Page 308 of 404 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

I had the same problem with my nephews, in the end they got a postal order so their mother could choose what to buy them.
    Last edited by pyrocanthus; 05-01-2017 at 21:07.

Glad your feeling better. Just got back from shopping and actually enjoyed myself for once. I spent way more than i should but felt like spoiling my son (and myself). It is nice when you find exactly what you want.

oh no not snow. I had a terrible journey driving at what feels like a snow storm.

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    oh no not snow. I had a terrible journey driving at what feels like a snow storm.
    I fear the forecast is for fairly widespread snow or at least sleet .. and freezing temperatures at night so be careful of black ice. Unlikely to get snow where I live but nights are cold, down to around 4C and higher ground in my area will probably have to scrape car windscreens before going to work in the mornings. Hope all will be safe during this cold and snowy spell

As long as its ok for my trip to Oxford on Sunday i will be happy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (13-01-2017)

it snowed where i live, however the prospect of building a snowman was not to be, by the time dawn broke the snow had melted. My sister had her hopes dashed this morning. She had originally applied for a job as a kitchen assistant but her previous employer didn't bother to give her a reference ( we had contacted them several times but to no avail). As a result her job was offered to someone else. However, an other job for a housekeeper had arisen, so she enquired, the current employee wanted to either reduce her hours or leave, the decision? she decided not to leave or reduce her hours. ( how wonderful is that??) So it was back to square one, she has now applied for another job elsewhere, let's hope this one proves to be more successful than the last. One thing she won't be doing is using her previous employer as a reference. She will use her last one instead. Meanwhile I wait and wait for an interview for the jobs I have applied for this month, I expect thinsg to be a bit slow as it is only January. Going to start a book about my Mother growing up in the war years and up to the present day. Finding out information has been a bit hard but I am managing ok.

Time I made lunch as my stomach is starting to rumble.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pyrocanthus For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-01-2017)

only one copy needed not two
    Last edited by pyrocanthus; 14-01-2017 at 15:10. Reason: duplicate copy

We had up to 20 cm of snow yesterday and it is starting up again. My son built a 2 meter snow thing (can't say man as it is a bit scary) and it was a nightmare getting to work yesterday. We had only 12cm on Tuesday but didn't make it up the hill near my home. Got stuck in snow along with a truck and 2 other cars. Had a bit of a panic situation so cried, rang my other half and asked him to bring his mother to me to drive me home.. She is a pro!! Not a bother to her.
    The man who clears our street dumped all the snow at the end of our road so had to dig it out before I could park yesterday. On Tuesday he put it beside my car and I couldn't open the door. He is a s**t
    Super Mod

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-01-2017), Perdita (14-01-2017)

If it snows i do not drive. Had an accident years ago in the snow , enough to put anyone off for life.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-01-2017), Perdita (14-01-2017), Siobhan (15-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    We had up to 20 cm of snow yesterday and it is starting up again. My son built a 2 meter snow thing (can't say man as it is a bit scary) and it was a nightmare getting to work yesterday. We had only 12cm on Tuesday but didn't make it up the hill near my home. Got stuck in snow along with a truck and 2 other cars. Had a bit of a panic situation so cried, rang my other half and asked him to bring his mother to me to drive me home.. She is a pro!! Not a bother to her.
    The man who clears our street dumped all the snow at the end of our road so had to dig it out before I could park yesterday. On Tuesday he put it beside my car and I couldn't open the door. He is a s**t
    I really do not miss those days, it is cold here too, un-seasonally so but no snow. Hope I never ever have to shovel snow again!!
    Can you report the guy clearing the snow and blocking you in?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (15-01-2017)

Thread Information