Page 351 of 404 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I am always too scared to look up when i hear that this is happening . I got up early as usual today and my son was sat up and he said he had not slept all night. He has not been able to see at all at night and his day vision has gone worse. I quickly got him to A and E and then got to go to an eye clinic by 8am. They said that he had a piece of metal in his left eye and that he was one of 10% of the population that can easily tear their retina. But for now he is ok as they took the metal out. He is 18 and asked me to get him vitamins, carrots and carrot juice as his froends have been looking up on the internet. Just bought this stuff for him. He was worried he was about to go blind. It was awful. He did not want to tell me as he thinks i have too much already with caring for 4 other family members. Now i am going to try and sleep.
    Your poor son must be so worried about that eye, I am glad they were able to take the metal out. How on earth did that get in there? I guess he needs to go for regular check-ups now to make sure that the retina is ok. Hopefully you are going to have a break from worrying about your family and are able to get some well deserved rest.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (15-08-2017), Splashy (15-08-2017), swmc66 (15-08-2017)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    I totally emphasise with your son SWM.. Ive been losing my vision all my life so Ive got used to it, but to suddenly have it threatened over one night must be devastating.

But isnt the NHS brilliant. They obviously stepped up and sorted this horrendous issue promptly.

Just booked a B&B in Cowes for next week, 50 quid includes breakfast.. not told landlady.. but intend to move around the island for a while looking for a rental for the winter....I cant stand living here much longer.. I want to be on my home island

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (15-08-2017), Perdita (15-08-2017)

Thanks. He kept it from me for 2 months that's the worst bit. Now he has to be aware of any changes and act immediately in future. He gets his A level results Thursday and plans to go Nottingham University. I wish he would stay in london so i could make sure he is ok.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (15-08-2017), Perdita (15-08-2017), Splashy (15-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Thanks. He kept it from me for 2 months that's the worst bit. Now he has to be aware of any changes and act immediately in future. He gets his A level results Thursday and plans to go Nottingham University. I wish he would stay in london so i could make sure he is ok.
    Us blokes need good mums like you to sort us out... its a male trait to go curl up in a corner rather than go and get medical help

My belief is he will be fine, Im no professor but Ive spent enough time at the eye hospital with sufferers to know he is now in the right hands.

Actually the only ones at the eye hospital I really do feel for in a major way are those having direct injections into their eye balls to treat wet maculaaurs. its a brilliant fix to a horrible sight issue but boy oh boy those geezers look like they would pay millions not to be there let alone have to come back next week for another injesction.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (15-08-2017), Perdita (15-08-2017)

Thank you

I think Ive fought the fire on the home front, I can only hope "some" stick to their scripts, they dont seem to understand what peril they are in if they dont... now thou pandoras box is open Ive come across a new hellish mess concerning a will.

Last night one of the rich neighbours here had a huge Asian party, with very loud music and dancing... I was fuming ... I mean why didnt they invite me it looked like great fun.

My niece fascinates me, she has pink hair, brilliant tattoos and hula hoops for a living around the world. Her current hoops are programmable LED ones. this is the lady who spent new years eve being a mermaid in the infinity swimming pool in the Shard. She stayed here for two days and land lady loved it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (17-08-2017)

At least she is not boring! My son got into Nottingham University his first choice for a masters programme in Maths. Not sure what his results were as they get notification of a place before they pick up their results. They were asking for an A*AB or AAA. So he must have done well. He wants to go there so i will not persuade him to stay in London. I will miss him.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (17-08-2017), Splashy (17-08-2017)

Math aint boring swm... it is the core that are modern life is based on, no math = no smart phone and we have to go back to counting on our fingers. .. math can also be sexy, watch Rachel on on Countdown I mean the lady cant dance but who cares when you look like that.

Been making sure my smart phone has all my telly on it ready for me hols on Monday..BB owner keeps texting me now re it, beginning to wonder if his first name isnt really Norman and surname Bates. If you never hear from me again, well post the celebrations about that, please know I loved you all and didnt on a drunk night last July pee behind the sofa in the chill out room of the Emmerdale current thread.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (17-08-2017), Perdita (17-08-2017), swmc66 (17-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    Math aint boring swm... it is the core that are modern life is based on, no math = no smart phone and we have to go back to counting on our fingers. .. math can also be sexy, watch Rachel on on Countdown I mean the lady cant dance but who cares when you look like that.

Been making sure my smart phone has all my telly on it ready for me hols on Monday..BB owner keeps texting me now re it, beginning to wonder if his first name isnt really Norman and surname Bates. If you never hear from me again, well post the celebrations about that, please know I loved you all and didnt on a drunk night last July pee behind the sofa in the chill out room of the Emmerdale current thread.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (17-08-2017), Splashy (18-08-2017), swmc66 (17-08-2017)

You would think we would be celebrating today but my son and his friend have been really down.
    My son decided not to go Nottingham and go to Surrey to be with his friend plus rent was cheaper
    Then the whole accomodation issue depressed them as the rent is just under 4k and the maintenance loan is just about that for food and rent. I would have to help him and he feels bad about that. His friend gets a bursery of some sort as parents not working. Anyway they both were in tears at one point. So sad

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (18-08-2017), Perdita (18-08-2017), Splashy (18-08-2017)

Thread Information