Page 271 of 404 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Thinking it was time to get up I quickly washed and dressed only to discover that my neighbour over the back of my house had installed a new security light, and the time? ( it was after 1.00am !!!) Yawn!!! back to bed I went.
    Last edited by pyrocanthus; 30-09-2016 at 14:16.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pyrocanthus For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-09-2016), Splashy (01-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    You know you are having a weird day when you accidentally tell the Ocado delivery guy you love him.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrocanthus View Post
    Thinking it was time to get up I quickly washed and dressed only to discover that my neighbour over the back of my house had installed a new security light, and the time? ( it was after 1.00am !!!) Yawn!!! back to bed I went.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrocanthus View Post
    Similar thing happened to me a few years ago .. stayed in a hotel, woke up wide awake .. put on tv, BBC News, thought it said 7am on their clock so got up, showered and when I got back to the room (military run hotels can be basic without en suite) I thought that the breakfast tv was different .... put my glasses on and checked my mobile phone .. it was 1am put a towel on my pillow because of my wet hair and went back to bed ..lol

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-09-2016), Splashy (01-10-2016)

I was on a waiting list for a Siberian cat for over a year now they said it could take another 6 months. Was getting a Siberian as my sister is allergic to cats. Anyway she has agreed to take medication when she visits if I get an ordinary kitten. I went out and got everything I need for a kitten on Thursday. I contacted a cat rescue and no one gets back to me. It's only been a week. Now I have spent hours on the internet trying to get a kitten but think I have come across a lot of dodgy breeders. I thought I would have had a kitten by the end of today. My friend who volunteers for a cat rescue said I best wait for one from the cat rescue.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-10-2016), Siobhan (02-10-2016), Splashy (02-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I was on a waiting list for a Siberian cat for over a year now they said it could take another 6 months. Was getting a Siberian as my sister is allergic to cats. Anyway she has agreed to take medication when she visits if I get an ordinary kitten. I went out and got everything I need for a kitten on Thursday. I contacted a cat rescue and no one gets back to me. It's only been a week. Now I have spent hours on the internet trying to get a kitten but think I have come across a lot of dodgy breeders. I thought I would have had a kitten by the end of today. My friend who volunteers for a cat rescue said I best wait for one from the cat rescue.
    I would only ever get a rescue cat rather than buy from a breeder, there are so many animals that need a new home. I hope you get what you want and that kitty will give you many years of pleasure

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-10-2016), Splashy (02-10-2016), swmc66 (01-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I would only ever get a rescue cat rather than buy from a breeder, there are so many animals that need a new home. I hope you get what you want and that kitty will give you many years of pleasure

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (01-10-2016)

I totally agree with Perdita and would only get a rescue cat (or any other animal for that matter).

Have you considered an older cat swmc66? There'll be many more of them than kittens needing homes. I've known many cats who were adopted as adults (some of whom were adopted by myself) and they've all settled into their new homes and become much loved members of the family.

I'd definitely persevere with the cat rescue place. The volunteers are probably so busy that someone just forgot to get back to you.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (01-10-2016), Splashy (02-10-2016)

Celia Hammond rescue in Canning Town said they will send a homing officer to check out my place first very soon. My daughter wants a kitten and wants to see it grow and be part of the family. Maybe I will have a cat/kitten in a couple of weeks. It's hard waiting when you want one so desperately. In the meantime I can get my alarm pet friendly and install a cat flap.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-10-2016), Splashy (02-10-2016), TaintedLove (02-10-2016)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    I love cats, but they have to be someone elses, Im too lazy to walk them Thou id love to strap a cat cam to one and watch their adventures.

Booked a hotel on the isle of widget for this weekend, got an email back warning me that a party was booked for that night and that it might be loud up till 11pm, I replied thats fine but I was upset that I wasnt invited to the party.

Oh, anyone fancy coming with me to crash a party this weekend

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-10-2016)

I had to go to a conference in Nottingham and stay in a hotel overnight. One guy a few doors a way was watching the Muhammad Ali funeral so loud I complained at 3am. At one point I was thinking I should watch it too as I am a big mohammed Ali fan. Went to his exhibition in the 02 called ALI the greatest

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-10-2016), Splashy (03-10-2016)

Thread Information