Page 297 of 404 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Quote Originally Posted by pyrocanthus View Post
    The weather today is frosty or as the poem by Thomas Hardy quotes 'frost of spectre grey' , it is a typical Winter/Autumn day where I live.Sunshine is streaming through one of the windows in my home, silence has once again made its presence in the garden with birdsong on hold until Spring resurfaces. On the odd occasion a robin will fly into my back garden, perching itself on the fence, and every now and again will almost stare at me as if to say 'any food about, I'm hungry. How could I refuse, with a fist of breadcrumbs I wander out into the garden and scatter them on the patio, then quickly retreat indoors and await the hoards of birdlife to grace my garden ( if only for a few precious minutes).

I have an interview next week , hope that this time it will turn out to be more positive than the last 20 job interviews I had which culminated in the immortal words ' your application has been unsucessful'.
    I get sparrows on my balcony eating bread they find from neighbours that throw bread for them and olives they pick from trees, glad they are eating well but wish they would use somewhere else to go and poo

Good luck with the job interview xx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-11-2016), Splashy (29-11-2016)

Good luck do not give up. My daughter quit teaching recently and she had a few months off to recover. When she decided to apply for teaching assistant posts 100s of people were applying for one post. She started a new job on monday finally but had some rejections before that. She is getting her confidence and her life back together now

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-11-2016), lizann (30-11-2016), Perdita (29-11-2016), Splashy (29-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Good luck do not give up. My daughter quit teaching recently and she had a few months off to recover. When she decided to apply for teaching assistant posts 100s of people were applying for one post. She started a new job on monday finally but had some rejections before that. She is getting her confidence and her life back together now
    That is great news about your daughter, good that she has recovered and has found a new job. I hope she likes it where she is

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-11-2016), Splashy (29-11-2016), swmc66 (29-11-2016)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Good luck Pyro

Great news swmc66 daughter.

Had a great walk with Teddy and Kitty, Teddy likes to sniff every leaf and lamp post and Kitty, well she just sits down and waits in frustration. She gives him a withering look but Teds in hog heaven and dosent notice.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-11-2016), swmc66 (29-11-2016)

So have been off work for last few days with viral infection and woke up in the wee hours of the morning with sever back pain. Unable to move and now I am one so many pain killer and muscle relaxants. Want this week to be over
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    So have been off work for last few days with viral infection and woke up in the wee hours of the morning with sever back pain. Unable to move and now I am one so many pain killer and muscle relaxants. Want this week to be over
    Poor you! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Sorry to hear that . have you had your kidneys checked... infection can cause bad back ache

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-12-2016)

Sorry to hear that . have you had your kidneys checked... infection can cause bad back ache

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (04-12-2016)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Sending you warm waves of healing Siobhan.

Im having problems with my legs so I know how miserable that kind of pain can be.

Off to visit my flat and old stomping ground today. land lady is droping me off then will pick me up after shopping. Its really tedious not being able to drive. All the buses here go to Winchester, so I would have to get a train to Southampton then get another bus there. Im going to have to buy a horse and cart.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-12-2016), Siobhan (04-12-2016)

Sorry to hear you're still having problems with your legs.

I hope your visit to your flat today goes well, and please post a photo of your horse and cart when you get them because I love horses!
    Last edited by Dazzle; 03-12-2016 at 11:29.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Splashy (04-12-2016)

Thread Information