Page 323 of 404 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I wish I lived in UK right now only for this reason .. otherwise I prefer my 29C daytime temps with sunshine .. but going down to 17C again next week with showers, so don´t get too jealous But need to do a clearout and will donate a lot to animal charities
    17°C sounds like heaven compared to our 11°C.

Do you have something like Gumtree or Craigslist in your area? They often have a freebies section, or you could just advertise things in the most appropriate section with a zero price tag. I've even seen things listed on eBay with prices set at £0.01 (presumably eBay don't allow members to list things completely free).

I often like to browse the free/low priced items going in my area and have picked up some interesting bargains for my new home that way.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Splashy (12-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by pyrocanthus View Post
    Great idea Dazzle!!! thank you!!!
    You're welcome.

An injured cat comes into my garden daily. Half its neck has be damaged and fur hanging off. It have reported it to both RSPCA and Celia Hammond Rescue but they are too busy right now. So i have been feeding it and its getting closer and closer and waits for me in the morning. As i have been feeding the cat i have ended up with the whole neighbourhoods cats.
    I know they say you should not feed them but how can i not when i am feeding the one i want to catch. I did'nt realise there are so many cats without homes its really sad. If i was on my own i would take another couple in easily. I have had my own cat for 6 months. Its been a nice addition to the family. I can sit in meetings and all i think about is my cat. How mad is that!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-03-2017), Perdita (11-03-2017), Splashy (12-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    An injured cat comes into my garden daily. Half its neck has be damaged and fur hanging off. It have reported it to both RSPCA and Celia Hammond Rescue but they are too busy right now. So i have been feeding it and its getting closer and closer and waits for me in the morning. As i have been feeding the cat i have ended up with the whole neighbourhoods cats.
    I know they say you should not feed them but how can i not when i am feeding the one i want to catch. I did'nt realise there are so many cats without homes its really sad. If i was on my own i would take another couple in easily. I have had my own cat for 6 months. Its been a nice addition to the family. I can sit in meetings and all i think about is my cat. How mad is that!
    I think it's very sane!

You're doing a very good thing by feeding and trying to catch the poor injured cat. I'd be surprised if every single one of the other cats who are eating your food are strays. Even well-fed cats will often eat food if it's on offer. It's so tragic that there are so many strays though.

When you've caught the cat you're after, if you decide to stop putting food out I'd reduce it gradually rather than stop it suddenly.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 10-03-2017 at 22:31.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (11-03-2017), Splashy (12-03-2017), swmc66 (11-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    17°C sounds like heaven compared to our 11°C.

Do you have something like Gumtree or Craigslist in your area? They often have a freebies section, or you could just advertise things in the most appropriate section with a zero price tag. I've even seen things listed on eBay with prices set at £0.01 (presumably eBay don't allow members to list things completely free).

I often like to browse the free/low priced items going in my area and have picked up some interesting bargains for my new home that way.
    I am a member on a local FB page where I can sell/buy/exchange things and the good thing is that meetings can be arranged to view items and therefore you don´t pay postage which is horrendously expensive here in Spain. There are also weekly markets where people have stalls so again avoiding postage

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-03-2017), Splashy (12-03-2017)

I think 3 are strays thats including injured cat and 2 have homes and i tend to give them just treats. The ones i think are strays look very uncared for and have scratches etc. Plus very hungry. My friend has found a lady who can help trap the cat. Having said that she looks like she is improving daily. She loves this area and think she would not like to leave it. I think i will always put a bit of food out for the cats.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-03-2017), Perdita (11-03-2017), Splashy (12-03-2017)

That is very kind of you, cats will find shelter but food is not so easy for them. I get so very upset when I see stray cats and dogs, so many here get dumped and the shelters are overfilled ... breaks my heart.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-03-2017), swmc66 (11-03-2017)

I can totally understand why people set up rescue centres and give so much of their time and why people leave money to such charities now.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-03-2017), Perdita (11-03-2017), Splashy (12-03-2017)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Won a few games of monopoly cards today for once, Land lady is normally a killer at the game being taught well by the evil genius 9 year old she baby sits.. but I lucked in for once.....

Made the ice cream parlour on our third attempt for a beloved one as a birthday treat.. it was worth the wait and the build up .

Beginning to hate my Gear Fit 2 wrist watch, its like having a nark on your arm telling everyone your a lazy ......

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-03-2017), Perdita (13-03-2017), swmc66 (13-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    We've just signed up "Menopause the Musical" for the West Cliff Theatre on 18 March next year. It stars Ruth Berkeley, Rebecca Wheatley (formerly of Casualty), Maureen Nolan (one of the Nolan Sisters) and....Hev herself, Cheryl Fergison!
    I am pleased to say that this has sold out! So, if you were thinking of coming to Clacton this Saturday to see our Hev, I'm afraid you're too late to get a ticket.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (16-03-2017), Perdita (14-03-2017), tammyy2j (18-03-2017)

Thread Information