Page 52 of 404 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Have you got a training contract Katy?
    Not yet Abigail, im taking a bit of a risk by doing the LPC without having one secured at the end as there is no guarentee i will get one. There is a lot of help with finding you one at MMU, which will be where i am doing my LPC. I have a plan b though and if i dont get a training contract for straight after ill just start applying for Paralegal jobs which is slightly less money but it is a foot in the door and then there is a future possibility that that company may pick me up for my training contract plus it gives me much needed experience for when i start applying for TC in the future. Theres also the fact that i dont really want to be a city centre commercial firm which are the ones that give TCs out like 2 years in advance, i want to work high street with private client and there given more on a when they need a new person basis.

Do you know what your plans are for when you finish?

Had some bad news this morning. My borther in law who lives in Leeds died this morning from Pnuemonia. My sister phone last night to say he was taken in to hospital on Wednesday but she got a call about 9pm to go in as he was poorly. He died at 6am. Fallen out with my other sister already as she thinks because she went down to help the last time he was in hospital last year I should go to the funeral but I have no one to watch Marley so how can I. Families

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Kath , I am so sorry about your brother in law.

You are right about families, there is something about loss, though that brings out the worst in everyone - maybe it is thinking of our own mortality? You can only do what you can, so don't let anyone make you feel guilty.

Sorry about your news Kath and yeah I agree about Families.. they have a way of making you feel so guilty.. even if you have done nothing wrong
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post

Do you know what your plans are for when you finish?
    I really want to do a masters but it depends on funding. I don't want to get a Career Development loan because of the repayment terms. My mum phoned earlier to tell me I'm getting quite a bit of money for my birthday. I don't know whether I should save it for a house deposit or pay for part of my masters fees or put it towards a travelling fund

Forensic science jobs aren't readily available but they do pay well. I watched a program the other day about crime scene cleaners and had a fleeting idea of setting my own crime scene cleaning company up. I have basic business knowledge and knowledge of cleaning up biological fluids but I don't know what sort of market there is.

So the short answer is - I don't know!
    Thanks CrazyLea

But you have the opportunity to look into this, you still have time to do research, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Had some bad news this morning. My borther in law who lives in Leeds died this morning from Pnuemonia. My sister phone last night to say he was taken in to hospital on Wednesday but she got a call about 9pm to go in as he was poorly. He died at 6am. Fallen out with my other sister already as she thinks because she went down to help the last time he was in hospital last year I should go to the funeral but I have no one to watch Marley so how can I. Families
    Sorry to hear that Kath. Is there no-one you can get to look after Marley? You really should attend the Funeral if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Sorry to hear your sad news Kath. Can you take Marley with you or see if she could stay at a friend's house overnight?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Sorry to hear about your brother in law, i agree totally on whay you say about families, i have spent the last two days with mine and i love them all to pieces but my its stressful! and yet it really shouldnt be.

So sorry to hear the sad news Kath, I agree too about families being a pain in the bum, barely speaking to mine lately. Arghh.

I'm in a slight pickle... lately I've lost all interest in College and bla bla bla. Anyways, I work at the shoe shop too part time.
    I had a phonecall today off a local hotel asking me to go in for an informal interview on Thursday morning, and have given me a shift on Friday night. I'm happy, and I only have 2 weeks left in College, so holding 2 jobs over the summer can't be that bad can it? Is anyone up to scratch on this kind of situation? I'm just feeling a bit woooooah what do I do.

Thread Information