arrived: http://www.thehistorypress.co.uk/pro...sh-Museum.aspx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Abigail (25-10-2010)

Well done Norman

Congratulations, parkerman, well done

Congratulations, Parkerman! How does it feel to have your name in print?? I am going to buy this for my Husband's christmas as he would love it!

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    That looks a really interesting book! Is it on sale in the British Museum?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Just when I thought everything was going so well...

Before the book went to the printer, the publishers told me that I had to get permission from all the people in the photographs to allow them to be printed in the book. I got hold of all the people I could and all of them - except one - agreed. I told the History Press and sent them a replacement photo . They said that was fine and had sent my replacement photo to the printers.

When I received my complimentary copies, I naturally opened the book there it was...the photo of the woman who'd said no! They hadn't changed it at all. I got straight on to my editor, who said it was all the printer's fault, which doesn't help me very much. They said I should contact the woman, apologise, and ask her what she wants to do about it. She said there were three options. 1. She can just agree for it to go ahead now it's done. 2. She can let the first edition go and they will change it for any subsequent editions or 3. She can ask for it to be re-done now, which will mean at least a four week delay while they reprint the book.

I have emailed her and am now waiting to see what she wants to do...

If she says no again, which I suspect she will, it could be another four weeks before it can be put on sale.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope you get it all sorted soon parkerman.

Im joining a band again, im looking forward to picking up the old cornet again! its getting rusty upstairs in its box!

Thread Information