Page 370 of 404 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I had to report my car being scratched this morning. Its only 2 years old and cost me a lot of my hard earned money. My insurance will not cover it as its 47cm and they only cover up to 30cm with this £400 scratch policy i took out, The police appear to have linked it to the women who took the cat for mow and are coming to see me again tomorrow. I am supposed to be working on my presentation for a job interview but i am pratting around with this. I have an interview for a job to work at the Grenfell Tower site. But with all this going on i will be a wreck before i get there. Maybe its not meant to be!
    I am sorry you are having such a hard time and wish I could help you more but I hope you can concentrate on preparing for your job interview but I appreciate that is not going to be easy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Splashy (14-12-2017)

Luckily i have a nice christmas dinner to look forward tonight at Jamie's Kitchen so i will feel better by the morning.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Splashy (14-12-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Luckily i have a nice christmas dinner to look forward tonight at Jamie's Kitchen so i will feel better by the morning.
    Sounds lovely, have a fab time and forget recent events for a couple of hours

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Splashy (14-12-2017), swmc66 (15-12-2017)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    swmc66, this is a serious post not one of my mainly insane ones.

Speaking as someone who knows a lot about harassment laws and post rated advice on a dedicated site about it.

If the police have issued you with a desist notice in contacting an individual either directly or indirectly and that will include reporting them to the police post the issue.

Sorry to shout this BUT DO NOTHING GAIN.. dont be baited into doing something or act because you feel in the right.

The second you signed that letter of desist behaviour you entered a period that anything you do now to interact with this person may lead to your arrest and prosecution.

If you get even just a police caution over this matter it may screw up any chance you have getting a job.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (15-12-2017)

Luckily it was an email and a first instance letter and she got one too i found that out today. So i never had to sign anything thank goodness. The police officer today said he does letters not emails and gets people to sign.

Sorry that makes no sense! You have either been warned off by the police or not? (life isnt dull for you swm, keep us up to date on this saga it fascinates me)

anywho.. moving on .

Ever been on a bus when the mother places a kid maybe 5 ish on board, then tells the driver give me five minutes and I will be back then runs up the road... well I have... to be fair she was back in 4 minutes If I had been the driver I would of thrown the kid off and driven away ... guess thats why Im not the driver. :cartman

edited by me at 11.17
    Last edited by Splashy; 16-12-2017 at 12:18.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (16-12-2017)

I can only go by what last police man said. The email said this was my one and only warning.
    That lady on the bus is highly irresponsible!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Splashy (16-12-2017)

How did the police get your email swm? The answer is they didnt and they wouldnt send any contact to anyone via email.

Ive consulted with some of my colleagues on this, the Police have to come to see you in person, they have to explain the issue then you sign a letter/form saying you understand that you must not contact directly or indirectly the person that has complained about you.

Now it is important swm that you dont let it go that far, if you do you then would fail any enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (ECRB) check. That means job wise any employer who does that check will see it. We have seen several people being issued this letter who the Police have never seriously looked into and it has messed with their job prospects. Be aware that some evil types know they can screw with people legally like this. The classic one is to do one against an ex partner, then invite them round and then tell the Police they were an unwanted visitor = arrest an prosecution.

Anyway ... like I say non of us have ever heard of police issuing warnings by email, there are some scams involving fake Police emails .. if they do come knocking on your door I advise you request legal advice and dont sign anything. Like I say if you do it will come up on any enhanced check.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (16-12-2017)

He had my email as i sent him an email at one stage.
    From what you describe i have not have a formal signed warning between me and the police so hopefully will not be on my records as such.
    I was only following instructions from cats protection. He said any further contact WILL BE seen as harrassment
    I hope it does not affect future jobs as i work in health and social care.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Splashy (18-12-2017)

I am no law expect, but I do know that they would have to talk to you in person before anything goes on the record.

To be honest most Police officer really dont want to get involved in this kind of thing, took me three years to get my harasser issued a warning and even then it was a nightmare trying to get them to act on anything after that and the guy was threatening to kill me.

Anywho, just wanted you to have a heads up swm.

The FOG is coming peoples , stay in bed if you can its going to be havoc out there.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (19-12-2017), swmc66 (20-12-2017)

Thread Information